Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Another potential option is to do the in emulator recording that just saves your inputs instead of making video, then record that because framerate doesn't matter if you're not playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

LordHippoman posted:

Reclassing is something I'm thinking a lot about when we get to that point. I usually preferred to not reclass in Shadow Dragon for whatever reason (Sorta because nobody had a personality in that game and really, their classes were the only memorable things for some of them), but then I did a special playthrough where I drafted characters with a few other people on SerenesForest and we rolled dice to determine what class they'd be. Ended up with some really crazy poo poo and it was fun.

I'm thinking I'll probably leave a lot of those decisions up to the thread if people are interested in that.

For the record, I'd be interested in that. However, due to the timezone I'm in, I usually miss most thread votes as they tend to happen while I'm asleep, so don't count my interest too highly as it won't necessarily translate into voting. (Unless you leave the votes up for multiple days, which brings in its own problems by delaying the update schedule every time there's a vote). If nobody else expresses interest in voting on reclassing, then you might be better off making reclassing decisions yourself.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Dr. Fetus posted:

You could try using VirtualDub and recording your footage from there. It also acts as a video editor, so you can capture the moments you want seen as videos or GIFs more easily. Of course if that also drops your FPS, sorry. But recording a video and grabbing screenshots from that makes your workload so much lighter.

Cake Attack posted:

Another potential option is to do the in emulator recording that just saves your inputs instead of making video, then record that because framerate doesn't matter if you're not playing

Huh. Interesting. I'll have to play around with that when I get to the chapters I haven't screencapped yet. Might be best to try it on one of the bonus maps, just in case, since those are easy to do a bunch of replays of. I think I have VirtualDub downloaded but not installed, and I can look at the Desmume recording options easily.

Tax Refund posted:

For the record, I'd be interested in that. However, due to the timezone I'm in, I usually miss most thread votes as they tend to happen while I'm asleep, so don't count my interest too highly as it won't necessarily translate into voting. (Unless you leave the votes up for multiple days, which brings in its own problems by delaying the update schedule every time there's a vote). If nobody else expresses interest in voting on reclassing, then you might be better off making reclassing decisions yourself.

It probably wouldn't be a big, formal vote, just more of a "Hey, is there any interest in making Steve an archer instead?" and then absorbing the consensus of "gently caress no", for example. Or if someone suggests a reclass and people like the idea of it, feel free to let me know. Votes can be tricky because of time zones, I know, and I sometimes like to do chapters two at a time.

Not going for an optimized turn count or anything, just want to recruit everyone and beat the game to show off an FE that most people never saw. (Although I'm surprised by how many people in the thread are familiar with it. That's cool. I didn't know a lot of people played the New Mystery remake, especially the translated version.) It's no FE2 in obscurity levels, but still.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

But recording a video and grabbing screenshots from that makes your workload so much lighter.

This depends a lot on the game. For something as static as FE I find it both faster and easier to capture directly from the game than going over a video for caps. Especially if recording that video results in slowdown.

Of course, it does require you to time it right and not start hitting the button before all the text is on screen. :cheeky:

It is a good idea to some battle animations though - the occasional gif always spices things up.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Part 5: The First Bandit Chapter

Welcome back. Last time, we all sat in a narrow hallway and hit a foreign woman with a lengthy pointed stick. Also we learned that Marth, in the paraphrased words of his sister, is "a useless gently caress".

Anyway...

: Yeah...

Steve thought she was just in a very well scented room. Not that she can smell either. What senses does Steve have?

: Just walking around here makes me feel rejuvenated, in a way.

: Oh, by the way...we're lost, aren't we?

: ...

: Hey, Steve the Timid, wasn't this supposed to be...y'know, a shortcut?

In the forest of the blind, the idiot with the green hair is king.

Evidence suggests that he wouldn't be able to even if he wanted to.

: I-I'm really very sorry...

: It's fine. If we march all night, we can make up for lost time.

Ah...! Please, wait! Could that be...?

: Over there! That village is under attack!

If a village was within eyesight why didn't we just ask for directions? :confused:

This guy looks trustworthy enough.

Nice mask. This guy is named "Legion" in his cameo appearance in Awakening.

Oh hey, actual danger! (This does not change the gameplay at all)

So, as the map begins, we're clustered in the top left corner here. Athena has joined us since the last mission, and she is by far our most powerful ally. She could probably solo this chapter, maybe with a vulnerary or Wrys healing.

That said, we don't want to do that. Athena is my last resort here, because everyone else is so far behind her in level, and they need the experience more than she does. Good to have in reserve, though.

There are two hunters to the bottom right here that the camera wouldn't let me scroll to and still keep Caeda in frame :argh:

Hunters are a unit type that I think is exclusive to Shadow Dragon and Heroes Of Light And Shadow. They are basically archers with less skill and speed, but more damage. Similar to Myrmidons vs. Mercenaries.

You might also notice those axe wielding sprites. Those are Barbarians. They have absurdly high strength, and suck at roughly everything else.

That turban guy with the bag is a Thief. Thieves are quick and skillful, but extremely fragile. They can also open chests, doors, and destroy villages...but none of that matters in this chapter.

I'm using the forts to keep Luke and Ryan in a good tanking position. Ryan actually has better defensive stats than Rody...despite his lack of melee weapons. Maybe I was wrong about this guy.

Immediately 2 of them rush Ryan. He lives with 4 HP. Totally planned. Not luck at all. :smuggo:

Then a hunter comes after him and...

1 health and...uh...Ryan? Why are you glowing like

AW poo poo.

That's a critical hit. It deals triple damage. There is basically nothing left of that hunter but little bits of Ruffian strewn about Altea now.

Oh, one of the hunters goes for Luke too. Meh.

But at the start of our second turn...

Hey, do you see that bandit? Right there? One tile east? Okay.

I don't follow that logic. Rody could be the commander then.

: Very well, I shall join you. The name's Merric. I'm a mage from Khadein. Your orders, please!

Merric is another character returning from the first game. He's Marth's childhood friend, and a pretty solid mage.

At the start of Turn 2, most of the enemies are clustered around Ryan in the top fort, except for one hunter in the southwest...conveniently slightly off screen :argh: :argh:.

So I'm going to try and use everyone to hit these guys, for experience.

Merric does about the same damage as Steve right now.

Pretty happy with the damage Luke is putting out there, even if it's against a Hunter and not a melee class.

...:sigh:. Must resist...

Ryan lowers the thief's health enough for Steve to burn him down.

Rody just...I dunno. He's not quite doing as well as Luke. He got a pretty good level, but we'll see if he can keep that up.

Caeda doubles this guy to finish him off. She's doing well, but that's not surprising.

Some enemies drop items. These are labeled in green in their inventories.

Wrys heals up Ryan, just for the XP.

But there's still a bandit left, and I don't really want to run the risk of him caving Steve's head in (These barbarians can double Steve and murder her in one round), so...

Eh, whatever.

All we have left is the boss, and he has a Hand Axe. He'll stay still on that space, but having a ranged weapon means we can't just plink away at him with a ranged character all day.

Oh, this happened too. Thanks, Wrys.

Just moving all our units southeast towards the boss. I can pretty much spend as much time as I want now that only the boss is left. I want everyone who can do damage to do so, to maximize EXP gains.

Yikes. That's a fair amount of damage, but I think I can finish him off in this turn. If not, I have Athena and or save states

This boss has a creative name. That's all I have to say about him.

Hum some music and slow scroll this, pretend it's a cool montage instead of my lame LP.

(Yikes, Steve is super fragile. She also needs some speed.)

I'm gonna start saying what stats I want Steve to get out loud, because it seems to work. I will accept anything that helps her not melt instantly.

Well. Uh. :toot:

That one was pretty boring. I apologize. Here's a ton of dialogue.

: Um, Steve, maybe this Merric is a friend of Prince Marth...

How many Merrics do you know, Katarina?

I knew a Merric in real life. It was high school. He lost a Mountain Dew 2-liter and put up wanted posters for it. So whenever I see this character, I think of a stoned teenager searching desperately for his gently used soda.

: I heard he even fought alongside Prince Marth during the War of Shadows. Wow, I-I'm a little nervous now...

Dew jitters.

I think there was even a reward for the mountain dew. It was more than the cost of a new 2-liter of Mountain Dew. Can you tell I have nothing to say?

: Could you lead me to Altea Castle?

Womp womp waaaaaa.

Anyway, here's a new scene.

: Roro.

: Ooh, Kleine. Didn't you have something else to do?

Kleine is another new character to the remake, along with Roro, MU, and Katarina. Interestingly enough, there's another Fire Emblem character named Klein. (Interestingness may vary)

This plan may or may not be any good, considering one of the head conspirators is a masked man who makes monkey sounds.

Worked for that crazy guy in Suikoden V. I liked that LP. Vilkacis has an avatar referencing that LP. So it's related to this thread. I'm not babbling. Here's a new cutscene.

EDIT: I just realized he did that LP. So that makes sense.

: ....

Don't talk about Steve in the past tense! (Last terrible joke for this update referencing an unrelated game, I swear.)

Well, it was pretty easy. Ryan gibbed a guy.

: I didn't count him amongst the dead. It's a little worrying...

I'm more worried that Steve is sifting through corpses after her first actual battle. :ohdear:

: Well, it's okay. We did beat them in the end! Heehee, all this worrying's gotten me hungry...Come on, Steve, let's go and find something to eat.

Why are we trying to find something to eat in Marth's room? Are we raiding his fridge?

: Commander Steve and Katarina, of the 7th Platoon, reporting as ordered, sire.

: Please, calm yourselves. You may stand at ease.

: Yet you summoned us so suddenly, milord...

Subjugated=Murdered

: Are you, sire, reprimanding us for disobeying our orders?

: Not at all–it's quite the opposite.
Your actions have saved many. As ruler, my duty is to protect my people, and I am truly grateful for what you did.

Oh, hey. Go us. :unsmith:

Actually it was one of the easiest so far. :shrug:

: I hear from Jagen that you've been exemplary cadets.

D'aww, that old softie.

: Why, the both of you are suitable for the Altean army. Should the two of you pass your test, I'd love it if you would become my Royal Guards.

Steve, it's not that tough a concept.

Poor Marth. He's clearly been talking to his sister.

I just like that last line.

Young, dynamic, blind, pyromaniacs, corpse-sifters...

And with that, the chapter just kinda...stops.

That was a pretty dull chapter, with a ton of dialogue that didn't really tell us anything. However, the next one shows off a few new mechanics, so it should at least have some more content that's not just talking.

Next time, Part 6: Schrodinger's Frey.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 31, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Not going for an optimized turn count or anything, just want to recruit everyone and beat the game to show off an FE that most people never saw. (Although I'm surprised by how many people in the thread are familiar with it. That's cool. I didn't know a lot of people played the New Mystery remake, especially the translated version.) It's no FE2 in obscurity levels, but still.
A little while back we had "Fire Emblem Appreciation season year", and most of the official Fire Emblem games (as well as a few FE hacks) ended up getting LP'd; that's where a lot of the Fire Emblem avatars came from. FE games make for good avatars. That's also why I'm here actually, I joined SA for the FE5 LP and the Marty Party!:toot:

Sidenote, it's been funny seeing some of those avatars over in D&D and Ask/Tell, and recognizing the FE people outside of LP/Games.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

fade5 posted:

A little while back we had "Fire Emblem Appreciation season year", and most of the official Fire Emblem games (as well as a few FE hacks) ended up getting LP'd; that's where a lot of the Fire Emblem avatars came from. FE games make for good avatars. That's also why I'm here actually, I joined SA for the FE5 LP and the Marty Party!:toot:

Fire Emblem Appreciation Year came in two waves as I remember. Season 1 was 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 and an attempt at 8 that fizzled out, then Season 2 was 6, the run of 8 that finished, 9, and 12. There were LPs of 2 and 3 in there (DKII's FE2 LP is still ongoing), but hell if I can remember when they were.

poo poo, I'm pretty sure we even had all the Advance Wars LPs in there at roughly the same time too. It was a pretty great time and I don't know if we'll ever have something like that randomly pop up again.

E: For content, I still find FE11 and 12 really boring, from both a mechanical and story perspective. IntSys made no effort to disguise that they were literally taking (S)NES games and prettying them up, with all the missing and weird mechanics. Reclassing is cool, I guess (and I like the implementation a lot more than Awakening's), but the heavy shift to a defensive focus by nerfing the avoid formula fucks over pretty much everyone who is not a General or Warrior and MU aside, the story is extremely bare bones and most of the characters are non-existent. I mean, for gently caress's sake FE12 has a playable roster of something like 76 units, and 50 of them probably get no more than 5 lines.

E2: I still want that Reverse Lunatic Classic run, OP. :colbert:

Artix fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 29, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Artix posted:

Fire Emblem Appreciation Year came in two waves as I remember. Season 1 was 1, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11 and an attempt at 8 that fizzled out, then Season 2 was 6, the run of 8 that finished, 9, and 12. There were LPs of 2 and 3 in there (DKII's FE2 LP is still ongoing), but hell if I can remember when they were.

poo poo, I'm pretty sure we even had all the Advance Wars LPs in there at roughly the same time too. It was a pretty great time and I don't know if we'll ever have something like that randomly pop up again.

E: For content, I still find FE11 and 12 really boring, from both a mechanical and story perspective. IntSys made no effort to disguise that they were literally taking (S)NES games and prettying them up, with all the missing and weird mechanics. Reclassing is cool, I guess (and I like the implementation a lot more than Awakening's), but the heavy shift to a defensive focus by nerfing the avoid formula fucks over pretty much everyone who is not a General or Warrior and MU aside, the story is extremely bare bones and most of the characters are non-existent. I mean, for gently caress's sake FE12 has a playable roster of something like 76 units, and 50 of them probably get no more than 5 lines.

E2: I still want that Reverse Lunatic Classic run, OP. :colbert:

Oh. Yeah, I have a 2013 regdate, so I'm not familiar, I guess. That's interesting, though. I actually read that attempt at 8 back before I was a member. The only Advance Wars I ever played was Days Of Ruin, which I guess depending on who you ask was great or terrible.

And, while I actually really like FE12, I'll agree with you on the characters thing (And just about everything about Shadow Dragon). Nobody is really interesting if they were in the original game. It's miles ahead of Shadow Dragon, where Bord and Cord both had one line, their death quotes, and it was like: "Ngh, Captain Ogma!" versus "Ugh, Captain Ogma!", but there's a part about halfway through (Spoilering just in case) where Three random Sable Knights come barging in at the end of an unrelated chapter and just kinda join you and sit in the back of your roster for eternity and it's just confusing and unneeded.

That said, the new stuff I found generally pretty good. Eremiah is one of my favorite villains backstory wise, and I'll have a lot to say when we get there. I feel like the Base Conversations add enough to make every character not a total snoozefest, but if you compare it to something like Awakening where all the characters have pages upon pages of dialogue and personality, it's easy to see that these are remakes of old games.

I should really get around to playing 4 and 5 one of these days, they're the only games I haven't tried in the series.

(Also Reverse Lunatic should probably be left to somebody who knows what they're doing and not the guy who still has to double check what skill and luck do before every update.)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

You got me playing this game again.

On the subject of Rody, I've played this game probably a dozen times now, and this latest attempt is the only time I've gotten a good Rody. His balance of growths just seems to make him very susceptible to the RNG's displeasure, and the formulas in this game don't value the stats he has over his counterpart; while Luke will generally be hitting harder and surviving longer, Rody may be dodgier and sometimes hitting more often, and as others have said relying on evasion is not a winning proposition in this game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cake Attack posted:

Does this actually work for a game like Fire Emblem? I mean, couldn't the RNG do something different when playing back an input recording?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ChaosArgate posted:

Does this actually work for a game like Fire Emblem? I mean, couldn't the RNG do something different when playing back an input recording?

The rng seeds from the system clock in the ds games, which most emulators can set. So if he were to lock where the clock was and record from startup it should work. The GBA Fe's had a fixed way of seeding the rng that would also let button memory work as a recording.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

FE12 is my favorite game in the series, hands down. Mostly because it is the one game in the series where IntSys really nailed the hardest difficulty. Enemies hit really hard but don't get very significant durability boosts leaving both you and everything you fight perpetually 2HKOed. The stat caps and evasion formula really discourage low-manning, they wisely keep some overpowered resources (warp) from the player and the Prologue gives you a controlled environment to raise a few early game units a bit so that the early game isn't just the Jeigan Power Hour. I wish the usable roster was bigger (only about 35 units are at all competent and a good chunk of those are only useful because they have natural Staff Rank) and there are one or two maps that are really poorly designed but you can't have it all, I guess.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
@FE12 characters:
The base conversations between characters thankfully add a bit of flavor to the inflated roster. Thing is, who is going to bring the pile of incredibly lovely units through eighteen chapters to see their conversations? There are only about 30 non-prologue chapters, and the deployment slots rarely even reach 12.

Last playthrough, I cheated myself with infinite Bond Drops (a DLC item that maxes all of a unit's supports) and just handed them over like candies to the benchwarmers. It made the experience quite more enjoyable and I got to read first-hand the dumb explanation as for why there are no more playable ballisticians.

Miacis fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 30, 2014

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Miacis posted:

@FE12 characters:
The base conversations between characters thankfully add a bit of flavor to the inflated roster. Thing is, who is going to bring the pile of incredibly lovely units through eighteen chapters to see their conversations? There are only about 30 non-prologue chapters, and the deployment slots rarely even reach 12.

Last playthrough, I cheated myself with infinite Bond Drops (a DLC item that maxes all of a unit's supports) and just handed them over like candies to the benchwarmers. It made the experience quite more enjoyable and I got to read first-hand the dumb explanation as for why there are no more playable ballisticians.

I would like to know this cheat. And others. Is there a cheat that removes gender restrictions on class swapping?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Part 6: Schrodinger's Frey (Battle Prep)

Alright, I'm trying something new from here on out. From now on battles are divided into a preparation screen and an actual battle. Since I know some people don't give a poo poo about the preparation stuff, I'm going to try out making that its own separate update. This also should let me update more frequently in smaller chunks, so the posts don't take as long to scroll through and read. If you're really opposed to this, let me know. I'm still new to screenshot LP, so advice is helpful.

Without further ado:

We begin with an unusual sight. Luke in thought.

This is probably my favorite line. SOLDIER OF LOVE.

:iceburn:

: I mean, people think Ryan is a "cutie," or Rody is "Ohmigosh, so cool!"

They clearly did not see Ryan covered in the blood of that poor hunter from last update.

Aww yeah. Steve is moving up in the world.

: That's when I realized: it's my hair!

Steve is fed up with Luke's bullshit.

This plan clearly has no flaws.

:iceburn: :iceburn:

: Apparently, today, Sir Jagen wishes to have a word with us before training...

I wonder if Jagen is popular with the ladies? I think he's still got it.

Really? I thought it was more of a week.

Does Marth just sic all his old friends on the recruits, but some aren't handily deleveled from last game?

: Of all who remain, there are only twenty names.

Knowing Jagen's counting skills it's probably more around 5. Maybe there never were any other platoons at all :tinfoil:.

: As such, we will be introducing lectures to advise you.

The game now becomes an endless parade of Steve taking Gen Ed. classes.

:aaa: Frey? The hell are you doing...not dead?

Okay, so this might take a little explaining. In the prologue to Shadow Dragon (Only playable on Normal Mode), Frey is one of Marth's allies. At the end of the prologue, someone has to disguise themselves as Marth and be caught by the pursuing enemy to ensure his escape. They die as a result. Now, in Normal, you can choose who it is, but in Hard mode and above where the prologue is skipped, as well as in the original game where Frey is not present, it's canon that Frey is the decoy/sacrifice.

But I guess he's okay. Yay?

Jagen, we were in actual danger last time. You're a little late.

So why has Frey returned from his grave?

To give tutorials.

: Before you fight your enemy on the battlefield, you must ensure that you are sufficiently prepared. Selecting those who will fight, organizing their weapons and items... Steve, you will do all these things, as part of your role as commander.

Oh hey, menu options.

: Talking to your party members will often yield tactical advice.

: When you come to a new battlefield, it's always a good idea to check if anybody has something to say.

Frey is kind of a liar here. Half the time it has nothing to do with tactics, and more about "Hey, remember this character from Shadow Dragon?" or replacements for the support conversations from several other Fire Emblems.

So here we have the Prep screen. Some of these options (Save, ...Options) should be fairly obvious, but I'll explain the others we have available.

All maps have a unit cap, and Pick Units lets us select who we're sending into each map.

By default, it's the first 5 on the list for this map...but I'm just not feeling Rody. He feels a little redundant with Luke around, and we'll get plenty of cavaliers. So I'm benching him for now. If there are any huge Rody fans who really, really want to see more of him, I guess I could throw him back in, but for now, I'd rather have a healer to keep the units I want to level safe. Even if it's Wrys. I love Wrys.

Check Map lets us look at the map before the battle starts, and swap our units' starting positions around. Taking a peek at the boss here, it's Draug! Draug is a character so boring his name is literally "guard" backwards. He's also a Knight, which means Steve might finally have her time to shine! (Or Merric, but gently caress that guy :colbert:)

Inventory lets us swap items between our units. Those last two options will be explained later, but Trade lets us trade items between characters, List lists all the items we have sorted by categories, Items lets us use items like stat boosters inbetween maps, and Merge lets us move all the items from one character to another.

Guide is sort of an encyclopedia. You can look up things about the various people, places, and things in the game. There's also a relationship chart. It's not super interesting, but if you want to see it, it's on Serenes.

Anyway, time for the meat of the update, the Base Conversations. These are, to my knowledge, not written out anywhere on the internet, so I can't cheat and just use the script if I forget stuff. Thankfully, screenshotting is easy in dialogue screens.

I'll go from the bottom up...

Talkin' Grandpas with Jagen

I like the phrasing of "picked up". Like he just found baby Steve on the ground and was like "Sweet, a free child."

:gonk: Jeez. No wonder Steve is so hosed up.

Insert your own "elderly people" joke, I'll just throw out some starters.

Shuffleboard

Prune Juice

AARP

:wal:: "And if you don't wash my drat hut I swear to god I'll strangle you with your dumb mask, whippersnapper."

Or just being the player avatar.

Fascinating.

Lot of things on sale, Stranger

Huh. The other platoons apparently do exist.

What is Jagen doing to these people?

Said weapons may be only slightly powerful.

Katarina has underworld dealings?

Katarina slowly slides the butterfly knife back into her pocket.

Last one...

MacGuffin Chat With Frey

Also a sword. But the shiny thing helped too I guess. (It opened chests)

This is kind of a dark moment in the first game, where Nyna tells Marth about how she saw them hanging up her family's corpses. Nintendo!

Well, we're pretty much their vassal state.

So, that was a lot of talking. That's about as much backstory as was in Shadow Dragon entirely. Seriously, this game steps it up in the dialogue department. But next time we'll get back to the action. See you then, if you haven't all deserted the thread after reading this update.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
So I'm gonna come clean and just say that I was part of the translation team for this game, and pretty much in charge of editing the script after our translators were done with it. If there are any questions about the text/story, or our process, I can probably talk about it. I don't want to outright reveal who I was on the team though. My job, along with a few other people, was to take the rough text provided by the translators, and then turn that into something that read fairly similarly to FE11 (like that "lone romp" line, which I thought was a very FE11 Marth thing to say when I wrote it, though I did wonder if it was a tad overwrought and still do).

I think the biggest challenge that came up, and this was kind of brought up by all the people complaining about how bland the characters are even with base conversations, was trying to "find" a personality for them, and oftentimes even inventing a speech pattern or gimmick that would represent their Japanese gimmicks, because god knows FE11 was useless in that regard if it didn't involve Marth or Jagen.

Looking at this stuff too, our earlier work was a lot rougher, and I think that you guys will notice a general uptick in quality as the game goes on, and we all get better and become more confident in our writing. Aside from the Luke dialogue, which I had a lot of fun with, a lot of the initial chapters or base convos we worked on were less "localized" and more "proofread". As we went on, the active editors began to play a little more with things, and I think that as time goes on, you'll notice that difference. I guess I'd like to go back and fix a bunch of things, including all the "alright"s I can see that are making me mad now, but the sheer volume of text, and the relative rush with which we got the patch out meant that a few things, unfortunately, slipped through.

So yeah, if anyone has any burning questions about the translation, I'll be happy to share my stories.

e: if y'all think that we did an awful job, that's cool too and I'll be happy to keep any criticism/suggestions in mind for Awful Emblem. I can only hope to keep improving as I do this stuff, and it's cool to hear other people's thoughts on my work regardless of if they're positive or negative.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 30, 2014

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Lotish posted:

I would like to know this cheat. And others. Is there a cheat that removes gender restrictions on class swapping?
There might be a quicker way to do it (like an actual cheat code) but this worked for me:

quote:

You need to use the translated version of the game, and have access to the Convoy.

1 Finding the address range for your Convoy's items.
1.1- Store a weapon/item with an exotic number of uses in the Convoy. Example: an Iron Bow with 36 uses
1.2- Look for the digit of your stored weapon in the list. Ex: Iron Bow = 27
1.3- Convert the number of uses to hexadecimal. Ex: 36 bow uses, 36 Dec = 24 Hex

These values are stored like so in memory: 00ZZ00YY, with
YY = Item digit
ZZ = Uses left on that item

2 Searching and tweaking.
2.1- In Tools > RAM Search, find your combination as 4 bytes, hexadecimal. Ex: Find 00240027
2.2- Note down its address. It should be around 022CXXXX.
2.3- In Tools > View Memory, jump to your address and you'll see a block of values in the 00YY00ZZ format (the other way around). These are all your stored items.
2.4- Add your desired item in 00YY00ZZ format after the end of that memory block. Ex: Bond Drop (C0) with 99 (63) uses = 00C00063
2.5- Go to the Inventory screen to refresh your Convoy. The items are now in your convoy.

Paraphrased from this source which also contains the aforementioned item list.

Posting this here in case someone else is interested, or if the OP wants to try it out for exclusive footage of all those fancy conversations. Having infinite base convos does give a truckload of temporary boost items, but they all can be sold for 0G so it's not exactly game-breaking unless you go out of your way to abuse them.

SC Bracer posted:

So yeah, if anyone has any burning questions about the translation, I'll be happy to share my stories.
I heard about something involving a certain Vergil... :allears:

Miacis fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 30, 2014

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Miacis posted:

I heard about something involving a certain Vergil... :allears:

Sorry dude, but I joined the project a couple of months after all of that blew over. What I can say though was that the Vergil Incident ended up splitting the original team up, and for a while you had Arch hanging out in one thread, and the rest of us hanging out in our clubhouse secretly. People were loving mad about Vergil for a really long time, and you may or may not have missed out on Vergil Emblem: the Vergiling.

It also led to whatever the gently caress this was supposed to be, when they did the initial polling for a new name:

quote:

Well one of my peeves are when different Characters names start with the same letter. Only expection would probably be twins and I would prefer their names rhyme like Vouslain & Clain

- Dougson [Like a Star Wars Pistol called Dougson Pistol]

Characters "I made up" [I made them for a Cartoon...in my Head...Setting: Dreams...Showname: Montage...I'm letting you have them]
- Cree [A person of both Sides, is Half of Coir & Clance, Comes from Grey. 75% Energy/75% Matter]

- Clance [A Energy type, one with Magic & Speed, Comes from Blance, French for White. 90% Energy/10% Matter]

- Coir [A Matter type, one with Strength & Defence, Comes from Noir, French for Black. 10% Energy/90% Matter]

- Cray [A person blend of Energy & Matter, Comes from Gray. Blended - 50% Energy/50% Matter]

- Chris [My Character/Actual Name in Montage. I play as a Character who controls Energy & Matter in the DreamWorld and my Dream Character is Cray. Organic - 25% Energy/25% Matter. My 1[Cray] in 4[Clance/Coir/Cree] Characters are based on Science/Periodic Table. I would love to tell someone, but I'm going to limit myself.]

Going with a Rule that Raiden & Robert[5 Characters after R]
- Rockee [The Fault Line[Hits Enemies with Wide Range"X"]. Raiden The Yard Blade[Attacks at a Distance]. Robert The Weapon's Specialist[Uses less Weapon EUR].

[5 Characters after R & No letter is the Same as AIDEN or OBERT]
R A I D E N | R A I D E N | R A I D E N
R O B E R T | R O B E R T | R O B E R T

R U C K U S | R U G R U E | R U T A N E
R I O H A N | R I D G E E | R I M A A N
R E Z I G E | R E D I C E | R E G U S E

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 31, 2014

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

So I'm gonna come clean and just say that I was part of the translation team for this game, and pretty much in charge of editing the script after our translators were done with it. If there are any questions about the text/story, or our process, I can probably talk about it. I don't want to outright reveal who I was on the team though. My job, along with a few other people, was to take the rough text provided by the translators, and then turn that into something that read fairly similarly to FE11 (like that "lone romp" line, which I thought was a very FE11 Marth thing to say when I wrote it, though I did wonder if it was a tad overwrought and still do).

Just my two cents, I like it. It takes a lot to really give any personality to Shadow Dragon's cast outside of Marth, Tiki, Nyna, Gharnef, and maybe some of the bonus map characters like Athena and Ymir.

With such a huge cast, it kind of becomes necessary, I think, to do some pretty one note personalities, but at least they're personalities. Reminds me a bit of Chrono Cross, where characters were mainly separated by weird verbal tics, but I like this better. Even if the base conversations are pretty simple, it gives most characters like 10 times the lines they had in Shadow Dragon.

I'll try to show off all I can in the thread, though it will of course depend on what characters I end up using.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

:byodood: FILTHY DEVILS! :byodood:

bring in the salt

Come on Rody is not "ohmigosh, so cool". He just looks that way from standing next to Luke.

And yeah, Jagen totally still has it. The only real competition he gets is from Wrys. :swoon:

SC Bracer posted:

I'll be happy to keep any criticism/suggestions in mind for Awful Emblem.

And here I was just wondering how that was going. Got any exciting news?

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

vilkacis posted:

And here I was just wondering how that was going. Got any exciting news?

Still workin' on it! We have a couple more chapters written and designed, but not inserted yet. It's still happening we swear!

Edit:
Also I'm glad to see a FE12 LP so I never have to play it myself.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm enjoying this! Nice work so far! :3:

Also, you have Chris in a line in an update.

"Um, Chris, maybe this Merric is a friend of Prince Marth..."

Edit:

poorlywrittennovel posted:

Edit:

Indeed.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

poorlywrittennovel posted:

Still workin' on it! We have a couple more chapters written and designed, but not inserted yet. It's still happening we swear!

Do you have a thread for it somewhere or something?

quote:

Aw come on, I know everyone hates Shadow Dragon, but this one isn't that bad, honest!

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

I'm enjoying this! Nice work so far! :3:

Also, you have Chris in a line in an update.

"Um, Chris, maybe this Merric is a friend of Prince Marth..."

Aw poo poo, my secret reliance on the Serenes script for dialogue bits I choose not to screencap has been revealed!

(I'll fix it, thanks for the heads up.)

vilkacis posted:

Aw come on, I know everyone hates Shadow Dragon, but this one isn't that bad, honest!

This is the line I use on my friends when I'm trying to coax them into playing this game. I am usually rebuked with "So is there a Bord, Cord, and a Dord now?"

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

vilkacis posted:

Do you have a thread for it somewhere or something?

No we currently just use the FE Megathread in Games if we have things to post. There was a demo released back in August, skim some of the last posts there to find it.

And with that I'll stop hijacking the thread unless Awful Emblem chat isn't minded by OP.

Enjoying the LP so far. Never played this one, but I saw parts of the last FE12 LP so I remember some of what happens.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

vilkacis posted:

:byodood: FILTHY DEVILS! :byodood:

bring in the salt

Fun fact, after I read the archived I, II, IV, Tactics, and V over the last couple months, I was going to do my first Screenshot LP of Suikoden: Tierkreis.

I played like an hour in and wanted to put my head in a vise. I think Fire Emblem is working out better anyway.

FPzero posted:

No we currently just use the FE Megathread in Games if we have things to post. There was a demo released back in August, skim some of the last posts there to find it.

And with that I'll stop hijacking the thread unless Awful Emblem chat isn't minded by OP.

Enjoying the LP so far. Never played this one, but I saw parts of the last FE12 LP so I remember some of what happens.

Nah, feel free to discuss it if you want. I don't mind people talking FE in here, keeps it more lively, and less focused on my terrible jokes. I already learned the dodge formula is different in this one.

Gonna take screencaps of Prologue 6 later tonight, hopefully, if I don't have to be getting up and answering the door every 20 seconds to pass out candy. I'd dress up as Steve but I don't think I can pull off the hair. Or the mask. Or the gender.

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

LordHippoman posted:

This is the line I use on my friends when I'm trying to coax them into playing this game. I am usually rebuked with "So is there a Bord, Cord, and a Dord now?"

Translation team, since I know one of you is here, I am sad there isn't a Dord. I have suddenly felt like some lonely hollow has opened up -- like I thought things were OK, but then they weren't, they weren't all along, and I never knew.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

Gonna take screencaps of Prologue 6 later tonight, hopefully, if I don't have to be getting up and answering the door every 20 seconds to pass out candy. I'd dress up as Steve but I don't think I can pull off the hair. Or the mask. Or the gender.
Just put out a bowl, with a simple note:

"If you take too much, my crazy grandpa Jagen will appear from the grave and drive you crazy with boring lectures."

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

LordHippoman posted:

They get enough personality in the new one that there might as well be.

Side note: All the Luke dialogue is making me really happy because that was something we worked on much later, when Agro was like yo let's spice this up and make it more faithful to the spirit of the Japanese (which was also all about making GBS threads on Luke but in the initial translated draft, we lost most of that and Luke's doofiness), and it's great. This bit is probably one of my favourites in the script for comedy.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

SC Bracer posted:

They get enough personality in the new one that there might as well be.

Side note: All the Luke dialogue is making me really happy because that was something we worked on much later, when Agro was like yo let's spice this up and make it more faithful to the spirit of the Japanese (which was also all about making GBS threads on Luke but in the initial translated draft, we lost most of that and Luke's doofiness), and it's great. This bit is probably one of my favourites in the script for comedy.

That's probably the highlight of the prologue for me. Thanks for sharing that, it's pretty interesting.

Tried to do screencaps tonight, but I might have to redo my strategy for this chapter, because I keep loving this up. Might have to use Athena, as much as I'd rather not give her too much XP.

EDIT: Well it turns out I'm dumb as hell and all the enemies won't bum rush me if I just lure them out.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 1, 2014

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

Better: A Bord, Cord, and a CHAR. :kamina:

FPzero posted:

No we currently just use the FE Megathread in Games if we have things to post.

There's a Fire Emblem megathread? :psyduck:

Why was I never told

LordHippoman posted:

Fun fact, after I read the archived I, II, IV, Tactics, and V over the last couple months, I was going to do my first Screenshot LP of Suikoden: Tierkreis.

If no one does it before 2020 or so, I'll probably be forced to, just to get it done.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Wasn't it said in some book somewhere that Frey escaped after being tortured or something, and that's why he's still alive?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

Wasn't it said in some book somewhere that Frey escaped after being tortured or something, and that's why he's still alive?

I think it does get explained later, in a base conversation or something.

It's still pretty obviously a retcon though, since the transcript for the scene in FE11 is:

Jiol:
“This is…the wrong prince? No! You dare make a fool of me? Kill him! Make this faux prince SUFFER!”

*Death Music plays*

Frey:
“Count this knight honored to die in the service of his prince. Live, sire, and grow strong…”

I'd be interested in a book though. Kinda baffled as to how they could make a whole book with a plot as bare bones as FE11, unless it was one of those Hyrule Historia fun facts type things.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

That scene map also involves rescuing Gordin, who has been disguised as an enemy soldier. Since he's an archer and just not that good in general, I like to sacrifice him, and he's got a special quote for it too. Basically, "Welp, I was dead anyway so I guess it's okay."

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 1, 2014

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Lotish posted:

That scene map also involves rescuing Gordin, who has been disguised as an enemy soldier. Since he's an archer and just not that good in general, I like to sacrifice him, and he's got a special quote for it too. Basically, "Welp, I was dead anyway so I guess it's okay."

Another choice would be to sacrifice Jagen since everyone else can be good eventually, and you don't need him on normal mode. In the harder modes, you don't get the choice. But you might actually need an archer more than another cavalier.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I really like this game for some reason. I'd guess it's probably the difficulty? Sure, you can't dodge worth a drat, but your units are powerful enough and reclassing is versatile enough that it hits a nice sweet spot between "why is everything made of pain" and "BOW BEFORE YOUR NEW GOD, PUNY MORTALS." The latter's fun, but it wears a bit when every modern FE bends that way.

Also, flier death squad. Between stats, mechanics, and join times, there isn't a game in all the series with better fliers. (If only because Galeforce shows up hilariously late in FE13.)

I'll have to see how the mage MU turns out; I did both playthroughs with a Male Fighter. On one hand, I should put in more variety, on the other MU is like one of three good pre-premotion axe units in a game with Berserkers. So... Yeah. I love the game and everything (in part because it's pretty well-localized!), but it's a textbook case of The Early FE Axe Problem.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Part 6: Schrodinger's Frey (Battle)

Alright, time for the actual map. If you're really OCD and love checking the Lpix URLs, you might notice it jumps from like Capture88 to Capture150. I had to retry this one a lot. It wasn't super hard, I just totally hosed up a pretty simple mechanic. You'll see what I mean.

As soon as we enter the map, Cain starts talking again.

The guy loves his dramatic pauses that I already spoiled in the last update.

Oh, hey, I have something else to say about Draug! At the end of the Shadow Dragon prologue, Jagen talks to Marth as they're escaping Altea. If Jagen died in the prologue, sacrifice or otherwise, Draug talks to him instead.

The lines are exactly the same.

Shadow Dragon! :effort:

Finally, Steve might be able to do a significant amount more to the boss than the others.

Suddenly, another cavalier appears...

It's the new recruit Katarina mentioned.

You can just imagine Steve shrugging at the camera and rolling her eyes under the hair.

They do not actually talk after the battle. This is Steve's way of getting out of awkward talks.

Altea is currently under sanctions for WMD production.

This will prove more tedious than necessary.

So, here's Cecille. As a unit, she's got great skill and speed, but she's totally made of paper. Her base stats are pretty awful as well. With time, Cecille can grow into a decent unit, but there's really not much reason to use her when the game just tossed two better Cavaliers at us.

I think reclassing her into a myrmidon or Peg. Knight would be a good way to take advantage of her growths, but it doesn't fix her defensive issues.

What's more interesting to us is her inventory. She's got Steel Weapons, D rank items that are an upgrade to our current stuff. We'll want to distribute those, but Trading does take up a turn.

So, looking at the enemies on this map, Draug is the greatest threat, but the mage and archer can wreak havoc on Not-Caeda and Caeda respectively.

There's a safe zone from the mage for Wrys in that bottom corner, so I swap him down there, while using Caeda to lure the mage.

Trading with Cecille gets Steve Elfire, the next upgrade in magic. Should help her deal more damage against some of these guys, at a cost of a little accuracy.

Ryan trades for a Steel Bow and one of the Steel Swords...

Which I hand off to Luke.

So, hopefully this works out. The most important thing here is not to aggro Draug by stepping in his range. That's what hosed me up on previous attempts.

The archer goes for Luke, which is fine with me, he can take it.

That is substantially more worrying (And I forgot to equip Elfire), but the positioning of my units makes it so no other enemies can hit Steve right now, so she'll live.

She also retaliates, because Steve is an easily angered person and stabbing her in "mock combat" is a good way to be lit aflame.

:byodood: WRYYSSSSSS!

He's okay. Like Steve, I laid it out so he could only be hit by one enemy, forcing the mage to go after...

Caeda, who he does the least damage to out of anyone on our team.

So here's how things look at the start of the second turn. Most of these enemies can be killed in one hit now, except by Wrys. Which presents a bit of a problem, but I'll get back to that.

Unfortunately, the archer is going to take 2 hits, and stepping in melee range will pull Draug, meaning I want to use two ranged characters.

Like these two!

The soldier that rushed Luke is low on HP, so I send Cecille to clean him up.

Meanwhile, Caeda's speed makes her able to double and kill the mage from full health.

Not bad. I wanted Def here, for a reason you'll see in a second, but it didn't end up mattering.

We now have the problem of that soldier having too much HP for Luke to kill on his own, and Wrys being useless in combat. Luckily, there's a solution. I'm going to form a HUMAN BOX

The idea of the HUMAN BOX is that all the units surrounding the soldier block his movement, and force him to attack one of them. So if they can all survive one hit, I'll be able to make it to next turn. For this reason, Wrys has to down a Vulnerary.

As suspected, he goes for Wrys.

Now I can use the ranged characters to empty his health bar.

Pictured: The last fleeting health point of a man burning to death. Steve laughs.

I have Wrys heal up Luke, because it's time to take on Draug.

The Lure strategy never fails us.

Draug is bulky, but slow, giving Luke a double hit on him. That damage is no joke though, so we'll want to finish him quickly.

Ryan is able to chunk him down to 12 HP...

And gets another solid level off of it. I'm really appreciating Ryan in this run.

I heal Caeda with Wrys, just for XP.

Steve, true to promise, gets to finish Draug off.

More like boiled you inside of it, but I guess so.

I am convinced that Strength level is there just to spite me.

Uh. I dunno what happened here. But Steve got a Vulnerary. Also the map ended. Just trust me on this. Let me see if I can...here we go:

MAP CLEAR

:toot:

Nobody tell him we just cheesed him with the bait trick.

And with that rather little fanfare, the chapter is done and we move on to a short scene.

: I... I'd like be a Royal Guard, if you're in with me

Katarina just wants a life where she isn't in the same platoon as Luke.

There's a choice here, but the bottom screen got cropped. But come on, why would we be dicks to our best friend?

Well, Wrys isn't here, but Katarina's pretty cool too I guess.

: Well, this is a little awkward... I should get to bed. Good night, Steve. Good luck for tomorrow.

Huh. Well, I suppose that's as non-jilted and straightforward of a goodbye as we can get out of Katarina.

That concludes this part. Next time, we'll be encountering our final test as junior knights in Part 7: Graduation Day.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Part 7: Graduation Day (Prep)

Welcome back. Last time, we overcame Draug the armor knight with the power of meatshields and fire shooting.

Cain, I like you and all, but you've been in like 3 cutscenes and didn't bother even showing up the one time we were in real danger. You're not great at this.

: Though your individual strengths vary, there exists no doubt of your excellence. Thus, today we will hold your final practical exam. Make sure that you are thoroughly prepared.

I like to think the first part was a subtle jab at Cecille and Rody.

Wait, what? That was it? Uh. Okay.

This chapter is pretty much a filler chapter. I guess we had to graduate from Junior Knights somewhere in there. There's still going to be a lot of chatting in base conversations here though, so if you aren't interested in those, feel free to cut out once I'm done with this strategy stuff.

Our boss fight this time around is, big surprise, Cain himself. I mean, there's no way it could have been someone else, right? I'll cover that when that character actually appears

Cain has no easily exploitable weaknesses, because Caeda left her superweapon in her closet or something. He might be a little tough.

This map has the most enemies thus far, but a fair amount of room to maneuver around and 6 deployment slots. Also lots of forts, which I will most likely feel less happy about when the chapter actually starts, though you'll see what I mean.

Cecille would be dead weight here, so I'm swapping her for Draug, our best tank so far.

(I also just noticed Luke is still level 2. I thought I was using him quite a bit? Guess he's just not killing much.)

And it's dialogue time. The rest of the update is this, so sit back and get ready. Going from the bottom up...

:smith: Marth :smith:

Ah yes, Mt. Exposition, an Altean landmark. Frey loves it here.

(Goddammit, blink animation)

: Sire...

I do like the Marth/MU dynamic here. The guy really has no friends his age, and it's pretty clear from this and the Elice scene earlier how hosed up he is over what happened in the last game.

I get the feeling Jagen isn't the best grief counselor either.

It's a good thing Frey miraculously lived, then.

:unsmith:

Geez. Elice was blunt, but she was right. Marth is not okay. I didn't say much there, but I think that scene speaks for itself pretty well. This next one too.

:smith: Katarina :smith:

Expositon Forest! (Sorry, sorry.)

"My eyes bleed clear."

Steve is the most gung-ho little pyromaniac.

Katarina is pretty dependent, it seems.

In Which Cecille Does Something Good

I guess this is the "After the Battle" talk mentioned in the last chapter that didn't seem to happen.

I don't think Steve will have a problem with that.

:gonk: Luke, never use those two words that close together. This isn't FE4.

Yes.

Yessssssss.

Heh. I almost want to use Cecille after that, but unfortunately she's...bad. Or at least she always has been for me. I'm sure someone's had a great Cecille that they'll slap me with after I post this.

:words: with Frey and One Sweet Turban

We just talked to him, though? Maybe I should be reading these top to bottom...then again, Frey probably doesn't know about that talk.

su·ze·rain
ˈso͞ozərən,-ˌrān

noun
a sovereign or state having some control over another state that is internally autonomous.

Thanks, Google.

Hardin has a brother who is technically king of Aurelis, so I guess the debate was between them? However, his brother doesn't even get a name, so I suppose the conclusion was inevitable.

Sweet turban.

:eng101: The conversation they're flashing back to here was only available by having Marth talk to Hardin in the 5th chapter of Shadow Dragon. This makes Hardin one of the few characters to get dialogue in that game aside from a recruitment/death quote.

They met like 30 seconds ago. Marth is...uh...something.

Katarina gives a "..." here, but I missed it.

Anyway, that's the prep stuff for Prologue 7. Next time, we face Cain and graduate from junior knighthood!

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Oh good, I'm glad training is proceeding as planned and that there's nothing suspicious going on in the background whatsoever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cecille is a tricky character in my experience. Her best chance to have generally good stats before promotion is to stick with Cavalier to maximize her strength and defense growths (45% and 30% respectively) but those are only 5% better than swapping to Peg Knight at the earliest opportunity and treating her like a discount Whitewing. I've actually had success raising her as a mage (50% growth in magic; better than Merric's!) and then reclassing her to sword master once Levin Swords enter the game.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 2, 2014

• Locked thread