Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

fuctifino posted:

photos from the satoshi round table (happening now!) are being tweeted

https://twitter.com/JuanLlanos

fuctifino posted:

definitely not a cult

truely a meeting of ultra-rich elites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?

summary of that very long story:

clever gambling site owner simply takes your money on larger bets, unless if you go to the trouble to click a hidden button and prove that the bet is going to be random

a gambler loses 200 BTC before he figures this out, then cracks the code, wins back 60 BTC, and the site owner simply seizes his money and shuts down his account

edit: also, the site owner is being very careful to stay anonymous

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

top of spendbt.com right now

:911:

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

bitcoin was worth $0.10 when this thread first started, but if i had bought $10 worth of it i would have sold at $1.00

only true blue ancaps held the bag all the way up from $0.10 to $1200 and, presumably, back down

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

this was posted on reddit: http://bitcoin-dice-guide.com/dice-investment-comparison/

guy tries to invest in house fund of bitcoin gambling sites, but 3 out of 8 have already gone full scam in the course of 4 months and took his money

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

NZAmoeba posted:

the article calls him a foremost cryptographer and compares him to turing

legit mad about that

this is why i stopped reading the article, it appears to be entirely inside baseball poo poo with no hint at all that these are a bunch of insane people creating altcoins no one will use

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Stephen posted:

My coworker goes on about these books and made them sound quite interesting, but he's also a bitcoiner, so I'm pretty torn. Are they pretty much bitcoin fantasy novels or something?

snow crash: legitimately entertaining, if implausible, libertopia book with Second Life stuff thrown in

diamond age: even more entertaining and implausible utopia about voluntary traditionalist nations rising out of libertopia. also, nanotech

baroque cycle: incredibly cringey steampunk written in autistic imitation of victorian prose

i didnt like cryptonomicon and anathem much so wont review them

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

(In an actually funny bit early on, a character gets his day in court, is asked what group he's part of, and when he says he doesn't have one the judge basically laughs in his face and goes "wow, sucks to be you, enjoy your no rights whatsoever")

lol that part was great

people will remember this stuff in 50 years the way we remember Heinlein

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

In seems that Bitcoin or rather cryptocurrency is beginning to have an effect in Palestine: https://twitter.com/PlcCoin and https://www.facebook.com/MITBitcoinClub

lol i really hope this becomes official

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

OSI bean dip posted:

this has since been removed

original text:

wowwwwwww

some buttcoiner promised to donate 5 BTC if he posted a pic of his family, but doxxed him instead

edit: although considering how he was happily shilling for pennies a few days ago, it was probably a fake pic + scam http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2v5uop/social_network_that_pays_users_for_their_social/

Nagato fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 11, 2015

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

I wanted to make a good action. And always are the bastards who treat you rear end in a top hat.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

im the load bearing open drawer

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Some higher-value digits may require installing a font.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tonal_Bitcoin

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

killhamster posted:

only one person ever uses/used tonal bitcoin and he is an insane antivaxer who unironically wishes for the return of absolute monarchy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Luke-Jr

married, linux user, hardcore roman catholic monarchist, NRA member, self-proclaimed philosopher

this guy is my friend already

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

fuctifino posted:

that talk about the other bruce (wagner) yesterday made me watch a few vids of him for old times sakes

his studio complex that he had for those few months he was pumping the scam was way over the top

he did a tour video that only has 221 views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YharmhPPbHE

e: holy lol... his website redirects to his forum http://bw.gl/forum/

[tumbleweed.gif]

The Sexbot Revolution

#58 by brucewagner Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:52 am
Amazing video...

SEXBOTS AND DIGITAL SURROGATES (DIRROGATES)

from http://www.seriouswonder.com/sexbots-et ... anshumans/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7TTubkvGu8[/youtube]

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

was somehow hoping it would be this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnzCzV9Dnvs

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Heresiarch posted:

the internet of things you can put your dick in

http://www.clickhole.com/video/look...source=facebook

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

Countdown to the first bitcoin dick-locker. "You sexbot has been taken over, you have 24 hours to transfer 10 bitcoins before your dick gets permanently mangled".
doing the walk of shame to the bitcoin ATM with a hijacked robot pussy gripped tightly around your dick

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

mods pls

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

AlbieQuirky posted:

this is just to say

I have stolen
the butts
that were on
your laptop

and which
you were probably
saving
for a tesla

forgive me
they were two hundred thirty dollars
so sweet
and so sold

:golfclap:

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Like a Wikipedia article, our cars are designed and built by teams of collaborative volunteer teams distributed around the world.

what coudl go wrong

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

If somebody finds my jabberwocky please repost I'm quite proud of it

quote:

'Twas Bitcoin, and the mining rigs
Did heat and hash the coins to save
All fiat was the government
And every man its slave.

"Beware the Fed Reserve, my son!
The laws of might! The guns that flash!
Beware the IRS, and shun
All those who worship cash!"

He took his graphics card in hand:
Long time the function solve he sought --
So rested he on Bitcoinity
And stared awhile in shock.

And, as in euphoric thought he stood,
The IRS, with coins now named
As property, they came for him
Even tho they had no claim.

One, two! One, two! And through and through
His graphics card a code had cracked!
"End the fed, like Ron Paul said -
I'll never pay this tax!"

"And, has thou mined a BTC?
We shall succeed where banksters fail!
O halving day! Let's use Bitpay!"
And then they went to jail.

'Twas Bitcoin, and the mining rigs
Did heat and hash the coins to save
All fiat was the government
And every man its slave.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

prefect posted:

holy poo poo

28 square feet

#unfinished basement #are you serious? #rustic #too dark for photos #no windows #bed stuy do or die #ghostbusters #craigslist #brooklyn #depressing #darkness #submission

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Rick Ross Ulbricht posted:

im seeing this on reuters but nothing anywhere else. but if true this means laffs for the bitcoin price in the future. hoping this isn't a reuters fuckup re-reporting on last year's auction

confirmed and complete with illustration

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katevin...richts-bitcoin/

who profits from bitcoin? USG

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

this weev guy sounds pretty poo poo and I wish he was still in prison

isnt he living in lebanon now or something

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

i know we look at our email a lot but does anyone really check their email every 10 minutes of every day of the year

edit: oh, it's for when YOU send an email to an unknown person. im dumb

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

TOKYO—Japanese e-commerce giant Rakuten Inc. has started accepting bitcoin for purchases in the U.S., adding momentum to the rapid growth of cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.

i was going to write a lot of words about how all japanese housewives buy things from rakuten and they use the money to make terrible business decisions, but i guess this kind of stands on its own

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

am i right to guess that they dont take it directly?

seriously why wont someone audit bitpay

close, bitnet http://www.rakuten.com/help/content/1285

bitnet doesnt even allow chargebacks so i guess this is actually a winning decision

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

TVarmy posted:

lol if u haven't disrupted ur pants wiht this poo poo.

a guy at my grad school rocked 1 of these, said it made his nuts anti-fragile

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

we have gone [ ][ ][0] days without a bitcoin exchange robbery

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

someone make buttcoin versions all of the animes

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/02/meet-bitcoin-chan

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

gently caress YOU! You're bad for Bitcoin and I hope you OD.

:drat:

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

what the gently caress motivates people like this to do this? he lives in a nice city, makes six figures at a job he probably loves and probably has the resources to get help without him going bankrupt

I could understand doing this poo poo if your scraping by and have no other options in a lovely town that doesn't care but this guy?

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

yeah yeah I thought Walter white but he was making poo poo income in a poo poo town with close to no options

it made sense

yeah because its a fictional story...

thats like watching macbeth and going "hmm makes sense because there really was a plot on his life, but most powerful ppl are just paranoid and crazy"

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Tipps posted:

i'm the guy with 1.5mil to burn whose only other post on reddit is in a praisepost in an "idiots guide to nootropics" thread, which is apparently some weird homeopathic "cognitive enhancer" MLM poo poo.

Coffee: I used to take this religiously. Made me happy, motivated, warm, made everything better. Took up to half a gram (5 cups or so) a day for over a year. Now, when I take it I feel strange, depressed, disassociated, and other unpleasant things. Despite a 3 month tolerance break, the magic has not returned. It is possible that my caffeine powder is contaminated, and I am considering buying fresh stuff and seeing if it works better. If it turns out that my bad results from this chemical are the result of contamination, rather than the natural result of abusing coffee in unhealthy quantities for years on end, I will let you guys know.

edit: kind of interesting subreddit actually. its basic message is that you should drink multiple cups of green tea to help you focus, and there are a lot of other minor drugs you can take but they are often dangerous

Nagato fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 23, 2015

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

Funny thing is that the ~1k of code was more secure and fair than it seems like any of the bitcoin exchanges/dice are, and even more transparent since it gave anyone a full list of the payout ranges/odds. poo poo, you don't need to scam anyone at all if you're running a skinner box and just taking the honest cut

this thread focuses on the shittiest uses of bitcoin, but there are hundreds of well-coded gambling sites out there

like satoshidice, whose original owner earned a lot of money skimming then sold to another company for even more

gambling is lovely but for other reasons as you said, and a lot of people do treat it as entertainment (like myself)

edit: oh the satoshidice guy is nuts and was fine $50k by the SEC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Voorhees

...he still made a few million though

Nagato fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 25, 2015

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

bitcoin: purestrain truth

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

where we're going... we dont need roads to breathe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

if you feel bad for considering this entertainment, take solace in the fact that reddit is laughing at him

quote:

You're going to have to join ISIS because you messed up on Evo?

This is the best/worst unintended consequence of the war on drugs ever.

• Locked thread