Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Eripsa posted:

Synereo is about to do it's fundraising drive for the month of February. It'll be fun. I'll probably do a real thread in D&D when we go live to handle the influx of marbles.

The tl;dr is that we're building something pretty interesting. Our core technology isn't built on the blockchain and uses an entirely different method for proof of identity and distributed networking. But there's a mechanism by which users can convert a native reputation score into a blockchain-based coin and 'cash out' their social currency.

I'm only working with the group peripherally. I wrote some stuff on the white paper and I've been involved in some of the discussions and planning. The rest of it is being handled by people who appear to be professionals, for whatever that's worth. Our main tech guy is a legit mathematician and programmer who worked for a major software company for many years. He has a working prototype of the core technology, which basically can do anything Ethereum does but better and without any stupid cryptocurrencies. The funds we raise will go to polishing the UX and bringing the service live.

ITS HAPPENING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Jesus christ that story. The most poignant part I think was where she says that she used to consider the guy intelligent, and now he's just parroting poo poo from reddit to anyone that will listen and continuously throwing their savings into the fire.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Stockholm Syndrome?

Actually that's probably not right.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
IIRC that guy (Chuck) also has severe mental disorders, and everyone who has worked with him has hated his guts

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Perhaps Ross should have invested in the Beanie Silk Road 2.0 instead, he'd have come out ahead because his mom wouldn't have had to sell her house for buttlawyer legal funds

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

text editor posted:

That Dark leaks guy is taunting /r/darknetmarkets and bitcoiners, for all their libertarian talk, are really having an aneurysm over the whole situation

https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/2vj3ma/first_ever_dark_leaks_auction_i_was_the_lead/

I'm sure the eternal will of The Free Market will cause everything to work out just fine.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Christ, at least pogs/beanie babies actually physically existed, and people weren't trying to hack and scam you of your stuffed animals constantly. Also as far as I know there weren't any "legit" pogzi schemes to "invest" in either.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Guys, guys, it's in the wiki. No need to worry.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

jre posted:

loving :laffo: is he involved in every single buttcoin scam ?

Hahaha, boy I sure am AMPED UP to send all my butts to Hammerlickeropoulos!

And I thought this project wasn't supposed to even involve bitcoins?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm pretty sure they don't actually have any work done on Synereo other than a bunch of worthless infographics, idea-guy ideas, and maybe a renamed copy-paste of the bitcoin protocol.

But you know, give them money, and stuff.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
My........ my paycoin.... WHYYYY??? :negative:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
"No-Fees Fee"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Carl Mark etplaceofideas Force IV

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

trucutru posted:

So much FUD in this thread. Here, have some light-reading you simpleton.

http://www.synereo.com/whitepapers/synereo.pdf

Oh my god. See, it's poo poo like this that makes me think this isn't just some scam but actually a legitimately bad attempt by insane people to make something that was never asked for by anyone.*

*Like every other bitcoin related project, however, once the whole thing goes shits-up whatever money was collected will disappear somehow.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Apr 3, 2015

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Rather than paying up, they should have to sit on an a bike with an electric generator and pedal back all the electricity they wasted.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

atomicthumbs posted:

lmao apparently a month ago someone dropped these off at the e-waste recycling center where I work

This is GREAT news for bitcoin because...

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Sweevo posted:

never heard this before, but according to that letter ross also briefly ran a silkroad spinoff that sold guns, but gave up because it wasn't profitable enough

But what an honest and upstanding young man, protecting our 2nd amendment rights! Clearly he should be given clemency.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
So it looks like Ross plastering his ideology over everything and showing no remorse even in his letters to the judge accomplished nothing but indicating that if he ever got out he would just do it all over again. :bravo:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
What are you folks gonna do when the Hyperbitcoinization comes to town? I for one can't wait to upload myself to the blockchain and have to wait for 6 confirmations and pay fees for each independent thought or any action whatsoever, will be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I might finally be able to feel the touch of a woman for the first time after a nominal fee or several days and approval by the hyperbitcoinized community

• Locked thread