Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Snapchat A Titty posted:

that wood is way too veiny, it looks ugly as poo poo

much like your penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

They hated the crypto part of the gift, but Operation Crypto Christmas was a huge success!

so is this a repost or does someone have this awkward plan every year?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

quote:

2015 will be a year of the Bitcoin. 2014 was pretty hard because of few not cool incidents like mtGox.

"not cool'..."not cool"?!?

that was one of the peaks 2014

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

i've yosposted on a plane
i've yosposted on a train
i've yosposted from the car
i've yosposted in a bar
i've yosposted in a boat
i've yosposted while eating goat
i've yosposted here and there
i've yosposted everywhere!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I'm thankful everyday for greenpos' awful colours chasing away easily annoyed care havers

tori is still here though...is there a way to make it more awful?

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Salvor_Hardin posted:

"I call him Fister Roboto"

...and he's learning!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

yeah, I worked with him at Netscape, and we bumped into each other a bunch when he was working on Chrome and me Firefox. he did some mobile startup based on SPDY IIRC.

really smart, really conservative guy

first carmack, then this other guy....you seem to know a suspicious number of bitcoin zealots...

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

so a bitcoin rig was a plot point on silicon valley this week. it got sweet benchmarks on the gpus so they decided to build a data centre full of milk crate miners in the garage.

i like that there's an implication that gilfoyle was using ehrlich's power to run the rig, as is the bitcoin tradition.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

This guy has a phone number similar to a bank loan department and gets voicemails from bank customers. Sometimes he calls them back and pretends to be the bank.

This guy called a lady back about her mortgage and said they had transferred her loan to Bitcoin. Also she has to use Linux now. Her son bought bitcoins last year apparently and knows they dropped in value so she's not too happy about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaVEzMbr84

"I DON'T WANT BITCOIN! GET IT OUT OF THERE!"

surebet posted:

holy poo poo

someone in the general public knows about bitcoins

and they hate it

:swoon:

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
is the series of posts where whats-his-name decided to go through the bitcoin codebase line by line still around, or is there somewhere it's memorialized? i want to show the 'ok, so what's #include stdio.h on line 1 mean' posts to someone.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Sweevo posted:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140429014248/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118251.0

most of the replies have been deleted though. it was originally many pages long

riiiiight of course it was Atlas

thnx 4 the link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was some attack from a government or possibly Reddit themselves.

• Locked thread