Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Wait you went with a mage MC? Why in the world would you do that.

And yeah, this game has the tendency to retroactively make Marth wimpier/give him serious PTSD so that the PC can step in and fill his normal, heroic role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
Mage MC is worst MC since it reduces the amount of time your team can be entirely made up of flying death machines :colbert:

Also no one can dodge for poo poo with the formulas used so good luck.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion

Tax Refund posted:

Never enough Fire Emblem LPs! :toot:

Also, apart from Steve's Luck-only level up at level 3, looks like your levels have all been pretty good so far. Which makes me worry about what the RNG is storing up for you... :ohdear:

Finally, let me add my thanks to Miacis for fixing the squished Steve portrait. I didn't notice it until he pointed it out, but now that I've seen it, it's bugging me -- so I'm glad it will be fixed now.

That's about all I have to say for now, but I'll be following the thread with interest.

Naw, this game ascribes more to the FE8-10 EVERYONE GETS GOOD GROWTHS style than FE11's "have fun with one or two +1s fucker!" growths style. Also reclassing. There's also characters who just have insane bases Palla :swoon:

Krumbsthumbs posted:

The dodge formula in FE6-8 is Speed x 2 + Luck + Terrain + Support Bonus.

The dodge formula in FE 12 is probably the same as FE 11 (Shadow Dragon) which is Speed + 1/2 Luck + Terrain Bonuses.

Awakening does 1.5X speed I think, so its alright. In general speed is pretty much an offensive stat in this game and you better get some actual tanks. No FE4 and 7-10 sending the mage with no defense or HP into 10 enemies and laughing as he dodges everything here!

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion
I kinda appreciate how this game makes defense and HP something to actually worry about, but SD also did that.

As fun as dodge-tanking everything with mages, mercs and mryms is its nice to have some variety in the series.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

2nd Battalion

fade5 posted:

You could always make Steve a Pegasus Knight. You can never have enough flyers.:getin:

This Also put poor Ryan in a class he can get some speed in. 5 speed is shameful for anything not a knight

• Locked thread