Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

could somebody post that little cartoon with the winkle twins buying dream dollars and giving each other piggyback rides or whatever? i forgot to save it last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Erenthal posted:

This is known as smörgåstårta in Sweden, and still a very popular thing to serve at festivities. It's still awful though.

:frogout: it's delicious

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Necc0 posted:

what happened to those, anyways

p sure doge tipping got banned from /r/bitcoin

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

lmao if your favourite bond villain isn't from a connery or moore film

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Herman Merman posted:

In April Pietilä blogged on how he overdosed on vitamin B3 at the club with a 17-year old girl.

Isn't it vitamin B that scientologists are crazy about? I seem to remember their narconon rehab programme featuring a shitton of it together with long sauna sessions (another Finnish connection there! :tinfoil:)

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Oh good yelp tells you whether a place accepts bitcoin now.

otoh I can easily find some place to pay with dogs now

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

free parking should just be called "gently caress you got mine"

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

be your own fleshlight herder

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Google maps sometimes starts at 0.000,0.000 after my phone has been in airplane mode for a long time, and I always see some random business located in the middle of the sea.

Right now there's an Asian bistro there, along with half a dozen mostly german businesses. It just bugs me that Google can't just filter out such obviously poor quality data :argh:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Weatherman posted:

"To exist is to be something, as distinguished from the nothing of non-existence, it is to be an entity of a specific nature made of specific attributes. Centuries ago, the man who was-no matter what his errors-the greatest of your philosophers, has stated the formula defining the concept of existence and the rule of all knowledge: A is A. A thing is itself. You have never grasped the meaning of his statement. I am here to complete it: Existence is Identity, Consciousness is Identification.

a is a

a spade is a spade :monocle:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

jony ive aces posted:

did anyone say atlas shaggared yet

Almost

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Thanks, now amazon will think I'm into bitcoin forever and ever.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

so what that libertarian is saying is that if we blackmail pedophiles, their sexual preference will eventually become socially acceptable?

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

make his posts invisible to everyone except himself and pipe in comments from random youtube videos so he doesn't suspect anything

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

PYF favourite mnemonics for remembering your buttcoin purse addresses

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I'm the all-important vista sticker

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

ArchWizard posted:

has anyone come up with any game of thrones jokes besides HODOL and The Mountain Gox yet?

master of the coin
the buywall
the bearwhale and the virgin basement dweller fair

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

rjmccall posted:

look, it's simple. you have a Happy Burger brand fast food establishment, and sometimes kids come in and want their Happy Burger brand Happy Kiddy Burger, which according to the Happy Burger brand franchise operating instructions is supposed to be 4oz of usda utility grade hamburger lightly grilled and pressed into a poppy seed bun with two slices of mild pickle and a slice of tomato and a piece of iceberg lettuce and the name of the kid written on the top in half an ounce of Happy Burger brand special sauce about which the less said the better

so naturally what you do is, you post an ad saying, cooks wanted, please bring your own grill and meat and bun and pickle and tomato and lettuce, we'll supply the sauce

and you get an applicant, and you send him down to the Hall of Cooks, which is a featureless infinite plane that you keep in the unlit basement of your Happy Burger brand fast food establishment. and you tell him to just keep making burgers and handing them up, and if he hands up a burger that satisfies your standards, you'll pay him a bonus, which is $100,000, plus the price of the burger, which is $.50

now the cook can't see too good down there, and he keeps handing up burgers that are more like pickly meatballs with a swastika painted on the side in tomato sauce, but as long as the meat's cooked the health department won't shut you down, so you keep taking them and dutifully handing down briefcases of cash with a few quarters tossed in. and the cook's pretty happy, even after you summarily declare one day that you're only going to pay $50,000 per burger in the future

so the cook calls in a friend, and she sets up in the Hall of Cooks and starts handing up burgers, and now you're getting acceptable burgers faster than you can sell them. so you raise your standards a bit, and you insist that burgers have to be on a bun, and that cuts production back down to a manageable rate. but the cooks are still pretty happy, even after you cut the burger bonus again to $25,000

this goes on for a while, and now you've got a hundred cooks down there, and you've started demanding that they spell out the kid's name correctly, and that's not easy. so now they're not just making burgers to your increasingly exact specifications, they're racing each other to be the first to get the kid's name right. but you're still paying $5,000 a burger, and apparently the cooks are still happy, because more and more keep showing up

you get curious one day while you're squeezing into your franchise past the giant mountain of rotting discarded hamburgers, and you head down to the Hall of Cooks. the last time you came down here, there were only six cooks, and they were just standing around in a disorganized circle; but now they're organized into these large groups. in one of them, you find your first cook, and he shakes your hand. "remember when we'd just started out and i was lumping up store meat by hand and cooking it on that tiny old george foreman?", he laughs. "that was before figured out cookie cutters and rolling pins." he's standing at a huge professional-grade charbroiler with twenty-four different patties arranged on it; suddenly, in a single efficient flash of movement, he flips them all over. of course, the dull glow of the grill isn't enough in the utter blackness of the Hall, and most of the patties end up on the ground, which you suddenly realize is a lot spongier than it's supposed to be. also, doesn't the ceiling seem lower? you shake it off and head back upstairs to start taking orders, wondering when it'll be the right time to cut the bonus to $1,000

it's been another year. there are tens of thousands of cooks in your basement. you're rejecting burgers for sloppy handwriting. you're rejecting burgers for having too thick a slice of tomato. you're rejecting burgers for excessively clustered poppy seeds. seven months ago, the cooks started building floor-to-ceiling ovens with internal robotics custom-designed for making Happy Kiddy Burgers; now there are whole fields of them, each making ten thousand burgers a second. of course, it's still pitch-dark down there, and the cooks aren't exactly susan calvin, so almost all of those burgers get added straight to the end of the Great Greasy Mountains, but it's amazing how quick they come now. you overhear a few of the cooks talking excitedly about the orders they just placed for massive new ovens from Barbecue Labs. you don't know how any of them can afford this when the burger bonus is only $100

three months ago, you politely asked whether they could start making the adult Happy Burgers, too

for an entire day, all the burgers had your name written on top in poison

is this short enough to be the new thread title?

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I have four routers named 1, 2, 3, and 5. people spend ages looking for 4 :classiclol:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

the reward stops halving and instead goes straight to 0 in 2140.

It'll run off the transaction fees provided by people using this currency that comes without fees. What part of that don't you get? :rolleyes:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Soricidus posted:

i'm going to suggest we rename bitcoin itself in honor of the GCHQ cryptographer who invented public-key cryptography before RSA.

soon, everyone will wish they had invested in cocks

this but for the 1/100th denomination

it would make the idiom "have two pennies to rub together" a lot better

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

El_Elegante posted:

taint analyst

benevolent admins please change my username to this?

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

lmao if you write any software handling money and don't realise that , and . are swapped around in some parts of the world.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

the grammar in DPR's responses isn't quite perfect, maybe karpeles did write them.

where's Ulbricht from? I want to believe he was born in the US and therefore a native speaker, but his last name makes me think he's dutch or german.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

don't post log chats please

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

neonbregna posted:

be your own bank (with all of the risks and none of the benefits) http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2sqly4/i_cant_stop_from_feeling_sick/

i love these threads, because they always have two types of posts:

- a really paranoid-sounding post where the poster thinks it was an inside job to get OP's bitcoins. no effort is spent considering the possibility that the burglar won't give a poo poo about the bitcoins and just wanted the computer.
- posts about what unfeasible security solutions that would totally have prevented OP's misfortune.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

dick on a stick? :confused:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

fake on a stake

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

wank on a plank

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

demand response for the electricity market is already a thing, and the most surprising thing about it?

no blockchain needed :ssh:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

CSM posted:

Also, what the hell is a Bitcoin embassy supposed to be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g0KpxkNR0E

I don't know, but I'd really like to see Julian Assange trying to hide in it after he gets kicked out of whatever embassy he's in now.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

uranus posted:

Brilliant bitcoin business idea! (self.bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by bitlord1234

Hey guys! I just had an idea while pooping that i thought was so great that i forgot to wipe and just came right here to post it and see what you all thought. So, okay, get this, its like lego... but with bit coin! what do you think? anything wrong with it?

lego... block... chain? :aaa:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I think the laffchain mining difficulty just went down again, and the reward doubled

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

I'm imagining a version of "we do" from the stonecutters episode of the simpsons sung by karpeles now

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Fraud florins

Ponzi pesos

No-wons

Butt bahts

Locomotive liras

Dick cheques

Spectrum Shekels

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Ross and his rossyospostles

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

@0:55 - is that actually how "karpeles" is pronounced? First I thought she was obviously saying it wrong, but now I realise I haven't actually heard anyone pronounce it before

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

cryptocatcoin

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

the sooner they find him guilty, the sooner they can go home and watch the princess bride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

yeah it is certainly something else. but stuff is definitely under seal. if you go through the capa.net transcripts there are parts excised saying sealed by order of the court, and the lawyers refer to documents under seal. doesn't matter now though!

I'm guessing it's because they want to keep using those techniques to catch a few more pedos and drug dealers before they get wise to their methods.

• Locked thread