Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nintendo Kid posted:

id just kick him in the nuts

vanilla slimfast posted:

this is why you are the smartest kid in america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
if i were a twin i'd probably make sure that one of us had hair parted one way while i parted mine the other

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

vOv posted:

for some reason legal documents tend to be kinda repetitive: 'cease and desist', 'terms and conditions', 'true and correct', 'breaking and entering', etc.
people are assholes to try to find loopholes so you always need some kind of redundancy to block poo poo like, "well it's true but not exactly correct."

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nintendo Kid posted:

i disagree, everything can be named james.
identifying as jame, james, jameself

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Oben posted:

I love that the courtroom artist seems to be making this trial into a children's book.

they seriously couldn't have ended up with a better court room artist for this clown show

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Alan Smithee posted:

No that was a gay market for bitcoins get it straight
it's not straight though

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i never imagined him speaking, i always thought of him as just making different faces depending on his mood (default is that content and vaguely smug half-smile)

like people are always talking about him or on his behalf but when has he actually said anything
i heard him speak japanese in that youtube news thing but i always just imagined him sounding kinda like otakon from metal gear

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
stacks of evidence

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
can't wait until someone makes the inevitable lego model of the courtroom to go with our lego + buttcoin chat

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

TVarmy posted:

nice start, glad a legal us exchange is restoring market confidence.

the catch is that we're already on the moon and it's just pulling us back

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Cantorsdust posted:

next kyoon post incoming
i miss kyoon

:sax:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
lol @ being in his mid-twenties and taking a girl to a loving frat party

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Robawesome posted:

Yet another, seemingly insignificant, reason that bitcoin is better than fiat and banking (self.Bitcoin)

submitted a minute ago by ancientninja

So I went out to get some cigarettes today. The machine won't accept my debit card. I'm all out of cash.

I go to the ATM and try every possible number that my ATM might be, in case I had simply forgotten it. Nothing.

I call my bank, which has great customer service, but it's after hours so of course no one is there.

So now I have absolutely no access to any currency until this issue gets resolved.

If the gas station had simply accepted bitcoin, all of this could have been avoided and I wouldn't end up being inconvenienced for at least 24 hours. My debit card and access to cash would still non-existent, but at least I'd have my cigarettes
lol good luck entering every single number combo for your bitcoin address because 'you forgot it'

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
new microsoft ad campaign

BING: It's a search engine, believe it or not.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nintendo Kid posted:

they're the kind of people who tink if you don't put your real name on a forum you can't get arrested for admitting to crimes
"but as you can see, this bank account connected to illegal activities is a NUMBER. i have a NAME. the defense rests."

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ZyrKx posted:

don't forget that not only did he try to put hits out on multiple people he also documented it thoroughly in his diary for posterity
he's like a horror game character who starts an audio log

"i dunno why i decided to start a diary, but the password to my computer is 'drugs555ss5'

i hear knocking at the door. i wonder who it is..."

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

restingwitchface posted:

dropping inigo, etc.
my name is inigo montoya. you murdered my father. prepare to die.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

restingwitchface posted:

ok so I'm just going to type out my favorite dinner party story:

This guy gets completed wasted on a flight. Lands at the airport, drinks more at the terminal. Gets so drunk he goes out onto the tarmac and starts running around. He gets into one of those little golfcarts and soon security is chasing him around in a golfcart as well. Eventually the security guard corners him in this enclave. The guy is hiding now, and the guard doesn't know where he is. So he goes to get back-up.

Drunk guy's friend shows up, and convinces him to hide in a garbage chute. The guy climbs into the garbage chute, but is so drunk he slips and falls into the compactor. The friend calls out to him, but he's just lying there, stunned / unconscious. The friend freaks out and runs to go get the security guard.

The security guard arrives, along with some other guards and flight attendants. They see the guy lying there at the bottom of the chute, and realize they need to go find the switch to turn off the compactor. But before they can find the switch, the guy is compacted before their very eyes.

The family brings suit against the airline. They lose.

But the reason why isn't, "This man is an idiot." The rule of the case is, "The airline isn't responsible for you once you step off the airplane."
also this story is horrible. by horrible i mean awesome as hell and you must be a really entertaining person to have at thanksgiving or christmas dinners

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
conversation starter for when people walk into his office? "oh? that smiling fellow there? let me tell you about that case..."

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

FCKGW posted:

also I'm sure the 9500 limit is totally NOT to skirt 10k money laundering flags

quotes are good for 60 seconds

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Sending a "hamburger" through the blockchain

hmmm

i propose that we start measuring btc in hamburgers. it's something the whole world can understand, especially if we use the mean global value of hamburgers to btc

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i know someone named cody wilson :tinfoil:

e: i hope he wins

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i know at least 2 people who set up ssds in raid 0 and each time i've wondered, "why would you do it that way??"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i suppose as long as you back up your poo poo, it's fine, but the thing is, not enough people back up their poo poo and do this anyway because "BUT IT INCRASES MY READ/WRITE SPEEDS"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

the talent deficit posted:

it would make a lot more sense if he was a kenyan in america
yeah, like how the gently caress would you survive on $100/mo anywhere in america?

Elysiume posted:

drat that's some weapon grade sexism.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Magrov posted:

today's rainbow chart. still oscillating between ultraviolet and x-ray.

also i love this chart because we're outside of all the colors now, implying, no don't even buy bitcoin. don't do anything with bitcoin.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

seriously, the steps involved in being a recognized citizen of this country starts with one document, your birth certificate. Without it you can't get any officially recognized form of ID that I can think of.
heck i had some trouble getting a drivers license just because my bc is in german

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it largely looks like drug-inspired or just art from someone who likes psychedelic stuff

so yeah, nothing damming. decent people create things that are far more embarrassing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

jony ive aces posted:

there's also this american woman with rear end in a top hat fundie parents who basically responded by saying "omg our heathen daughter left us what a betrayal!"

snopes haven't managed to discredit it so it must be true :buddy: http://www.snopes.com/info/news/helpmeproveit.asp :smith:
homeschooled kids usually end up in the most hosed up situations

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

surebet posted:

while home births (and even homeschooling) aren't especially popular in my neck of the woods, i'd wager that in regions where that's more popular there must be a ton of kids who are lacking some/all documentation, especially if one of the various flavours of government distrust are driving that kind of behaviour

i don't know anyone that's been homeschooled but i can only imagine what kind of quirks a person growing up so isolated and influenced by their parents must develop if they get fed hardline crazy
i know 3 people who were homeschooled, 2 of which are my cousins, and they all come from batshit insane fundie parents. one of said cousins decided he wasn't so religious anymore and his parents cut almost all ties with him.

if he was in that no bc/no documentation boat, he'd be hosed beyond belief

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

SynthOrange posted:

Ugh I can probably guess what the original was about
i was expecting the original to be an anti-feminist cartoon, and was actually pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't

guess those are the expectations you end up with in this thread

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
one company found the secret to putting jp morgan out of business!
banks hate them!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
who is the real bonerlord?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

divabot posted:

Is there a good writeup anywhere of the last few days' forking fuckup, and the revelation that FIFTY loving PERCENT of the hash power DOESN'T loving BOTHER VERIFYING TRANSACTIONS, which is LITERALLY THE JOB THEY GET BITCOINS FOR? I'm looking for an even slightly usable reference for the RationalWiki article. (Our standards are abysmal, but something better than /r/buttcoin would be preferable.)
if you can get paid for not doing your job properly, then all the better

welcome to the real world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Robawesome posted:

85000 tx @ 76MB
lol maybe this will keep growing forever because no one wants to actually verify a butt transaction

• Locked thread