Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

FCKGW posted:

can someone give me a breakdown of the sec/fincen happenings

Changetipbot will need a Money Transmitter Licence, americans are banned from the global tipping economy. Bitcoin not affected because anti-fragility BLOCKCHAINS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

dimebag dinkman posted:

how many red foam rubber novelties can $1.1 million get you these days

quote:

3 Temporary Receiver Eric Johnson’s First Report, Ex. 5 at 3. The Receiver’s report notes that frozen assets include $1.1 million in cash and 25,617 Bitcoins. The exchange rate for Bitcoins is highly volatile. When the Receiver filed his first report, the exchange rate was approximately $410 per Bitcoin. As of the date of this filing, a little less than a month later, the value has dropped to approximately $354 per Bitcoin.

they could get an extra 10,5 9 million dollars if they sell all those bitcoins. that's a lot of pichforks.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.123.0.pdf

quote:

The Stipulated Interim Order empowered Temporary Receiver to manage all assets of BFL and to manage and administer the business of BFL. Doc. #54 at §§ X(B), X(H). The order also authorized the Temporary Receiver to “begin establishing an adequate cash reserve to cover potential refund liability. In this respect and under the supervision of Temporary Receiver, the following actions may occur immediately . . . Conversion of Receivership Defendant’s substantial bitcoin holdings to cash on a systematic and reasoned basis.

IT IS ORDERED that the Temporary Receiver’s proposed Transfer Protocol containing the methodology for transferring bitcoins held in Receivership Defendant Butterfly Labs Inc. (BFL)’s Storage Wallet to a Court-controlled bitcoin wallet, Doc. #122 and Ex. A thereto, is approved

:munch:

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.137.0.pdf

quote:

Defendant Sonny Vleisides, through undersigned counsel, hereby requests Court enter an
Order allowing him to sell twenty-five hundred dollars worth of personal belongings to pay
for day-to-day living expenses. On October 7, 2014, the Court entered an Order (Doc. No. 71)
allowing Vleisides access to approximately nineteen hundred dollars from a Commerce Bank
checking account. There are very little funds left in the Commerce Bank checking account.
Vleisides requests that he be able to sell twenty-five hundred dollars worth of personal
belongings to pay for day-to-day living expenses during the interim period defined in the
Stipulated Interim Order.

Sonny Vleisides asking the court permission to sell stuff to buy food or something. also, somehow he spent $1,900 in the last month. i have no idea about the cost of living in america, but isn't this sum a bit excessive?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
Robbed in Colombia by 6 kids with machetes (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago * by elfof4sky

So im I hitchhiking through Central and South America and last Sunday night I was sleeping on the side of the road when I heard foot steps and whispering right next to me. So I stood up quickly, but they were determined . I noticed right away their throaty slangy Spanish and then I saw the small machete aimed for my gut. They took off my glasses, and I couldnt see anything, plus it was really dark. Then they took everything I owned. I managed to take off with my sleeping bag up the road, where I flagged down a taxi. It brought me to town where I found the Colombian authorities who then brpught me to the scene of the crime. There I found my backpack, passport, paper backups off my bitcoins, a pair of jeans, and my first aid kit. Nothing else did they leave. They got my phone with some bitcoin on coinbase who I emailed the next day and they put my account in security hold. I just got a new phone yesterday and moved all my bitcoin out of my old phone into my new one. Backed up and ready to roll. This was one of the most horrible experiences of my life, but having bitcoin was a huge victory. In spite of my loss I feel I have gained.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i doubt the veracity of this tale

let's check his posting history:

quote:

[Serious] What if I hold a gun to your head, tell you to take out your smartphone, and send me all your bitcoins? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 1 month ago by Helplessboy

quote:

[–]elfof4sky 1 point 1 month ago
I would disarm you, possibly using your own weapon against you. Serious

yup, totally bullshit. he'd have disarmed the kids and killed them with their machete

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

FCKGW posted:

do people not pay rent or eat where you live?

they do, and 1,900 is a lot for a single guy living with in his mom's basement. i just forgot he had a wife and a kid.

sorry yospos, for i have sinned.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

BobHoward posted:

what the gently caress is reddit gold anyways

It's like a bitcoin tip, but there is actual money involved, and it goes to a corporation.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
thats a declaration from a happy BFL costumer. just read the entire thing, it's on the docket.

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.155.0.pdf

EDIT:

please, please, for the love of the almighty god, let the FTC answer this by submitting the buttcoin.org edited articles as evidence

Magrov fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 12, 2014

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
just finished reading the latest FTC vs BFL documents, and i have a question: what exactly is the penalty for perjury in the US?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

:allears:

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

The best part is when the officer breaks the driver traveller's window.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
http://orbilu.uni.lu/bitstream/10993/18679/1/Ccsfp614s-biryukovATS.pdf

Deanonymisation of Clients in Bitcoin P2P Network

quote:

We have presented the first method that correlates pseudonyms
of Bitcoin users behind NAT with the public IP address of
the host where the transaction is generated.
(...)
The cost of the deanonymisation attack on the full Bitcoin network
is under 1500 EUR.
(...)
We demonstrate that the use of Tor does not rule out
the attack as Tor connections can be prohibited for the entire
network.
(...)
Yet another feature is the lack of authentication within the
network, which requires the nodes to blacklist misbehaving
peers by IP. We figured out that very short messages may
cause a day IP ban, which can be used to separate a given
node or the entire network from anonymity services such as
proxy servers or Tor. If the Bitcoin community wishes to
use Tor, this part of the protocol must be reconsidered.

oh well, by now all this info is already in the wiki and nobody will be able to exploit it.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

yospos posted:

yelp

A blast from the past:

quote:

Call to Action: Making the most of Yelp - Let's send "Yelp/We Accept Bitcoin" stickers to every Yelp listed business that takes Bitcoin (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 months ago * by andreasma

As Yelp has enabled the bitcoin attribute in their listings, many existing businesses will now be using this to indicate their acceptance of bitcoin.

If you've visited a Yelp listed business you may have seen the vinyl stickers in the window/door that say "People Like us on Yelp" with a big red Yelp logo.

I would like to propose that we create a new vinyl sticker with "We Accept Bitcoin" with the bitcoin logo and send these to any business that we find on Yelp taking bitcoin.

EDIT: Many people dont like the idea of combining the Yelp logo, either because they don't like Yelps business practices, or they don't like the idea of using it without authorization. This marketing plan works very nicely if we just send the "We Accept Bitcoin" vinyl sticker with no reference to Yelp. Read it as such from now on...

I'm looking for help to do this:
  • A graphic design that has "We Accept Bitcoin" graphics on a single half-letter page or similar size.
  • An envelope design big enough to fit the sticker without folding and including the Bitcoin logos in place of a return address
  • A printing company that will print color on vinyl static-cling stickers and perhaps takes bitcoin
  • A script to extract the list of companies on Yelp that accept bitcoin
  • A script to extract the address of companies on coinmap and other listing sites that are also on Yelp but not yet listing their bitcoin status
  • Volunteers to help with printing, envelope stuffing, stamp licking and posting

We can use this opportunity to get the bitcoin logo on the door of every Yelp business that takes bitcoin, remind them to check the new option on Yelp and create buzz around Yelp's choice to include bitcoin, driving more businesses to use it.

Who's with me?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

FrozenVent posted:

who the gently caress is Jeffrey tucker is he the new bitcoin Jesus?

Magic Bitcoin Kingdom Gawker Article posted:

At his side and serving as a sort of personal moderator and hype man was anarcho-capitalist celebrity Jeffrey Tucker. Tucker was an odd sight in a room full of people in bitcoin shirts and cargo shorts: impeccably dressed, with a fey demeanor and theatrical voice verging on stage accent. Reports from the 2008 presidential campaign fingered Tucker as the author behind Ron Paul's notoriously homophobic and racist newsletters, a charge on which he's demurred.

In the Horizon ballroom, Tucker dazzled: He decried bitcoin critics as "Luddites," praised the robber baron mansions of Newport (monuments to "early adopters"), urged us to browse rare coin shops ("an authentic part of the social order, a symbol of an age that's gone by"), and of course, denounced the federal hand. "The regulatory books are stuffed so full of hundred years of crufty laws," he said.

http://chralash.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/bitcoin-luminary-series-jeffrey-tucker/ posted:

Q5) When did you adopt your iconic bow-tie getup, and do you wear one when sleeping at night?

I never really thought that the bow tie was anything important. I started wearing one when I was about 16 or so because it kind of stays out of the way. As for dressing up all the time, it’s just what makes my comfortable.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
the BFL docket has updated! :neckbeard:

someone in the bitcoin forums bought a PACER account and shared the docs: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9734353#msg9734353

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
BFL ex-employee testimony:

testimony that BFL wants to strike from the records:

:allears:

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Proteus4994 posted:

nicsho might not have been good enough for buttcoinfoundation.org, but he's definitely above average for a Gawker writer, so don't give up nic!

hes not that bad, he just needs a good editor. sadly, there are no editors whatsoever in digital journalism.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
BFL ex-employee reminiscing about the past in the bitcointalk thread. the same guy who made a testimony in the FTC case, i think

quote:

It was due to the two hispanic employees that were in production Omar and Jannette.. Turns out they were running production like a sweatshop.. They hired all their friends and family, of course hispanic.. it made for some awesome lunch food tho -- they liked to share.. But Jannette was lying to employees, threatening them, confiscating cell phones... So Omar and Janette told them all in spanish they'd all been fired and tried to get the entire production staff to walk out -- they almost did.

After that they moved to temp services paying the largely black and mexican crew they hired, minimum wage, to put the stuff together. Oddly enough the shipping bay was mostly white, overworked, and largely under appreciated.

quote:

(asked about the NDA)

mainly covered technical stuff that i don't understand, but could have pulled up if i had been so inclined and spoke to the right people, like the delayed pcb schematics for the 65 nm devices, or like talking about monarch development in a thread like this. there were some other items, but unfortunately, BFL didn't provide us with a copy, which they should have done. i've actually been meaning to contact the receiver to have a copy mailed to me.

anytime you sign anykind of agreement, you're supposed to also be issued a copy. BFL was bad about compliance in this area. i'd say it would be easy to get a copy now, but before (when i wasn't actually all that interested), i'm sure it would have been like pulling teeth, with a bunch of questions to boot as to why i wanted one.

the items covered would applied more to the IT group and those in manufacturing.. Hell, who knows, I may have broken a clause I've forgotten about by now, but am not super concerned. I think they have other problems to worry about. ;)

quote:

(asked about deliberate failure of EU compliance)

[...] the shipping department, and Jody, were under the impression that our shipping consultants would be correct about export measures to the EU [...]

I did a short search and found the EU SAD, which clearly states what must be on the outside of the box and which documentation should be on the inside. this issues wasn't delaying shipping per se, but rather causing customers to have their items confiscated by customs and held. In the case of Germany, this meant 1) the product would simply be sent back (sometimes they took issue with the unlikely authenticity of the CE sticker, too), or 2) it meant that the product would be sent to their equivalent of the the Federal Communications Commission, which would have put the device through such grueling tests that it would have been destroyed.

You are correct that it DID provide BFL with a scapegoat, at least for a short time. As I tried to explain the issue over time, a ton of stupid poo poo was said, and I don't think I feel like writing another book this evening. After a couple months, however, EU customers were wise to the fact that the error was on the side of BFL. This neglect of actually using proper procedure also led to some customers being charged VAT on RMAs, which in some cases, mainly in Scandinavia meant they would have had to pay a poo poo ton of loot.

At any rate the stalling happened well before this process.

[...]

The EU issue was really one of willful ignorance. The mentality was that if the consultants said it should work, then it must be the countries of destination giving BFL a hard time (in support of your first hypothetical). much later, after it was no longer an issue, they discovered that me and the other employee had be right all along, and that the consulting firm had made errors, which they disclosed. BFL also had neglected to follow certain export procedures during that whole time.

[...] In summation, the smoking gun is the delays due to burn-in and giving institutional buyers preference in the so-called queue. I don't think I need to prove my credentials as a critic of their business practices, so I'll end by saying that I do think that they honestly expected the EU exports to make it through customs with no problems. [...]

Since the changes that needed to be made were time-consuming, and weren't pre-loaded in the software, after speaking with and being reassured by the consulting firm that everything was kosher, I was simply treated like an idiot, and since I was part of customer service anyhow, i was reminded by my supervisor, as well as a rather nosy employee, that my duties didn't cover exports. with that said, after being told to back off, i always found it amusing when someone would bring a box to me and i'd translate the citations, pointing out that they were the same as before, and that regardless of what the consultant said, the problem still persisted.

after 2-3 months of this, as November drew near, they were able to take another approach to get certain customs agencies in countries like Germany to back off a little, though not before the region of Mittel-Franken (Central Franconia in Bavaria) sent a notice that they would block BFL imports, also providing a list of remedies that would have actually been rather easy to undertake for a normal company. I doubt that document made it beyond the desk of the person who had me translate it for them.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

e: this is awesome

quote:

Are you legit?

Pump groups don’t have the best image in the crypto currency scene. This is mainly because in the early days of altcoin pump and dump(01 – 03/2014 for example), many scammers have been around. They “prebought” tons of coins before the main event, just to unload their coins on the group members and dump in their buy orders. This obviously caused big losses for the pump group, and only the pump organisators were able to profit from this. They mainly scammed their own followers.

Seeing this we decided to revolutionize the twitter pump & dump scene. We tried different approaches. In our first pumps, the community could vote for the coin to pump. It’s a nice way to determine coin to pump, and many followers reported, that they like the system.

Another method to ensure a fair coin selection process is to let the coin being chosen by publisc randomization. We established a new system call Proof Of Fair Pump.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
holy gently caress :catstare:

quote:

In particular, Defendants’ counsel made the
following threats of potential litigation against Temporary Receiver:

- With respect to the court-ordered transfer, Counsel for BFL states that
“Defendants certainly reserve all rights, claims, causes of action, etc. against
both the FTC and the Receiver in connection with any loss or damage resulting
from this transfer.” (Ex. 1-11 (Email chain dated 10/24/2014) (emphasis added)).

- Regarding the sale of company assets, counsel for BFL stated: “We object. We
will object to your motion. You secured this asset which was located at Mr.
Zerlan’s house without full disclosure. He is the registered owner of the gun. If
you sell it, you will have to contend with that and whatever issues it
raises. Your client did not want any guns at the premises and as I understood it
said he would feel better if we turned this gun over. You are a temporary
receiver, not the owner of the business. Being “directed and authorized” to
exercise your discretion (“advisable or necessary”) doesn’t insulate you from
liability or accountability for your actions. Please advise in writing the basis
for your decision to exercise your discretion and sell this firearm during an
interim period.” (Ex. 1-11 (Email chain dated 10/24/2014) (emphasis added)).

- Counsel for BFL states to FTC (copying Temporary Receiver) that “the Court has
only appointed him receiver based on our stipulation to it in the interim order.
You won’t be so lucky next time.” (Ex. 1-11 (Email chain dated 10/24/2014).

- In response to Temporary Receiver’s decision to preclude use of company
resources for attendance at a trade show, counsel for BFL states that “Butterfly
Labs objects, and notes the ongoing prejudice and obstacles in repairing its
name and reputation.” (Ex. 1-11 (Email chain dated 10/17/2014) (emphasis
added)).

As a result of emails like those above, Temporary Receiver anticipates, then and now,
having to defend himself against BFL in a future action. (Ex. 1, ¶ 45). Consequently, Temporary
Receiver required consultation with his attorneys and other professionals to defend his position
and decisions in anticipation of litigation with BFL in the future. (Ex. 1, ¶ 45).

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
dont worry guys, now we get to see a smug josh/inaba calling everybody on the bitcointalk thread a cocksucker

Inaba posted:

Re: BFL hosed us over again
Today at 10:16:58 PM
Looks like justice has won out and the truth and facts have been proven.

I guess that makes Gleb, Puerto and the rest of the clown crew even dumber than Pakleds, huh? This is why I call you people idiots. You don't understand anything you read or what's been said to you. You just have blinders on and if anything disagrees with your misguided, twisted world view, you shout it down and troll until it goes away.

Sorry, but reality and facts have won out over your rhetoric and bullshit. Every single piece of bullshit you idiots have slung forth has been annihilated by the court. It is a good day.

PS - Thanks to all of your lies and false information the FTC (presumably) relied upon, this is the first time the FTC has ever lost an injunction. This will set a nice tone for future FTC challenges and provides some decent case law. Word through the grapevine is that Helen Wong has acquired a new letter to her name, an "R," around her office in Washington DC. I wonder if they say that to her face. Someone needs to.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

Bounty of One Bitcoin for the Most Accurate, Fair & Comprehensive Info about GAW (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago * by bruce_fenton

I posted earlier and agree with Erik V that a conference boycott is ineffective based on a speaker. This was incorrectly taken by some to be a defense of GAW. I have no interest in GAW or knowledge about the case. I don't believe I ever mentioned it until today.

So what is effective?

The best thing I can think of is to offer a bounty for the most comprehensive information about GAW so we both avoid a witch hunt and also provide good, solid data to the community and public at large.

This is an opportunity for people who believe it is a scam to post evidence.

I'll award a minimum of $100 worth of Bitcoin and up to one full Bitcoin for the best info about GAW and Garza. This will most likely be in small rewards. If for some reason there are not sufficient quality sources the $100 will be donated to charity.

If someone wants to lead this and set up a GitHub, great provided they can do so in a fair way with minimal chance of corruption.

Awards of Bitcoin will be made by ChangeTip when possible or by Bitcoin addresses directly when not.

[...]

EDiT 2: 1) we have lots of similar links -- what is NEEDED THE MOST RIGHT NOW IS solid and organized consolidation of the materials....so a Github or Wiki or something....2) I'm also going to be away from the computer Saturday so won't be reviewing this thread much....this also gives people a chance to make better and more clear, consolidated replies

"In the Bitcoin Justice System the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups. The Redditors Who Create Wikis and Captains of Industry Who Send Tips. These are their stories." :doink:

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
looks like bitstamp stopped trading 30 minutes ago. itshappening.gif

lol

Magrov fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 5, 2015

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
excelent new article in the buttcoin foundation site. i havent read it yet, but nicsho is not the author, and that is good for buttcoin.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

[–]lavaenema 2 points 2 hours ago
What would you do? [if you were the hacker]

quote:

[–]chris45215 1 point 48 minutes ago
Contact Bitstamp ASAP to ensure the hitmen are called off.

Then, arrange to send the BTC back once a secure and usable wallet can be confirmed ($5 million is too much to just say "sure, just email me an address and I'll send it").

Also, with this much Btc, any white hat (good hacker) would put themselves at risk if they announced that they did it. They may never announce it, even after sending it back.

There may also be negotiations for providing a tip for the white hat. This amount is more than enough to retire on, and more than any standard tip amount, so accountants and lawyers may need to be involved to handle legal issues, as in many jurisdictions it is illegal to pay a hacker, even if it's technically a 'tip'.

However, if it was a white hat, Bitstamp would not have announced it like this, and probably would be able to patch the error faster. Maybe the hacker will contact them to make a deal to avoid being persued legally, but still keep a portion of the Btc. Most thieves dont think like that, but then again most thieves can't steal BTC.

got hacked and someone stole your internet money? hire a hitman, and don't forget to tip the thief.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

FCKGW posted:

Remote access to your machine even when computer is turned off (but plugged to power & network socket).

basic bitcoin security guide step 37: "seal the power & network sockets of your motherboard with epoxy"

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting CoinTerra.

Our legal department has provided the following:

“The company has defaulted on its secured notes. The Note Holders have senior, secured and, we believe, perfected liens on all of CoinTerra's assets, including servers. We have proposed a plan to the Note Holders. However, at this point we do not know how they are going to react to our proposal. The Note Holders are evaluating their options. Until this is resolved, CoinTerra will be unable to make further payments.”

What this means is that we cannot issue any payments to customers at this time. Rest assured we will let you know if this situation changes or if there are any relevant new developments but, for now, we have no further information.

Best regards,

Laura CoinTerra Support Team

i'm shocked.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

unpacked robinhood posted:

quote:
soumis an hour ago par devraps
I feel like an asshat.

Sucks to put 25k into BTC when it was 1100, should waited and bought now. Here's to holding forever.

[–]dimensione520 4 points an hour ago
Maybe you can put in another 25K... then your buy price will be the average of $1100 and $250 = $675...

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Ripoff posted:

didn't he pay something like $30k as well? who the gently caress is dumb enough to blow 30-loving-large on a tax bill of a country you have no claim in? of course they won't let you in, Roger you dipshit, you're a tax evading criminal

30k lol

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

[–]conchoso -2 points an hour ago

Hey Erik, before you pump out another one of these 2,600 word diatribes calling out someone for accusing bitcoin of being a scam, why don't you stop by your thread on bitcointalk and address your former FeedZeBirds shareholders, where you raised 2,452 BTC (illegally), did essentially nothing, promised a (partial) refund, and then disappeared:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82866.msg1741669#msg1741669

While it's great that someone wants to stand up and defend bitcoin from these kind of attacks, when the person doing the defending himself is accused of scamming it just makes you and the rest of us look dumb.

quote:

[–]evoorhees [S] 6 points 52 minutes ago

The money raised for FeedZeBirds totaled about $15,000 (and yes, it was converted to USD back then because there were costs to build, run, and market the site). The business failed, and GLBSE fell apart, so there was no way to know who the shareholders were. SEC commandeered $15,000 from me... I would've preferred to give that $15k back to the shareholders of FZB (if they could be found, which they can't), but the SEC didn't give me that option, and while I was struggling with the SEC I was advised not to discuss anything publicly, thus the lack of updates, which I apologize for. If anyone would like to start a campaign to get the money back from the SEC, I'd love to signup. Edit: feel free to read the SEC settlement as well:

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/2014/33-9592.pdf

i'd tottally give back the money i scammed from investors, but the evil government commandeered it.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

[–]Cocosoft 3 points 2 hours ago

Working link https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/555725031603331072[1]

quote:

[–]andreasma 18 points 2 hours ago

I got it backwards, I meant EUR/CHF not CHF/EUR. D'Oh. I re-tweeted it to correct.

quote:

[–]runeks [-1] 2 points an hour ago*

The profitable investment is CHF (Swiss Francs). EUR/CHF and CHF/EUR are not assets, they are currency pairs (markets). The EUR/CHF market, for example, is CHF bidding on EUR.

CHF has risen (a lot relative to EUR, but also relative to USD)
EUR has fallen (a lot relative to CHF, but also relative to USD)
USD has fallen relative to CHF, but has risen relative to EUR

quote:

[–]goalkeeperr -7 points 1 hour ago

this is Andreas we are talking about, incompetent all the way

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

an early famous bitcointalk poster called atlas wanted to audit the bitcoin source code because bitcoin was open source

atlas did not know anything about coding

atlas started at main

atlas said 'the first thing we see is #include somefile'

atlas then asked what #include meant and whether it was dangerous

people mocked him and then he deleted most of his replies in the thread

so i guess you truly 'had to be there' to get it

was atlas a sovereign citizen?

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
mastermind.php

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

she could sell the journal and live a life of luxury off the royalties alone.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

Also Iapetus sucks!
nope. thats mike hearn.

quote:

Hearn's report states:

"To prove to me the size of the company's deposits, I was given direct MySQL access to their master database. We ran a SQL SELECT SUM(btc_balance) query on the user_profiles table to determine the total outstanding balances.

Earlier I had reviewed some of the site code to verify that indeed this table was being updated when deposits and withdrawals took place."

• Locked thread