Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Good to see Mark's priorities are still in order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Midjack posted:

Has anyone said dick hodling yet?

bagcoin for bag hodlers

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

ArchWizard posted:

i wouldn't have made a buttcancercoin joke if i'd known it would have to be explained

someone said buttcancercoin?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

So apparently the Australian govt is sitting on some Silk Road coins as well

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/te...031-11ewk4.html

Who will buy the bag of holding

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Hammerite posted:

Cryptocurrencies Against Aliens With Rayguns

How can you NOT see it? It's like the bithammer and bitsickle

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

letitgocoin

to get those children and tumblrinas on board

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

"hey Buttcoin, I may be stuck in a hole of my own digging but maybe you should quit pissing in mine and start digging your own hole. Who knows you might reach the moon!"

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Boxturret posted:

greetings i am a very talented creator who is highly skilled in a large variety of fields but i have absolutely no ideas of what to do

if someone could give me an idea i will give you 70 percent of the profits

As an ideas man: where have you been all my life?!?!

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

I like how the clickbait takes up more space than the article

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

newreply.php posted:

when i was in NYC, bill murray came from behind me, put his hands over my eyes, then revealed himself to me and handed me a single coin, bearing his likeness.

he just said "no one will ever believe you", and darted away

On the other side of that coin, Dan Aykroyd randomly tried to get me to pay for his Aykroydcoins and when I tried to politely refuse he got really weird and passive aggressive until he "generously" gave them to me for free so I took it just to make him go away.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Greyhawk posted:

Should we crowdfund the next Edward Snowden? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 19 hours ago by 8nam

Rather than waiting until after someone has taken the scary step of coming forward, maybe we can entice insiders. For a prospective whistle-blower, knowing that one might be able to count on some form of "reward" might just be the difference between coming forward or not.

Granted, we'd need to instill plenty of trust in order to attract donations. Maybe we could use an M-of-N address controlled by a number of well-known figures - Glenn Greenwald, Julian Assange, maybe even Edward Snowden himself. Perhaps we'd use lighthouse.

Regardless of the mechanics (which are paramount), do you think this could this work?

At the 10 bitcoin level I will reveal the top secret black ops that goes all the way to the top!

At the 50 bitcoin level you will get a tote bag made of recyclable material (shredded documents)

At the 100 bitcoin level I will release nude photos of space aliens kept secret by government agencies

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

jony ive aces posted:

wasn't that the whole plot to goldfinger

if the fed's wallet.dat is deleted gold is irradiated my net worth will go up up up as a result!

Bitfinger kills ladies by painting them in blockchain

Also he owns a big wasteful heat generating device

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

No I think it was more like Zardoz, except you feed the stone head while it says "The Greed Is Good"

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

AlsoD posted:

I'm the soldiers reaching to help their fellow who fell in rather than saying "free market, bitch" and ignoring him

By sinking to the bottom of the see he shall hodl forever. Don't forget to tip the ferryman

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Did people ever figure out what price Tweedledee and Tweedledum bought in at?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FCKGW posted:

it was a little before the second bubble, around the $125-$150 range I believe.

Let us hope for a new milestone in laughs

duTrieux. posted:

ever notice how people who claim that there's no point in voting are almost always white?

voter turnout amongst Hispanicans tends to be pretty low

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Heresiarch posted:

i went to a substantial amount of effort this morning to fight my way past a severe psychological episode so that i could go vote, because i knew i would feel even worse later if i didn't

gently caress these people

look at it this way, at least you didn't have to fight traffic

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Nintendo Kid posted:

id just kick him in the nuts

Man why didn't Lowtax try this against Uwe Boll

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

you keep what you kill

Riddickcoins can only be mined in the dark

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

how do you polish a bitcoin

Turdcoin

someone note the time

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Those poor poor strawberries

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Boxturret posted:

Half dollar

I'm my illiterate

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

When youRe running T1000s you gotta cool that poo poo with liquid nitrogen

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Silk Broad

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

TVarmy posted:

what a big faux pas. you don't tip the bereaved, you tip the dead so they can tip the boatman after they've been goxxed off the mortal coil (the blockchain of mortal souls mined by the fates).

send all tips to 1sineater

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FCKGW posted:

there was another one where some was threatening suicide and a bitcoiner tipped him 5 cents with a "keep your head up" type post but I've never been able to find it again so this will have to do.

I just remeber when gox went belly up and all the dogers kept wowtipping everytime someone posted a sob story about losing a wife/savings

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

its about ethic in bitcoins

Camwhores accept butts to talk about buttcoin, but they won't have sex with me. They must be shamed with surprise sex threats on twitter

Midjack posted:

Welp, galtse has some competition now.

Who is Zoey Quinn

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Greed is eternal posted:

lol skyfall sucks

better than Quantum of Solace

then again Die Another Day was better than Quantum of Solace

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Statist secret agents burning my bitmines

Jonny 290 posted:

lol gold coffins

lol lol

your dad was showing respect and getting closure hth
also thats the sign of the cross
did he do left shoulder and right, or vice versa? literal wars have been fought over this

I like to think of it as goon's dad religiously cucking the mormons since the mormons are like the weird nerdy kids in school who struck it rich and have a chip on their shoulder about the popular baptists and catholics

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at Nov 10, 2014 around 04:40

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Hi Bitcoiners, I just wanted to let you know that you have more support than you realize. We at r/KotakuInAction know exactly how you feel because we're going through the exact same thing. I'm a member of both subs and keep an eye on everything, and I can't help but notice how much we have in common.

Just in case you don't know what i'm talking about, let me backtrack. KiA is a subreddit that was made to discuss the recent Gamergate controversy that's been lighting up the internet. I know what you're thinking: What the heck is that?

Allow me to share some info with you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsPai-0Ov8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipcWm4B3EU4 http://gamergate.me/ http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/e...mes-Journalism/

There's been rumblings of a civil war in the left between the moderates and the more extreme identity politiks known as “SJWs”- Social Justice Warriors.. Gamergate seems to be a part of that, and it has recently pushed a large amount of young democrats in a more libertarian direction. What really set the entire controversy on fire was the "Gamers are dead" scandal: 12 Gaming magazines released articles claiming that gamers were dead, on the exact same day. We discovered a secret group of journalists were colluding to manipulate the content of the newspapers, akin to JournoList. As you can imagine, things exploded after this. That was three months ago. This is now. We’re still going strong, but we need backup.

Just like Bitcoin is a decentralized currency, Gamergate is a leaderless consumer revolt that's aiming for a free-market in games media, one that's free of corruption. I personally believe that Bitcoin can be a huge help with this thanks to the incredible blockchain technology. http://redd.it/2ggkgp We’ve repeatedly asked for the media organizations involved to talk to us, but instead they have continued to slander and insult their own readership, claiming that they’ve done no wrong. It’s been a horrible past few weeks. http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/199...t-just-go-away/

The reason i'm posting this here is because we're looking for allies in our fight. Like you, we've been getting a lot of heat in the media lately. They've told incredible lies about us, and engaged in character-assassination. Like you, we have to deal with paid shills and trolls running rampant, trying to stir up trouble and destroy us from the inside. Most people in KiA are left-libertarian or anarcho-capitalists/anarchists just like here. We even have our own version of r/buttcoin- it's called r/gamerghazi, and just like buttcoin everything there solely exists to mock and debase us.

People in support of our campaign decided that enough was enough, and that Gawker Media- the largest of the 12 websites responsible for the vicious “Gamers are dead” attacks- Needed to come down. In desperation, we launched a consumer boycott of the website that consisted of emailing advertisers. It’s called operation Disrespectful Nod: http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php/...srespectful_Nod http://wiki.gamergate.me/index.php/Boycott_List

It’s a complicated story, but if you want to know more feel free to ask away in the subreddit.

I understand if you don’t care, but we really are interested in partnering with Bitcoin in a mutually-beneficial way. If you help us take down Gawker by sending emails, we can help make sure that Bitcoin plays a part in the next generation of online games journalism.

I want to find people interested in helping create a new Journalism website that would use Bitcoin + other cryptocurrencies to crowdfund writers via microdonations. In this way, the corrupting influence of advertisers and special political interests would be removed. The Bitcoin community has a large amount of technical expertise that would be really helpful to get something like this done. If successful, it could drive major adoption of bitcoin for use as a digital game currency of some sort. If anyone is interested or knows someone who could help, please reply or send me a PM. Thanks for reading, and we await your replies.

same

except for ethics in buttcoin.

FCKGW slept with BFL labs

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

§20 says disruption is bad

I didn't know the FTC had an app. Are the cool kids using it?

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Long story short, some guy who plays poker for dooojcoin is called out as a scammer, a bunch of people share their brilliant insight into his character
http://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...alert_trueshak/

quote:

I just wanted to post in this thread that I believe I have also been scammed by TrueShak. I can't say for sure that I've actually been scammed-- all I know for sure is that I gave him 3 bitcoins about seven weeks ago and have not been paid back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

they gave him the coins

why would he 'pay back'

You want your money back? Push me all-in bro

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FCKGW posted:

Also Bitcoin is back over $400 so I guess it's time to close the thread this train is on an unstoppable trip to the moon.

"Don't me turn this car back to Scottsdale. Alright now that you're behaving we can go back to the moon"

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Kinda like that time I bought a car from a dealership with 100k miles on it because I was an rear end in a top hat for asking if it was actually new

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

FCKGW posted:

mods

please

This is the graph they submitted as evidence

Created a chart for the run-up to the peak and nothing after. GG guys.

You see Your Honor this log graph represents my ownership of you over time

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Buttheads have also said "we should all agree bitcoins are worth a higher value and it will be so"

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Bitcoin stu likes logarhythms

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

i'm going to lose my apartment because my refrigerator won't loan me a few ApplianceCoins to pay the rent this month

gently caress youcoin got mycoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 3, 2005

The Management posted:

they spent all of those slides explaining what money is to a conference of money professionals

I can't get over the fact that these Harvard blue blood geniuses who are the real brains behind Facebook basically gave a high school PowerPoint presentation to some big kids

• Locked thread
«16 »