Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

bring back Monty Hall

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It never gets old no matter how many times I see it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ripoff posted:

can you also execute/exile mbas, every person who self-identifies as working on "wall street", people who call themselves "hackers" when they make stupid poo poo like arduino-powered musical toilet seats, and finally, people who prefer linux over literally any other operating system?

thank you, my king

Eh, I'd vote forbe subjugated by it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The true punchline will come when, against all odds, it ends up being the greatest forums software of all time.

...And then he gives bob r/w again five days later.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

One day Satoshi invites all of the biggest names in bitcoin to an overnight lock-in at his crazy awesome mansion furnished by bitcoin, but he's no where to be found, and the guests are being murdered one by one...

Ten little Idiot Boys went out to dine...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Buttcoin Foundation has been going downhill ever since we allowed that two-timing whore Tibanne to have a position.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

im surprised more pro footballers arent into bitcoin based on the high level of permanent brain damage that is common throughout the sport

No, they're still smart/self-aware enough to realize they should just have someone else handle their money for them.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

He's the one who bought the panties

And the fact that he jerked off onto them makes the woman his girlfriend now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DNova posted:

something good happened

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

anthonypants posted:

it looks like they went with this because nicsho's article is back up

I was going to post that, but then I realized it would be roughly five times worse than posting Galtse.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DAT NIGGA HOW posted:

i don't know man, asic hardware becomes obsolete very quickly anyways. if gavin blesses a release that raises the block limit, the asic manufacturers have no choice but to make new hardware, supporting the new 10mb limit. what makes you think miners are not going to get these new machines?

quote:

if its so obviously going to happen, then why hasn't it happened yet?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DAT NIGGA HOW posted:

that screenshot proves that coinbase is not a scam

No one is saying they don't do what they say they do dumbass, they are arguing that their business is not sustainable in the long run and when they finally run out of VC money interesting things are going to start happening.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

that sentiment went around the uk quite a bit, but the grim reality is in our system walt would've probably died in the 2 year waiting list to actually be seen by anyone remotely qualified.

He died in two years anyway, even with the best treatment possible. His insurance company was very much correct when they refused to cover him because he was doomed regardless.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

BB had the major plot arc planned from day 1 from my understanding. some of the less consequential stuff in the middle likely came up later but they knew how it was going to begin and how it was going to end

Nope, they winged past like season 1. Iirc, it was only supposed to be two seasons at first, and Jesse was supposed to be killed off in season 1 or something.
He was, however, almost certainly supposed to become a legitimate drug lord at the end, though. gently caress, even the name suggests it.

But can we please get off of this chat and get back to laughing at the types of people who want to be Walter White, but with no intelligence bitcoin?

e:f,b

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

So do you think bitcoiners will begrudgingly start defending Karpeles, or backpedal furiously and start saying Silk Road was bad all along?

Either way the laffchain is pushed ever higher.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

FMguru posted:

i was thinking "what could possibly make this week even better on the buttcoin thread than it already is?"

and the answer turned out to be "heresiarch coming back to join us"

welcome back h

:unsmith:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

OSI bean dip posted:

i thought bitcoin was anonymous?!?!

anonymous?

no, fees!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

do you think he knew they got everything off the laptop? also would he have told his lawyer the diary existed?

if ross didn't, then the prosecution would have. they have to disclose all evidence before the trial, so that the defense can try and do something about it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ursine Asylum posted:

actually now that I think about it isn't bitpay doing it's level best to have US wallets and be paypal straight up

so it might be bitpay with bitcoin again

i think you're thinking of coinbase. bitpay is still wallowing in the poop, iirc.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

gnrk posted:

hi I don't keep up with this thread can someone link me to the poison oak/trash excursion

it's an excerpt from ross ulbricht's masterpiece 'i am definitely loving guilty just throw me in jail already.txt'

i'd highly recommend giving it a good read.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

TVarmy posted:

have any Bitcoiners proposed an alternate history where Mt Gox's trades were all effectively fake due to massive bot antics, and therefore the price was really more around $100 at the end of 2013 and all that's really been happening is the market rejecting that distortion to show that Bitcoin has steadily risen to double it's value in a year?

seems like a good place to move the delusions rather than pretend the $1,200 bubble was a natural and spontaneous event. and that the event will repeat, if only someone posted an article with just the right headline.

i mean, as it is, this makes the projection charts look like deliberate lies to convince rubes to buy your magic beans.

you mean accepting bitcoin was never worth over $1000?

that sounds dangerously close to actually accepting reality to me...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

fuctifino posted:

what charges is DPR facing in maryland?

i'm pretty sure that's the whole 'attempted murder' thing that bitcoiners like to pretend doesn't exist.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

My PIN is 4826 posted:

This will always be the best operation name ever

i'm still partial to operation onymous

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pumpy Dumper posted:

WAIT THE VERDICT IS ALREADY IN? HOLY poo poo

yep, the patriots wonguilty.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

yard salad posted:

gonna send this to my friend who is serilusly considering buying a second house just to rent out his condo on airbnb

likewise for a relative who was thinking about working there.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

indigi posted:

wtf eleven hundred new posts in a day and a half, I'll never catch up. Wtf happened

justice :911:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

Ugh Dratel was actually on TV repeating his framed argument. I dont know about his in court appearance, but that one wasnt convincing at all.

well it's not like he really has to care about it sounding convincing now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Malloreon posted:

Some "exchange" named excoin has been "hacked" and "lost" all "their" bitcoin:

https://exco.in/

please use proper punctuation.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

indigi posted:

we've had a lot of great, succinct compliations of the antics of logansryche, americanpegasus, BFL/Josh/Inaba, etc., but I feel like the only thing I know about Luke-jr is the tonal numbering system and it looks like there's a lot more gold in that there hill

i think he's also for absolute monarchy if that helps.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

killhamster posted:

he never looks quite human

like a reptoid wearing a human suit

it's more like a character model from an early 2000's videogame that the developers couldn't be bothered to update.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

FCKGW posted:

someone just called the buttcoin hotline and read brazil.txt aloud.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Crankit posted:

arn't you guys running 6 year old uTorrents worried the FBI will find a dread pirate ship docked in your ports

well my ram's already been corrupted, so i might as well just keep it running.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

like a dog dick coffee table

please do not insult my artwork.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

surebet posted:

speaking of lukejr's kids...

can we please not?

:smith:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

hey, let's get this straight, it's all the government's fault for not legalizing the sale of cyanide and heroine to children.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

wonder how often this gently caress gets pulled over for obscuring his own line of sight

(just kidding holy poo poo that's a bad photoshop)

i think he's supposed to be holding it up to the window with his other hand, but i'm not sure since looking at it too closely makes my head hurt.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

this is good news for bitcoin beef o'brady's

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mido posted:

ok, ok

mmhmm mhmm

I see, yes, alrifht

so I just got an order of two grams of this stuff and I know it annihilated UR life and everyone else's life who's come near this stuff but I think I'd like to eye all about 1mg just to see wha happens any advice???

remember, if you don't feel anything after the first few minutes, you must be some weird superhuman that's resistant to it and should take like ten more doses. i'm sure everything will be fine.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There is a targeted attack on Bitcoin occurring right now, coordinated by national agencies. I know this because I am an insider with prior involvement in a key operation. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago by a_whistleblower

OPERATION 'TIKI TAKA'
OBJECTIVES:
The A.B.C.s-
ASSIMILATE - Integrate individuals associated with the Bitcoin payment system with further objective 3.C. (COMPROMISE) by means of methodology 1.E. (ENGAGE)
BETRAY - Coerce individuals directly affiliated with the Bitcoin payment system to further objective 3.C. (COMPROMISE) by means of methodology 2.I. (INFILTRATE)
COMPROMISE - Execute outlined procedures according to fluid situations by means of methodology 3.D. (DISRUPT)
METHODOLOGY:
ENGAGE - Initiate T.R.A.C. framework for developing participatory networks, relationships of trust, wedge and hammer leverage relationships.
INFILTRATE - Coerce individuals directly affiliated with the Bitcoin payment system to act as participatory actors on behalf of COMMAND
DISRUPT - Divide community consensus and steer towards Operational and COMMAND objectives by means of standard counter-actor and sabotage procedures.
The above is a procedural outline of an operation that has been planned for over a year, and has been underway for months now.
I formerly served a role in this operation, but my contract has now expired. Obviously I cannot give the specifics of the operation as it may reveal my role in it, which may lead to me being personally identified. The above is general brief of the operation all those involved have recieved. We were not told of how many people are working on the operation in total (or have worked on it), but from my personal observations, I would suspect there are at least several hundred people directly involved in any given month. I can only divulge this information to you because there are so many people who have been on short-term contracts that it would be impossible for them to determine which one I am.
Ask the moderators of this subreddit if they have any prior knowledge of the above plan. Demand a 'yes' or 'no' answer. I guarantee you that all of them have been personally aware of the above exact plan for several months.
I'd advise you not to ask this of 'Starmaged', 'Theymos' or 'Whollyhemp' however. All three have been subverted and they may lie to you.
Please spread the word and repost this where-ever you can before this is removed and forgotten.

the most unrealistic part is that they think they'd name it loving 'tiki taka' when they've clearly shown themselves capable of gems like 'torpedo'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

colleague just bragged to me about his torrent s/l ratio. odds that he's also a bitcoiner?

extremely unlikely, unless they were bragging about how low it is.

• Locked thread