Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

theres a 2/3 chance that I did

FMguru posted:

has anyone considered the role that negging plays in the monty hall problem?

"would you like to change your choice?" *points at door*

ban

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

rotor was just doing his job and i am not bitter

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Adam Back ‏@adam3us 3h3 hours ago
.@KonradSGraf @aantonop claim non-negligible imperfect substitution only arises in event of failure of a sidechain with time-preference.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Adam Back ‏@adam3us 4h4 hours ago
.@comefrombeyond @aantonop there are ongoing risks to holding bitcoin, losing money due to core defect is a very small risk component...

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

this loving abyss

goddammit

obligator ynietzsche quote

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Clockwerk posted:

I can sympathize with raw milk crazies because farm fresh milk is amazing, especially if the cream was never scooped off the top and you can stir it back in, at least until you get a batch of milk from the cow who made it into the onion patch. also getting pathogenic ecoli from their poo poo-stained teets

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm pretty sure that if you cn't talk about bitcoins for 10 minutes without turning into a bad rodney dangerfield impression then you're a lost cause

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

TVarmy posted:

the rumor was that the sec was going after 4-5 more businesses as well. i am not going to :gizz: yet, but i am adding corn husker's lotion to my bugout bag.

look at lil' prince rupert over here

*spits into hand comma unzips pants*

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

they've spent years trying to convince everybody that bitcoin is real money, and the one group they managed to convince was fincen, who are now applying existing regulations to it

good job, guys, you made it farther than flooz (or whatever it was)

delicious, isn't it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Greyhawk posted:

i'll just leave this here

the moral of the story is that they all died

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Boxturret posted:

It's my birthday you know what that means!

*Every branch of law enforcement from every jurisdiction comes in for a giant party*

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

nannerpus_ posted:

BUSINESS OWNER at Denver Bitcoin Center contacted me for computing job, should i reply with goatse or meet for coffee to laugh in his face tia

ask him if he complies with fincen regulations

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I forgot that that bowl was going to be a thing

so did everybody else

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dren posted:

Need help where to post my $200k = right now ~500 BTC finders fee
October 15, 2014, 01:29:42 PM

my offer is $200k = ~ 500 BTC for the person who will help me to sell the following property.

https://www.bitpremier.com/5-real-estate/178-beautiful-7br-luxury-villa-caesarea-israel

the one who will introduce me to a buyer or will give me a unique tip that will sell the property will get the finders fee.

IMHO if this unique located property is sold for BTC this deal will make history like the first 2 Pizza deal sold for BTC.

Thanks in advance

another link added to get more info about Caesarea/Israel
http://villacaeasarea.wix.com/villa-in-caesarea#!

Today, the Chairman of the Caesarea Foundation and the CDC is Baron Benjamin de Rothschild, the great grandson of the Baron Edmond de Rothschild. Caesarea remains today the only locality in Israel managed by a private organization rather than a municipal government. As well as carrying out municipal services, the Caesarea Development Corporation markets plots for real-estate development, manages the nearby industrial park, and runs the Caesarea's golf course and country club, Israel's only 18-hole golf course.

it's a town of 4,500 people run by a corporation headed by a rothschild.

the place is probably crawling with lizard people.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Dr. Honked posted:

oh how the ghost of you clings

A…… fairground's painted… swings

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

currentc is amazing because it seems to be trying to be a worse solution than bitcoin

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

Good to see Mark's priorities are still in order

oh no, a noted scammer and incompetent rear end in a top hat uses social media

this is not a notable thing and also kind of obsessive, karpeles is old news and that he continues to live is not itself news

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Bananalogue posted:

few months ago the city huy fong's located in threatened to close down the rooster sauce plant because of the smell and the owner was all THE VIET CONG WASNT AS BAD AS THIS and the city backed down lol

that man is an american hero

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

jesus christ

"but there's a disclaimer!"

"well, according to wikipedia..."

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

I should clarify my comment above. I'll be composing an email to our lawyers (MediaCrush) if the response from the maintainers of this project is anything but "I'm sorry, we've removed your repository, it won't happen again". What you're doing is engaging in fraud, pretending to represent us and asking people for money, and then spamming contributors and tricking people into thinking that we support this cause.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

in both threads people will bullet out the specific legal and ethical problems and the rebuttals are almost always a variant of "nuh-uh"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

vOv posted:

maybe we could make it so that if you fail the test your vote is worth, oh... 3/5ths as much

"the constitution means exactly what the literal words say and nothing can ever change ever" - a supereme court justice

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

introducing a mobile lucid dreaming suicide hotline

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

how about an automated boner training lesson

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

indigi posted:

a firkin of cum

new bond movie title is a little weird

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

tea leaves are literally more readable than this

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

ElectricMucus posted:

>eat "regulator"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Robawesome posted:

Next time they should send Andreas Antonopoulos.

i want to see this because he is a terrible speaker/presenter/trainer/whatever the gently caress he is

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Robawesome posted:

Hahaha I can't believe what I just saw.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

vanilla slimfast posted:

written by hiersarch

hasn't been updated in a year but the fundamentals are sound (unlike bitcoin)

http://brokenlibrarian.org/bitcoin/

it's pretty much prophecy

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Greyhawk posted:

shrug

anyway here's a thing

reminder 10000 bits is about 3 bucks fiddy

i want these assholes to go after martha stewart so that i can watch her annihilate them

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

surebet posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Antonopoulos

faaaaaaaaart

Keep According to the Canadian Senate, Andreas Antonopoulos is one of the most notable experts on what looks to be a multibillion dollar economy. From a quick glance I was able to find articles about him and mentions of him from publications outside the Bitcoin community, such as this article from PandoDaily, a general technology website. Andreas Antonopoulos. I searched Bloomberg and found dozens of mentions of and quotes by Antonopoulos.Redpointist (talk) 14:51, 4 November 2014 (UTC)

i find it :allears: when americans think our senate is the same as your senate, in the sense that ours is literally a decorative instance

he looks like a villain from a spider-man reboot

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Bananalogue posted:

so from what I gather from wiki the twins are famous for being old money trust fund babies and lovely Olympic rowers right

like in slightly different circumstances they'd just be the menendez brothers again

bitcoiners rallied around them because the JEW BANKER zuckerburg stole their idea for a BOOK OF FACES and obviously it's the idea that's worth the money and not the implementation

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

suffix posted:

speaking of, there was this book bitcoiners were raging about, has anybody read it?
http://www.amazon.com/BitCon-Naked-Truth-About-Bitcoin-ebook/dp/B00NUIUQ3A

i thought i might recommend it to people who ask about bitcoin, if it's reasonably well researched and presented

This is not an informed look at Bitcoin. Rather it is an anecdotal collection of opinions about Bitcoin which have been gathered into a narrative. Jeffrey Robinson seems to have done a lot of research, and has interviewed people involved in Bitcoin from Roger Ver to Marc Andreessen to Tim Swanson. Also included are the opinions of some fairly well known people like James Dimon, Paul Krugman, Robert Schiller, and Warren Buffet.

The problem with approaching something like Bitcoin through opinions is unfortunately that the subject is extremely polarizing. Few people are knowledgeable enough about both the technology and the economics involved. As a result, of the people I listed in my intro, the only two who are qualified to give an opinion are Marc Andreesen and Tim Swanson. The others, even the Nobel laureates, are rank amateurs on this subject.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

TVarmy posted:

he's also making some edgy tweets about how he didn't vote because he's a libertarian and wants change.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/529771015971143680

ever notice how people who claim that there's no point in voting are almost always white?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

voter turnout amongst Hispanicans tends to be pretty low

lots of reasons for that.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

i went to a substantial amount of effort this morning to fight my way past a severe psychological episode so that i could go vote, because i knew i would feel even worse later if i didn't

gently caress these people

good on you. (that is not insincere.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

i'm not sure how you knew that i walked

or is there a joke here i'm missing

it's a joke about the disgustingly low turnout for midterm elections

• Locked thread