Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

i'm the bearish break of a trendline suggesting a possible extended pullback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

i want video of the winklevi

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

trucutru posted:

A preview of the wink twins oratorial prowess

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/winklevoss-twins-bitcoin-trust-is-alive-and-well-SracRWQuQ~GqLdGsFEU84w.html

I really, really want to listen to their money2020 presentation.

Aren't they adorable? They look like stunned rabbits, caught in the headlights of an approaching block-train.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

calling the winklebits 'half-cgi' made me chuckle

its also quite accurate

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 6, 2014

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

is it rude to keep u/changetip'ing people 1BTC when i've never owned a bitcoin in my life?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I put that Roger Ver video through a truth filter.

Roger Verified posted:

I am Roger Ver, long-time Bitcoin shill and scammer. Today, I am at the Mount Gox world headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. Before they would release money I had in the site, I was threatened by Mount Gox CEO, Mark Karpelès, who told me to make this video. He showed me multiple empty bank statements as well as letters from customer's lawyers. I am sure that all the current withdrawal problems at Mount Gox are being caused by Mark simply stealing the money -- not because of any banking regulations. The traditional Japanese regulatory authorities that Mount Gox needs to avoid with are not able to keep up with the complexity of the growing Bitcoin scams. The dozens of people that make up the Mount Gox team are hard at work spreading FUD that eventually will make dealing with Mount Gox a huge and expensive embarrassment for their customers around the world. For now, I hope everyone will continue working on Bitcoin projects that will make people like me a lot of money.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

i googled for a definition of anal vore:

quote:

Anal vore - Anal vore is the consumption the character via anus or cloaca.[12] The prey is typically drawn through the digestive tract to the stomach where they are digested in a normal fashion. Conversely, prey may simply remain in the predator's rectum for a time.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lol. butts were going to the moon last November.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Nov 28, 2014

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

cock vore is worse:

quote:

Cock vore (or male genital vore) - Cock vore refers to being consumed by the penis.[9] Prey enters the urethral opening at the top of the penis, after which they are pulled down the urethra to the predator's scrotum, in which prey are absorbed, digested, or turned into semen (sometimes known as cum vore) and ejaculated.[10] Further variants involve the prey being taken to the prostate for conversion into semen, or to the bladder for storage or digestion.[11]

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

it's a ten-minute throwaway email address. how are you going to reply to him?

you know guys, i think his offer of $1000 wasn't 100% genuine :(

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Buttcoin: I'm living homeless because of it

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

indigi posted:

what actually is a node

- the part of a plant stem from which one or more leaves emerge, often forming a slight swelling.
"the stem is cut midway between nodes"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

the poop is touching this thread

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

/r/WeAreBitcoin: Forming a community solely dedicated to the betterment of BTC in a positive and productive manner. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago * by blueknight02

It is my firm belief that /r/bitcoin is no longer advantageous towards the advancement of bitcoin. The problems associated with this sub are no secret. It has become a breeding ground for trolls, propaganda, and persistent melancholy. This revolutionary technology deserves better. Which is why I am taking it upon myself to create an alternate sub that promotes cooperation in a positive and productive environment. Lets put into practice, the core principles of bitcoin. By forming a communal, decentralized initiative, we can be effective.

So I am reaching out to you, the passionate evangelists of bitcoin, to join me in the quest of bringing this marvelous technology to forefront of our society. /r/WeAreBitcoin
#notacult

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

its a great time to buy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://www.stealmywallet.com/

quote:

So, you're a Bitcoin sceptic. You wouldn't turn your life savings into some magic internet money anyone can steal. Well, I did. My life savings are safely stored in my bitcoin wallet. Call me crazy, but I even uploaded my wallet file here, so everyone can download and check how much money I have. You can have a copy of my wallet.dat file, but I am not giving out my encryption password.

Can you actually steal and spend my bitcoin funds?

in other news $277 lol...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

$203.3

So close

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

[–]IHodlThereforeIExist 5 points an hour ago
Yeah well that's 50k usd down the toilet for me. It's okay though I will be alright. Just need some time to let it sink in...
I just bought some futures on okcoin, when the swap reversal comes I will make some back. Hard times...

quote:

[–]hfutrell 8 points 44 minutes ago
your gambling problem isn't going to be helped with more gambling.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bitcoin is anonymous

no fees

fees

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

What are we doing! (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by justfathi

Over Christmas break, I traveled to couple countries, dubai, australia, kenya, and canada. When I was in dubai I happened to stop by an exchange center, changing over some mula to the local currency Dirhams. Right next to the exchange center, there was a western union store. The line up was unbelievable! people from india, bangladesh, pakistan, napel and others. As I went in the exchange center to exchange some money, I see another line up, a really long one, people handing over their cell phones (to give some code) and a personal id to the teller! and it hit me. These guys are not just an exchange center, but they also transfer money, and I thought to myself, what are we doing!? I go to kenya, and I see mpesa booths everywhere, and I mean every block, and I thought to myself, what are we doing!?

I think most of us focus on the wrong things when it comes to bitcoin. We need to start thinking how we can open booths anywhere to transfer value from A to B in countries that are not tech savvy but have the technical know how of using a cell phone. These booths don't have to scream bitcoin but use bitcoin.

There is a big big market out there that if tapped into, we will change lives.

I'm in no means a bitcoin expert but I'm a bitcoin enthusiast. So please don't hate, but contribute, help start a conversation, and lets build solutions for real life problems like remittances.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

quote:

Traded for BTC in CeX (UK) today... (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago * by LiveCheapDieRich

CeX, Bromley, UK. None of the staff knew how to use the "CeX BTC system" as "we literally had a guy come in for an hour to show us how to use Bat coin". Bat coin. Anyway they found out...
No instant payment. No QR code reader. £ conversion via Blockchain wallet app on a staff members phone (he hadn't updated price for a few hours so I got a better rate) I will receive my BTC this evening when head office process it.

Staff member told me I was the first to use BTC in the store. Also asked if I had a bat coin account... I educated her re bitcoin and wallets.
Will confirm if I have payment.

Payment confirmed. 18.28 same day. So about 2.5 hours.
Ps. The two traders prior to me had to wait until Monday/Tuesday for bank transfer of fiat.

currency of the future

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hey, what if I just store my BIP-38 encrypted private key directly into the blockchain as graffiti? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 18 minutes ago by americanpegasus

That way I'm guaranteed access to it, no matter what (so long as the blockchain exists), and the only way thieves can get my bitcoins is if they know my password, which will never be used again and never typed into an online machine.

It seems kind of Insanity Wolf to store your private keys directly in the blockchain, but I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. This would seem like a great way to store bitcoins long, long term without anything additional being needed other than you keeping a very complex password in memory, which isn't too bad.

Just create a password based on the first character in each word of a long phrase with numbers/punctuation, and you can practice writing it every day while destroying the practice afterwards if you like.

I think I just solved a very difficult security problem.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The iSperg Titanic

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I didn't want it, I don't want to be spammed about it, I don't care how many bits are waiting for me. I'll go do a handstand instead. wtf. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 19 minutes ago by oziistorm

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

oh lol...

karpeles bonus scenes footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJSRboDb2A

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'll be honest. I got into Bitcoin at first as a speculative investment and just held my coins in cold storage. But lately I've noticed more and more opportunities to actually use them and figured I'll give it a shot. I put a few coins in a hot wallet on my phone and it's just so easy. In the past month, I've bought furniture on overstock, this year's tax software on newegg, games from green man gaming, and paid a friend in another state who I owed money to.

For one purchase, I even tried to use my credit card first, but it was declined. Called my bank, and they said the charge triggered a fraud alert. I had to jump through all these hoops, convince them it wasn't a fraudulent transaction, then submit the payment to the merchant again. Except the second time, I just used Bitcoin. So easy! Like using cash over the internet.

When I got into this, I didn't even think about where I would spend it, and now I'm eager to find more places that accept it! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it just hit me that this is the way money should be. It all makes sense now.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

anyone can see the grey thread, those with accounts can see the yellow thread, but only active paid shills can see the pink thread

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

the pink thread is pretty much just food chat though

they pay us well. we feast.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

that rubiks cube gambling video from the last page

what the gently caress? i cant tell what is going on. is the player winning? losing?

i dont understand

it was like watching an episode of numberwang

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Dren posted:

since she hasn't yet I'm p. sure she knows better

I want to stay under the radar

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

text editor posted:

in a way he already has

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

ross obviously lied to his mum, so he could have easily lied to his lawyer.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Thermos posted:

BurtW arrested
Today at 03:17:45 AM
BurtW was recently arrested. The indictment (located by Raize):
http://www.scribd.com/doc/248973784/Bitcoin-indictment

Is there anything we can do to help him? There's a site with a donation address, though I'm a little suspicious that the site might be fake. (The arrest itself is very likely real.)

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Blazr posted:

OMG! BurtW was a great guy and very active here. I believe he mostly did cash transactions, I hope this isn't another one of those localbitcoins "stings".

A link to his profile here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=14808

We need to help him.

mayax posted:

there is no help for him now.... he knew what he is doing

edit: lol

anthonypants posted:

has anyone said 'burtcoin' yet?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Got pulled over and my Trezor was confiscated, Police claimed its a voice recorder (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 34 minutes ago by joeysupra

I was pulled over today for a tail light being burned out. I was wearing my trezor around my neck, and the police officer asked what it was for, and i explained what is was for. he wasnt going for the explanation i gave him. And was telling me it was a voice recorder and was going to be taken in for evidence. I know Texas law and police interaction is allowed to be recorded if i remember correctly.

Monday I have to call my attorney to get my trezor back, i have my seed, but dont have a replacement trezor at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Karpeles owns

• Locked thread