Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

drak cornfields of the earht, my dearest moths

im the food and drug adminstration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It was my birthday Saturday and my ex girlfriend asked me to go out to dinner and she'd pay and then we went out to dinner and when the check came she went to the bathroom for a really long time then when the check was still there I sighed as I drew my android bitcoin app and the restaurant owner thanked me for saving him the 21% fee CC companies charge him and I got a nice bj from the waitress while we waited for the transaction to clrea

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

i think someone already said pisscoin though

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

karples tweets are funny because he's posting pics of his cats and apparently anime and dozens of angry coiners flame him in response

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

i'm fuk.io

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

this is your brain, on bitcoin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

kwinkles posted:

is bitcoin still bitcoining?

it's hyperbitcoinizing soon, prepare you're buttes

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

from gibbis

Fleve posted:

Because I am obviously being paid to do so by my statist-shill-banking-consortium, I just went through the last 11 hours of changetip tips and threw em in an excel sheet.

Out of a total of 350 tips over roughly the last 11 hours, 109 or just a little above 30% are currently still unclaimed. All 350 tips together were worth a total of roughly $73 dollars, making the average tip size, rounded up, $0.21. The most commonly tipped amount was $0.033 or whatever the current equivalent of 100 bits is. The smallest amount tipped was $0.00000325 or 1 satoshi, or 3¼ millionth of a dollar, or 3¼ ten-thousandths of a cent.

On an hourly basis, the amount going through changetip ($6.64) is lower than minimum wage pay. But of course this is entirely normal because those wages assume that you will make up for it... with...tips...oh.

Fleve posted:

On average the unclaimed tips are actually slightly higher than the claimed tips, coming in at around $0.23 vs. $0.21. You'd expect most unclaimed tips to tend towards the lower end, as the amounts get increasingly trivial and not worth claiming, but there are actually a few $1 tips and even one $3.50 tip that are so far unclaimed. Perhaps because it's only the most recent 11 hours, and of course 350 tips with 109 unclaimed is an incredibly small pool of data to work with, but I suspect another reason as well.

Amongst Bitcoiners, any tip regardless of quantity is likely to be claimed. The disconnect between real money and Bitcoins seems greater, with people readily accepting 1-1000 satoshi's even though those are just fractions of cents. I guess if you keep cheering in your echo cave, 1000 something seems a lot, as long as you don't express it in dollars. This probably causes a lower average tip-value.

Non-Bitcoiners meanwhile are far more likely to not even bother accepting a tip. First, because they can't be arsed to find out whatever the hell a satoshi or a bit is. Second, as long as it's an insubstantial amount, why bother at all; accepting a tip of $1 or less is just way too much of a hassle, especially if you then can't actually cash it out or do anything with it, except tip others and join the tip-circle-jerk.

Fleve posted:

A quick look through changetip and the data seems to support that Bitcoin is far less accepted outside of Bitcoin-related subreddits, based on the last 100 or so entries, I'd say an acceptance rate of roughly 30% outside of Bitcoin, versus 70% total. But a lot of those seem to be from Bitcoin-attempts to disseminate Bitcoin by starting a tipping-crusade in other subreddits, a quite recent development of Bitcoiners in an attempt to lure non-druggies into their misery by handing out samples.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at Nov 3, 2014 around 21:23

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

||[[BLAKE user] _oF_ the.domain{BENTHALL} dot *INTERNET||

read the berth certificalte

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol holy poo poo

it was him

the guy that proved that bitcoin was totes a legit thing cos you could buy a car with it

there is always more and it is always better

there's a guy on reddit who bragged about buying a tesla with bitcoins approx. a month after the date in the screens but he posted 10 mins ago and the pic of the car was in a snowy hell, idk if texas gets much snow.

e: this guy

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

trucutru posted:

is only about 6 minutes long, so I don't need to get crazy technical.[...] transferring money to an address to show how fast transactions work. 

quote:

only about 6 minutes long

i see a problem here

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

The Management posted:

create a bot that tips very small amounts. then track the tips on the blockchain.

you cant to that because changetip doesn't actually move bitcoins around. its a decentralization thing

Pumpy Dumper posted:

$90/month for cell phone
$100 for internet

thats half my rent

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

i assumed the gigantic garbage recipes from post ww2 where a backlash from worrying over food supplies during the war

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Weatherman posted:

two things that piss me off, by weatherman (age 8)

- the media calling every scandal somethinggate
- evry nw strtup rmving the vwls frm ther nme

bitlr

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

I just went to my grandmas funeral and she's Mormon so they put her coffin within a giant gold coffin.

i hope a poor gets to dig the gold out honestly

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

pretty creepy that reddit refers to replies as "children"

i think i've seen a "hide children" option somewhere though

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

i'll be glad of it

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

20 says disruption is bad

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

quote:

Dear Btc Community,
My Friend and I run a small pool. We found a block a few days back and soon as it confirmed it was stolen from us.. We have been tracking the address for last couple days and now it is on the move.. I need your help in tracking down this address. I believe it is an exchange but hard to determine which. The attacks were coming from china. so first thing we did is contact the three majors exchanges there and also I have contacted coinbase to track the address. Here it is.. https://blockchain.info/address/1Hh...3uhFhjW5wnbsAAi[1] That is the address that stole the block.. Any help will be much appreciated.. Kind regards Doug d57heinz

visa is making GBS threads their pants right now

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

That's an orphaned block, those guys don't understand bitcoin

how do you check that ? i clicked the things on blockchain.info and farted a little and still don't see it

it's not in the orphan list either

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at Nov 12, 2014 around 16:23

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

I think trust-fund children run buttcoin. And I'm right. All upper class, white suburbanites with family ties to the financial industry.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

it would have been really funny if heresiarch said "buttcoin" to terry pratchet the famous person

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

hello im with bitcoin eterhum, you're computer is now processing the blockchain, no don't fight it

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at Nov 14, 2014 around 15:22

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

self driving cars are the dumbest loving theing and much like bitcoin introduce way more problems than the non issue it tries to solve

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Actually, if you could get all the vehicles on the road to be self operating and coordinate with each other we could have much higher speeds on highways and more efficient flow during high traffic volumes. This does require a centrally managed system with set standards and monitoring though, so the opposite of what is happening with Google

i was thinking about driverless vehicules mostly

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

e

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

theres just about nowhere that high speed rail is useful though.

normal 80 - 120 mph rail works just fine for commuter and intercity rail. and when you start going really long distances a 200 mph train still means you're going significantly slower than a plane so what's even the point. oh wow you can now do chicago to nyc by rail in 5 hours great why didn't you just fly for 2 hours, taking 30 minute commuter rail trains out and in to the airports

and when you add the time it takes to board a plane plus going somewhere that is actually a place as opposed to the 5 min it takes to get on a train that stops in the middle of the city

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Erenthal posted:

so thermos is paying 25 loving thou a month each to four programmers, said programmers have an almost complete lack of portfolios

i don't know poo poo about designing forums but this seemed funny

CommunistPancake posted:

Their forum is using LevelDB directly. I guess four developers at $300k a year don't get why database software exists and think that using a key-value on-disk store directly is a good idea for a large forum.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

the paper sign on the door is a corrected opening times schedule where its open 2hrs a day instead of 8 right ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

ho hi mark

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

please call her a poor and be generally condescending

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

til theflying* are 2 different posters :mindblown:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Greyhawk posted:

he actually turned up in gibbis and schooled them pretty good

thread's in the gold mine

that one time he posted a link on his business fb to an autotune rap where he drops sick burns on some specific sa posters ?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I went to paris this weekend and there was just some empty building with "la mansion du bitcoin" and a bunch of bitcoin logos all over it.

theres only one bitcoin mansion

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

Verdafolio posted:

i ran into a bitcoin store in Montreal

why is it always thailand

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

ayn rand hand job posted:

is that the one owned by the super node