Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

FCKGW posted:

This is the Bitcoin thread. Please don't post Harry Potter Fan Fic, Brazillian Babes, Galtse or goats behind doors. Thank.

does this mean we're free to discuss the merits of the metric system?
because i have many opinions on the subject

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
laff

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Robawesome posted:

I had one seller who began to meet me regularly, act like an ordinary John on until we got to the room, and then just educate me for the hour about bitcoin.

i'd rather just get hosed than have to listen to a bitcoiner for an hour

also laff at the new buttcoin guy
like what the gently caress does he think the korean consulate is going to do?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
http://youtu.be/UdbOaVdIUTM

surprisingly competent aside from the singing

e: they're asking people to donate to this

look at that loving logo

also this is from their 2 page website

quote:

We are a registered non profit agency and 100% of the funding we raise goes directly to people in need. We have no overheads and we are strong supporters of Cryptocurrencies.

Antlerhill fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 31, 2014

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
yes the donations

e:

Antlerhill fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 1, 2014

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

now it's just a cold numbness
rotor new thread title please

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
so much happening all of a sudden my body can't handle it

money can't be gas or radioactive
some top tier knowledge being dropped on these bankster fools

e: also i'm the butt in the top right corner that's pooping the future

Antlerhill fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 4, 2014

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

DNova posted:

He got called out

i don't see what the problem is
if she hodls those 12 cents in spergobux, she'll have enough money to clone him when bits go to the moon

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

also yeah in what way could this possibly involve the blockchain, what the hell does that even mean

why would they build their own consumer base of gullible nerds when they can just co-opt one that already exists

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Dren posted:

[–]akahotcheetos admin[S] 7 points 2 hours ago

More details next year, but we expect that there will be payout to holders of reddit notes in the future in the form of TBD (but could be cash/bitcoin/etc)

[–]akahotcheetos admin[S] 8 points 2 hours ago

Answers:

Are Notes equity in Reddit, or a portion of the raised funds? Not equity, something new and different that's never been done before. We're hopeful that it will have some to be determined relationship with a portion of raised funds.
Will there be an exchange that allows buying / selling of Notes into fiat currency? We expect there to be one.
How do you see the price / value of Notes being determined? Is it tied to the value of Reddit? TBD - but that's our goal.

they basically want to issue shares but without calling them shares
they also want to payout dividends but they don't want them to be called dividends

i really hope they actually continue with this stupid idea, the results could sustain the laff economy for years

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

ayn rand hand job posted:

"Well... gently caress!!! I guess I need to finally learn about this poo poo, already! drat you!....Thanks, btw..." and that was exactly, preCISEly, the response for which I was hoping.

i don't think he understood their sarcastic tone

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
nice try but i'm not clicking on any link that has to do with bitcoins and brazil

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Kirk posted:

i have like 72 bitcoins from back when they were a couple cents

how do i turn this garbage into actual real money

get mugged in a home depot parking lot

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
i thought the cost was $12000 a day?
iirc it was about $500000 monthly cost

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Powershift posted:

That $12,000 a day was 1 miner, with less than 0.3% of the network.

ok that makes sense, i thought you were talking about the cost for each individual mining company

also http://youtu.be/TMkb8E5JDZM

as a bitcoin maximalist i

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
that's pretty shameful
a jury that hasn't watched the princess bride should be grounds for a mistrial imo

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Condiv posted:

dpr was too smart to get caught in a public library

*dpr can't figure out how to code an order system*

apparently one of the people on the witness list is an old roommate of his who's a programmer, Ross kept asking him for programming advice but wouldn't reveal what he was working on

Pumpy Dumper posted:

holy poo poo he was manually processing transactions

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Greyhawk posted:

U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff

from a few pages back but laff at this dude's name

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

oh my god the lyrics on this are amazing

"no one is perfect when there's new ground broken"
"he had a dream of harmony"

i'm dead

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

i've seen better adverts produced by middleschool av clubs

also i'm the 10 seconds of credits for 45 seconds of video

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

living off of my wife's salary

i guess females really are bad with money after all

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
how we can increase the value of bitcoin

-have infinite money
-hold all the bags

is anyone already doing this algorithm

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

anthonypants posted:

Friends, I did something very, very stupid.

thread title in an alternate universe where carl mark force iv doesn't exist

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
you haven't missed it, it's in mid may I think

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

FAUXTON posted:

You're right - also that's because Cato was a lil bitch and after a couple decades of being trolled by Caesar non-stop regarding things like JC sleeping with Cato's sister, receiving a love letter from said sister while in a Senate hearing, getting called out by Cato as being an agent of a conspiracy under investigation as evidenced by said love letter (provenance unknown to Cato at the time), and coolly letting Cato read - while on the Senate rostrum - about how his sister loved being hosed silly by Caesar, Cato was so drat ashamed that Caesar kept on winning that he shanked himself to death.

Yeah, he wouldn't have wanted to live with the shame of having been pardoned by Caesar after being such a longtime annoyance and erstwhile rival, but that simplifies how many times Cato tried and failed to knock Caesar down a peg, looking like a total shithead in the process. Cato is like the typical bitcoiner in attitude - wrapping himself in all the solemnity and gravitas of some fictional era of august freedom while constantly being laughed at by everyone outside his clique because everyone knows he's just some stubborn old fuckup who is addicted to huffing his own farts

mods please ban this julio-claudian shill

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
has anyone said crapistan yet?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

splifyphus posted:

these people are complete morons, and would have found a way to kill themselves via drugs regardless of acquisition method.

blaming drug dealers for irresponsible usage and addiction is some serious brainstem monkey logic. as long as you're shunting responsibility down the causal chain you may as well blame the governments who create the draconian laws that allow black markets to flourish, or the culture of fear, superstition, and propaganda that strangles any possibility of rational drug discussion or education, or a society that drills the quintessential values of profiteering and hedonism into its babies from day one (but drugs r bad mk!), or the evolutionary forces that shaped our fragile little chemical soup brains, or the hopeless economic conditions that make chemical escapes appear desirable, or God for starting this whole shitfest in the first place. they're all responsible too!

it's 2015. a few keystrokes can get you decades of research, trip reports, dosage information, ingestion methods, substance identification procedures - all the information you need to not die if you're determined to jam foreign compounds into your body. this isn't alchemy or magic, it's chemistry. anybody who's doing eyeball doses of an nbome (it's just cheap acid guys!) for the first time in a party situation without a sober trip sitter and zero research done deserves exactly what they get. it's darwin award decision making to be laughed at, not a catalyst for manufactured outrage and moral crusading.

ulbricht deserves what's coming, but he's not responsible for addicts and idiots who took advantage of his digital libertopia.

hahaha source you are quotes

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
also

splifyphus posted:

ulbricht deserves what's coming, but he's not responsible for addicts and idiots who took advantage of his digital libertopia.

there's such a thing as shared responsibility

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
ross all bricked in

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

fuckin 5

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose

why are so many of these in france?

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
this rice is terrible, did you fish it out of a dumpster or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
there's a john galt public school in my city and everytime I pass it i smile to myself about the irony

there's also a municipal park with the same name

• Locked thread