Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

LethalGeek posted:

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/525718840898908160

i know those are english words but does that actually mean anything?

John Crosbyþ@cro58y
@aantonop Was this envisaged by Satoshi N?
12:28 PM - 24 Oct 2014
                                          \

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

surebet posted:

can someone explain to me how a sidechain is different from an altcoin running in parallel w/ bitcoin over the same sha256 miners like namecoin?

i mean apart from buzzwords

tia

cause I think they're hard-pegged to bitcoin and can't really challenge it for cryptocurrency supremacy since they're all coded on the same blockchain

or something

also it helps get around the 7 tx/s limit by using coins on a sidechain

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow... they're acknowledging that bitcoin might be over

ask not for whom the butt tolls

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Boxturret posted:

yeah like pets.com and the hindenburg

and Native American culture

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what in the exact gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

im literally scared

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

as far as im concerned that child would be better off if her father were dead

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

yeah man I just need 50 bitcoins because my car broke down and my wife is pregnant and my house was repossessed and I need bus money for my kid's basketball team so he can afford a suit to get a job to repay the bank and I'm sick and need medicine for what happened when I was in Vietnam

sorry I don't have any bitcoins but I got these hi-fi speakers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

somewhere logansryche stirs, cocks an eyebrow. "honey," he says to his fat disgusting life-mate, "strap on your harness and carry me to WalMart. I have a plan"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

basmati posted:

for twelve years you have been asking: how her sister towel could smell like sperm?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm glad of that every company who accepted bitcoin and held onto them has lost money

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

still have literally no idea what Apple Pay is, I thought it was just PayPal but with stebe but I guess there's more to it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I expect a bunch more of these places to vanish with the money and flee the country before they're served. whoever leaked the SEC subpoenas should be right hosed

Greyhawk posted:

there's an awful lot of coincidences here including the developer of both ripple and stellar being the very same one who originally built a trading site for magic the gathering: online cards you might have heard of

what

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how the gently caress come there have not been more laffs derived from the SEC letters yet

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DNova posted:

green sky at morning: neighbor take warning

Enough is enough is enough
Why don't you just ease up
I saw another beat down last night, take warning
Who's the next to hit the ground tonight, take warning
Take warning

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

filthy regex posted:

"Any time Detroit scores more than a hundred points and holds the other team below a hundred points, they almost always win." - Doug Collins

the three year plan

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

idgi

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

surebet posted:

he's probably dead now

good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a youtub of buttcoins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that looks like a firkin of cum

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TVarmy posted:

its like a mom, but its also cyberpunk.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

berth certificate is my favorite thing

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

surebet posted:

that whole tinfoil theory also proves that people are ridiculously terrible with large numbers, there's this dissonance between gov't is printing infinimoney, gov't sees bitcoin as valuable but is doing these tiny ninja buys to keep the price low, and why doesn't the gov't just plop it's balls on the table menacingly and print infinimoney to buy out everyone?

the us gov't could swallow the entire bitcoin economy in one gulp aka the price of like a jet fighter if they put up 1000$ buys all around, a couple bil is literally fun money in the correct context
it's even easier than that. they just have to seize all the asic farms. since banksters control everything, China would obviously be on board. or poo poo, all they'd really need to do is secretly take control of a few big pools. nobody would even know, and they'd control 75% of the network with very little effort.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

voting is fine and everything but it's seriously the laziest most basic form of political involvement. like if the level of political involvement were a job, voting would be like a part time gig at Walmart. at least it's something and it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of, but it's not the kind of thing you want to brag about either

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

send it to the Hitler did nothing wrong Jewwwwwwwww address

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

While Martin Luther King Jr. wanted a world in which his children could be judged by the content of their character, bitcoin has gone one step further: if his children decide to use the cryptocurrency, they won’t be judged at all.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

look, I'm not some big city programmer, I'm just a simple ideas man. but someone should make a tipping bot that uses actual money and you just tip actual loving money with a minimum of like a dime or quarter, and I bet it'll see more use than changetip

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

they tried this, it was called "microtransactions" and it failed completely for a bunch of reasons
everyone not into bitcoin knows micro transactions are bunk but I bet it would still be more popular

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

I just went to my grandmas funeral and she's Mormon so they put her coffin within a giant gold coffin.

but my dad is orthodox Christian so after everyone left and before they closed the gold coffin and lowered it he sprinkled dirt on it. I thought it was kinda disrespectful. and at every opportunity he did that cross thing whee you tap your forehead, then abdomen and shoulders, which they don't do in Mormonism.

I hope you like my post

was it his mom or your mom's mom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

to clarify the dirt went in the gold coff

yes but my dad is a huge contrarian and I just know he neurotically has to stick it to his mum and family at every turn
still counts as closure. who the gently caress is he disrespectging. nobody knew and she dead

Jonny 290 posted:

sometimes i miss being Catholic As gently caress. Atrocities aside, the culture and history is really enveloping and it makes you feel like you're part of a bigger thing.

i'm no believer though

have you ever read The Sparrow, it is good and related to that feeling

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

vOv posted:

the comments in the gamergate thread seem to be pretty universally anti-gg which i honestly didn't expect

on Reddit?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh, is that how that works? well, sorry for cosby-spamming people whenever one pops up for me. I just thought I'd clicked the nice button by accident then would spam the poo poo out of it for like 30 seconds because OCD

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was kinda shocked (yet it makes total sense) that people pointed out how LEOs were going so hard after drug sites but didn't really seem to care about CP-only sites. like that's just a nice side-effect for the FBI if they can sieze a bunch of drug money too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why in the world would you have to spend 100k a month for x months to get a secure messageboard platform

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh also re: tipping in traffic

how will that work with no charge backs

if I'm in front of you and you give me a quarter to let you pass, I can always not let you pass and, knowing you're in a rush, extort you for more tips

alternately, if you're supposed to tip after I cede the lane, what recourse do I have if you just don't pay me, or if youre double spending your coins up and down the highway

smh

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well if they're perfectly driven cars with traffic logic and poo poo, nobody would be driving in the passing lane. because it's the passing lane. but also if they're all computer driven wtf they'd all be going the same speed in theory

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think the real problem with self driving cars is that either everyone will have to use them or nobody will use them, cause a computer isn't gonna be able to anticipate and improvise around the behavior of a bunch of idiot humans

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

evilweasel posted:

there are approximately 33,561 problems per year as of 2012: http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is that the Merovingian

• Locked thread