Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

you caused the decline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I want the windows 95 startup jingle as my text message notification.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
as long as silk road x replaces the latest seized version, and you can tip almost fractions of real money to strangers of the internet, bitcoin will never die.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

FCKGW posted:

quote:
Children were herded toward a "Kids Room" with "blockchain-inspired activities,"

This makes me legitimately sad, as the case whenever kids are forcefully proselytized into cults.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Sonic, Bittcoins, and trains.

The autism trifecta?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

uranus posted:

childcoin would be used to prove ownership of the child. i think you can guess where coiners would take that one

it would probably spell doom for coloured coins

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
dead cooks just means free meat for burgers.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Powershift posted:

I want that to be true so god drat bad.

No! He's the hero bitcoiners deserve. I want him to be the only successful bitcoiner, not stuck in prison.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Today's a good day. :unsmith:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

quote:

wakemeatthemoon Member

He is ten years younger than me...
We have been friends since he was a little 12 year old...

The 22 year old with a 12 year old friend. :pedo:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

AlbieQuirky posted:

nobody's born libertarian

Everybody is born libertarian.

Babies don't understand how anything works.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
It's DPRossUlbricht telling people not to keep chat logs. It's funny because his own chat logs are what leads to his conviction.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Has moneypak ever been used for something legit? It sounds like a prepaid mastercard, but you can buy drugs and poo poo online with it because it's maybe slightly more anonymous. The first time I heard of it was with an early cryptolocker, because it would only accept payment through that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Exinos posted:

Is there somewhere we can donate to save cildren from bitcoiners?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1606694156/hansen-vs-predator

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
scammer customer tags

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
is someone like ross even rehabilitable? I see a case when someone's born into a lifestyle with a lovely education, constant descrimination, and a violent environment.

Ross had a good education, with every advantage in a presumably healthy upbringing. I think with a humane prison system, he'd get right back out and try to do something else stupid. it's not like he shouldn't have known what he was doing was wrong, or would have consequences. he chose without any necessity to subscribe to a broken political philosophy doing something he was smart enough to know was harmful and illegal.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

As a Millennial I posted:

so you're literally advocating for an "inhumane prison system"

i'm literally not. there's a large gap between rehabilitable and releasable and dirty murderhobo torture cave prison system.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is there a summary of paycoin? My limited understanding is they were supposed to have a minimum value that was backed by something, the guy embelzzed/scammed/lost everything, and then the entire community became sycophants for him while he kept blaming them/others?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Zero years. Just as the judge is about to give the sentence, Antononpop is going to smash the door open with his hammer. A robotic mechsuit tele-piloted by Ver is going to charge to the front. Realizing their fiat money is worthless, praise be to Satoshi, everyone in the courtroom will surrender to the bitcoin justice league. Ross will quietly don his drug kingpin costume and casually stroll out of the room.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

kierrie posted:

wish the judge would hurry up

Maybe the number is just really big and takes a long time to say.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

haveblue posted:

I thought Snow Crash was awesome and totally badass when I was 14

I read it a couple years ago and it still is. I'm in my 30's.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I think the laughchain rewards must've been halved. I'm not getting nearly the comedy I was expecting.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
e: buttcoins

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 30, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

trucutru posted:

Yes, by 2045 he may have learned how to pretend to be sorry.

/prison/frosty/myrehab.txt might break the ruse though

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

text editor posted:

how would you heartless fucks feel if your mother had to sell one of her homes to pay for your trial

i'd feel like a terrible person and awful son

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Buttcoin purse posted:

Stuck in infinite trolling loop, send help.

Not a loop. Laugh chain keeps creating the same laugh because of bad random generator.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
the O is actually a 0

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Karpeles is great.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

unpacked robinhood posted:

What was his plan anyway, leave the us because durr taxes, buy st kitts passport, stir some poo poo selling passports for bitcoins, get revoked retroactively, get hosed ?

You're thinking far too many steps ahead to get into the mind of a bitcoiner.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How many posts are about the age of consent this time? Or have they already just agreed on 0?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
If he appeals can the court just go lolno and throw him away for ever still, or does it have to go through some court process wasting tons of money either way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I wanted to have my computer beep at me for a while so I went back to https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions. It jumped from ~400 to 1200 1300 1400 to the moon, in a matter of minutes.

Are they doing more stress tests or is it just that buttcoin's terrible?

e: went back to edit after it hit 1300, passed 1400 in that time.

• Locked thread