Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Mulatto Butts posted:

turns out if you look at butts long enough you start to like them

the goons outside looked from butt to bit, and from bit to butt, and from butt to bit again; but already it was impossible to say which was which

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

um, does the first ammendment, free speech mean anything to you? the government isn't allowed to tell me what not to talk about. :rolleyes:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Robawesome posted:

click that news article

bit coin dot jpg

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Greyhawk posted:

changetip has started banning people who 1 satoshi spam everone

it's like they hate free money

hold on buddy, i've been informed by reputable sources that even the smallest tips are valuable and add up. what're these regulations on how much i have to tip doing in my libertaritopia.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

vOv posted:

gently caress you for posting that in here

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

so why is the airforce the one spreading fud about bitcoins

quote:

But as much as their charter is to search for and identify violent opposition; we won't be giving them the pleasure... A proper response is to DOX these assholes and put their department out of business through decentralizing their entire industry. Yes, even the USAF is not beyond the threat of decentralization. Nothing mankind makes is.

yes hello public forum, i am going to be acquiring and spreading private information of current usaf service members. then i am going to set up a decentralised mercenary air force. solid snake is my hero.

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 11, 2014

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

It would be interesting if we could have had someone set up a booth in the quad, dressed as the devil - with a sign saying something to the effect of, "sell your bitcoins here".

With each purchase, perhaps have a devilish laugh played, followed by - "you'll regret this later..."

Hell, make it so that the first X are paid 100 bucks (1:1), with the next Y paid some amount lesser, and so on - perhaps with an ever increase in the volume of the laughter.

Record this "experiment" and show it for bitcoin on the intertubes (so as to keep this project funded and able to continue at other campuses/years...)

If nothing else, it may make some really think about what they are doing with their bitcoin - if not this go around, then for the next batch of students (and I'm sure others will give out btc in the future.)

So, do you think that something like this would have made those selling, pause for a moment?

is this redditor human

when do you think was the last time this person interacted with a human being

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

your self-driving robot car beeps and boops and forces you to let them pass

also loads of drm so you can't hack it to not do that

it's about personal responsibility, see

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

um, where are the thousands of wires connecting each different part? :confused:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

worst thing is that this is more believable than the original

:stonk:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Crust First posted:

i'm basically nobody, but i want to let you know i think you're one of the coolest people around here, and i wish you happy holidays and all the best in the new year.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

texas hodl em

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

YOSPOS › bitcoin: I'm still crying but at least i'm not barfing anymore.

thank

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

low: 152.4 :pcgaming:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i can see the future

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

Although the agent had not yet testified as to his involvement in Silk Road 2.0 (nor is it clear whether he will), a moderator named “cirrus” was recruited to help run Silk Road 2.0 (as were the old Silk Road moderators “samesamebutdifferent,” “inigo,” and “Libertas”). This “cirrus” was the last of the Silk Road 2.0 moderators left standing after a rash of arrests in December 2013. Vice Motherboard speculated last December that “cirrus” was the mole that brought down Silk Road 2.0.

:allears: god this will never stop amusing me

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

trucutru posted:

Seriously, just put a scammer tag on every single service in existence and move on. THe free market will sort things out.

what if you fraudulently tagged someone as a scammer? a scam tag scam if you will?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

text editor posted:

at this point i kinda do too

if you don't support mark, you don't support the laffs

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

i kinda like the idea that ulbricht put on some cheeseball fake accent on the phone and it somehow sounded like ol' mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEyMmolRguE

i love all the angry comments on anything related to karpeles whatsoever :allears:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

why does he get to ask for two million bucks? even under the Law of The Freeman of the Sealand, buttressed about by flags with the most golden of fringes, you can't just demand someone give you their property

or perhaps you can. hosed up if true

you absolutely can. for example, when you get pulled over by the police, inform them that by pulling you over they agreed to enter a contract in which they have to give you ten million dollars. they're powerless to resist and now you're rich. :c00l:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

creationist believer posted:

mark was always happy to help a fellow French citizen. "heres my address" he typed. "once the transaction confirms, I'll wire the 2000€ and you'll be in French Guiana in no time"

:stonk:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

Can I pay in Bitcoins

someone already confirmed that joke on the twitterchain, sorry

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Powershift posted:

no. NO. NO NO NO.

too much, no.

there is always more, and it is always better

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i'm late but

text editor posted:

guess who is buying up transcripts and posting them to reddit?

:vince:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

[–]SatoshisGhost 1 point 48 minutes ago

Lately I've been checking out Bitcointalk again. Maybe I'll do that some more since reddit doesn't seem to embrace the future very well.

:twisted:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

fart simpson posted:

whats up with political cartoon caricatures? that obama barely looks like a human

the pulitzer prize committee disagrees with you

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i'm a dumb idiot and can't figure out how to unlock the first door on the moon base even with the hints :smith:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

whoa i wasn't expecting spec ops: the bitcoin at the end there.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

how did all of garza's personal stuff even get leaked? was he running a bittorrent client with karpeles on the other end?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Boxturret posted:

i just love that

i thought you only loved how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

FMguru posted:

In a just world, she'd be hanging from a light post.

in a just world she would have been killed extrajudicially

• Locked thread