Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i made a dumb bitcoin bowl tweet and some random dude sent me a bitcoin tip. i am now a bitcoin owner. ask me anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boxturret posted:

rope or co2?

uh

rope?

wait, no, co2 please

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'll do it but i don't even know how. i think i just need his twitter account?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

do i have to report my $0.25 bitcoin tip to the irs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

other sources of income: that one tweet i made

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i remember when apple changed the shuffle function in itunes because it would occasionally play the same song twice in a row or even two songs from the same album

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my buddy lives up there and says his nearest bar has a bitcoin atm in it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pocket posted:

quick someone flip a graphic of a triangle upside down and offer bitcointalk the opportunity to invest in a funnel scheme. i'll take my 50% idea guy cut in bitcoin mining contracts pls.

you're gonna get caught in the playground

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

capacity is supposedly 43k for football, which actually makes it smaller than the stadium for either of the teams in the game, though a bit higher than the average attendance for ucf and quite a bit lower than the average nc state attendance.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Capacity, beef o brady bowl last year got 20,053 people. It's not a popular or important game.
yeah but one of the teams this year is an hour away. it won't sell out because, yeah, it's the bottom bitch bowl, but it'll do okay just based on that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the oakland coliseum is a multi-use stadium that hosts both baseball and football (meaning it sucks for both). it's not at all the same as converting a baseball park - the smalled in mlb, at that - into a football field.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

walt is a good cat imo

page 219

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^^^yeah, mitm is good

TVarmy posted:

q: is bitcoin more efficient?
a: i was going to say compared to what, but then i realized the answer would always be no. so no.
they *might* be more efficient than straight up bartering. maybe.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweevo posted:

i don't know if he's still into bitcoins, but its still funny to me how he continues to fail at literally everything he does - the second life shelter, gift cards, cinema, talespin, guitar picks, ghost tv station...

now he wants to start an electronic recycling business in NY, but has already been in trouble with the EPA over something, and can't afford the $250 licence to become a registered e-waste handler. yet he's trying to scrape money together to rent a commercial property, but like the cinema can't work out how much the rent is. he thinks real e-waste handlers get their stuff by picking up the free TVs from craiglist or from garage sales. he thinks he's going to start some large scale industrial recycling business taking 1000s of items per month, even though his entire turnover to date is "2 monitors and 3 tvs", and using this 280,000 mile beauty:

that doesn't appear to be a ford explorer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jizz Festival posted:

Crankism, I guess? Like some guys just get totally obsessed with this thing they're sure they're right about and become unable to ever shut up about it. Like Dave Sim, who turned his comic Cerebus into huge rants about Lights (men) and Voids (women).

dave sim is severly mentally ill, so i'm not sure it's *quite* the same thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sentient Data posted:

Stupid movie didn't cover the TRUE history displayed in Cryptonomicon! And god drat did that book suck. I was expecting fanfictiony stupid Mary Sue stuff with glimmers of interesting moments after reading Snow Crash, but that stupid book was about 8 times as long as it should have been and goes on and on about such petty bullshit. But it's got :allears:THE VAULT:allears: and its magical digital currency which even in the book was used illegally, so of course it's probably one of the butter bibles

my favorite part was the two pages dedicated to how to eat captain crunch without hating your life quite as much.

i actually mostly like stephenson, but good god he cannot write an ending

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Snow Crash was definitely satire but I think at some point he started getting high on his own supply, I got through Diamond Age and Cryptonomicon but that three-part doorstopper about Issac Newton searching for magic gold or whatever the gently caress broke me
i really liked the baroque cycle, honestly, though it burned be out on him for a long time. it probably should have been abridged to just one doorstopper instead of three, though. reamde was super meh, though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jabberwocky posted:

What do you expect from a city that reelects crackheads? Although they do get screwed with the whole taxation without representation thing.

in our defense, he is now dead. (and technically only one ward continually reelected him)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

from the grey thread:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

$300 per day seems like a lot of drugs to me, but i'm not a druggie so what do i know

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweevo posted:

weed people depress me.

a ton of people smoke weed, but the only people who ever seem to talk about it are all That Guy - the one who can't think about anything but weed, or talk about anything but weed, and how much weed they smoke, and how they like to smoke weed, and how great it was the last time they smoked weed, and how great it's going to be the next time they smoke weed, and when the next time they're going to smoke weed is, and how much weed they are going to smoke then, and do you want to see their collection of weed posters and weed t-shirts, and man i bet this song is totally about weed, and weed weed weed weed weed...
this was my ex girlfriend

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

how did he get fatter in prison
inmates routinely spend hours of their day in their cells with little to do and are fed cheap, non-nutritious food. barring people who are already disposed to taking care of themselves by using that time to do bodyweight exercises or rig up ways of lifting weights, it's really not hard to gain fat in prison.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i deleted utorrent since it became ad-ridden malware.

remember when it was just a cool small torrent client?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

kierrie posted:

I use Deluge now, it's ok.

same

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rip grimey

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Malloreon posted:

I seriously don't understand people who do drugs. Holy poo poo, how is that a way to live?

yeah idgi. my last relationship ended because all my ex wanted to do was go to bluegrass and jam band concerts, drink, and do whatever drugs she could get ahold of. i think the concerts were just an excuse since she never talked about the music, just how loaded she got.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gobbeldygook posted:

probably correct. music festivals are as close to a real life Hamsterdam as we're likely to ever get. guys just walk from campsite to campsite offering to sell you whatever you wanted.

at electric forest, a friend was snorting a line of molly at night and someone helpfully shined a flashlight down on her so she could see what she was doing. she looked up to thank them and it was a cop. He said, "I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing too much." and walked away.

she would then come home and whine about how she was tired from not sleeping, hungover from all the substances, and just generally felt like poo poo. for like a week.

don't date mentally ill addicts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gus Hobbleton posted:

is there like a bitcoin glossary somewhere where i can learn what poo poo like blockchain and sidechain etc actually are? the parts i DO understand in this thread is hilarious but so much of it goes over my head. all i know about bitcoin is that it costs more to mine them than the bitcoins are worth and they are apparently very easy to hack

bitcoins themselves are not easy to hack (in fact, it's something approaching impossible at the moment), but everything surrounding them is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

"the Blockchain" is the central innovation of bitcoin - it's the ledger of all transactions that have ever occurred, and it's self-securing against anyone who doesn't have over 51% of the hashing power.

it's legitimately well-thought-out and designed in a really cool way, and depends on previous work with cryptography to be unbreakable until somebody breaks SHA-256, it's encryption method.

however, this really cool algorithm/design accomplishes nothing, as I've described previously:

imagine I made a perfect machine, a cannon which was able to rocket pigeons directly into my own crotch at a hundred miles an hour while doing no damage to the pigeon. you would be impressed by this amazing technology and you'd probably get a lot of laughs out of it being used but you wouldn't recommend that anyone intelligent actually use it

i'd like you to run this all the time since it would prob keep you from posting

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ruby idiot railed posted:

Without additional information I almost sympathize with the dealer more than I do with the dude
i just have to wonder what leads someone down a path in life where putting something called a research chemical in their body sounds like a good idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

well duh since the government doesn't want you to have it it must be good

just like bitcoins!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

holy lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Magrov posted:

if you ignore windows, you'll see that linux is actually the dominant desktop os.

i'm glad he included the best mobile os, webos, in there.

rip in piese webos

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

anthonypants posted:

is it just me or doesn't this come out to ~7.5%

UM that's what "approximately" means. it's not EXACT. 15 is APPROXIMATELY 7.5.

in bitcoinland

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

trucutru posted:

just another sorry for your loss

how much is 138.6 btc worth in usd? i don't think he mentioned it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

idk man spending 5000 dollars of my own money just to gently caress with bitcoiners wouldnt be very fun. 5000 of other people's money, on the other hand....

even more fun would be taking their $5000 and doing something actually fun with it like going on 2.5 $2000 vacations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

pylb posted:

it suits him perfectly as ambassador of buttcoin though

halloween costume found

• Locked thread