Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Oh hey cool another Fire Emblem LP.:toot:

Getting in on (mostly) the ground floor, FE games are always fun.

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Also no one can dodge for poo poo with the formulas used so good luck.
This is the biggest difference I've had to keep in mind when switching between the GBA Fire Emblems, Awakening, and this game/Shadow Dragon. "Dodging" is almost a foreign concept in FE 11/12, and as such Vulnerarys/healers are much, much more of a necessity; you can't just throw someone into a fray of 8-9 enemies and expect them to come out just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Not going for an optimized turn count or anything, just want to recruit everyone and beat the game to show off an FE that most people never saw. (Although I'm surprised by how many people in the thread are familiar with it. That's cool. I didn't know a lot of people played the New Mystery remake, especially the translated version.) It's no FE2 in obscurity levels, but still.
A little while back we had "Fire Emblem Appreciation season year", and most of the official Fire Emblem games (as well as a few FE hacks) ended up getting LP'd; that's where a lot of the Fire Emblem avatars came from. FE games make for good avatars. That's also why I'm here actually, I joined SA for the FE5 LP and the Marty Party!:toot:

Sidenote, it's been funny seeing some of those avatars over in D&D and Ask/Tell, and recognizing the FE people outside of LP/Games.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Yes.

Yessssssss.

Heh. I almost want to use Cecille after that, but unfortunately she's...bad. Or at least she always has been for me. I'm sure someone's had a great Cecille that they'll slap me with after I post this.

Lotish posted:

Her best chance to have generally good stats before promotion is to stick with Cavalier to maximize her strength and defense growths (45% and 30% respectively) but those are only 5% better than swapping to Peg Knight at the earliest opportunity and treating her like a discount Whitewing. I've actually had success raising her as a mage (50% growth in magic; better than Merric's!) and then reclassing her to sword master once Levin Swords enter the game.
I've done both of these actually (because come on, how could you not use Cecille after that introduction:allears:) and Cecille turned out good both times. For going physical, I switched between Cavalier/Peg Knight based on the map (post-promotion you can even make her a General for defense). Going magic is also cool like Lotish suggested, Cecille can even use Nosferatu to offset some of her squishiness.

Cecille would be completely loving awesome in FE6/7/8/Awakening since Speed/dodging is king in those games and Defense is less important, but this is FE 12 so you always have to be aware of her somewhat low Defense.

LordHippoman posted:

I was never good at reclass juggling, but that's interesting. Although this game is full of good Pegasus Knights and we have a Mage MU, so we should be okay (if Steve ever loving gains Mag again)
More flying units is always good. You can never have enough flying units in this game.:colbert:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 3, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

EclecticTastes posted:

You're forgetting her speed growth, which is quite respectable. Though, her skill growth is a paltry 30%. I got lucky playing with her last time, and she managed a solid total, but she's normally going to have pretty low skill. On the other hand, pretty much all the good characters in the game come with good enough skill growths that you won't miss all the Secret Books if you give them to her. I basically have her and Merric as my magic-users, most runs.

EDIT: Unspoilered, I forgot we met Merric in the prologue.
On a couple maps I'll usually have Malicia and Merric (or whoever I'm using as the Magic user+healer) reclass and switch roles. It serves a dual purpose of getting both units some dual experience with Tomes+Staves (which is really useful after promotion), and it gives the healer a few extra points of Magic they normally wouldn't get.

When using Mage Cecille I did the same thing, but she ended up getting 3 Magic level ups in a row as a Cleric anyway; apparently she's focused on violence even when she can't attack.:allears:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Dr Pepper posted:

It's kind of balanced out by how literally nothing in this game has any resistance.

LordHippoman posted:

I have not heard of Mage Malicia before, but with everyone talking it up I might have to give it a shot.
Do it. Like Dr. Pepper said, nobody has any resistance, so Malicia can easily start barbecuing everyone now instead of having to wait until after promotion. It also means you can also show off how reclassing works.

Hell, in Shadow Dragon I reclassed the first healer (Lena) in that game to a mage for like half her levels, and by the time she promoted into a (reclassed) Sage she had a C in tomes and a B+ in staves and could slaughter everything. The game gives you an earlygame Healer? gently caress that, have her barbecue the poo poo out your enemies instead!:black101:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 13, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Leave him as an archer for now. Is there any downside to reclassifying him from archer to myrmidon and vice versa depending on the amount of fliers in a map?
Well, he starts at E Swords, which limits his effectiveness as a Myrmidon. Also, any weapon EXP he gains as a Myrmidon will be wasted if his final class can't use Swords. (I think LordHippoman said he wasn't playing with reclass limits unlocked, which is a bit unfortunate since otherwise Ryan could eventually reclass into a Horseman to use Swords and Bows.)

That's why reclassing magic units between Mage and Cleric/Curate works so well, promotion allows you to use all the built-up Weapon EXP to get a jump on healing/attacking. Draug as a Hunter is a useful physical reclass since he's good as a Hunter and can also can use the Bow EXP as a General.

Ryan: Leave him as an Archer.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 16, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Krumbsthumbs posted:

This is a horrible lie and you should feel bad for saying it. You should have as many fliers as the game allows you to have because gently caress being slowed down by forests and mountains. Also every Pegasus comes with their own 90 day mage killer warranty that you want since everyone else has poo poo for resistance.

Embrace the flying platoon, they'll bring you home safe.

Einander posted:

Catria doesn't need a Cavalier class change like Caeda does, but it still helps. +5% Strength/Defense does a lot more for her than 15% Speed when she still has a 65% growth rate as a Cavalier... Plus, the Sword ranks are good for Falcoknight later.

Keldulas posted:

Ah Catria, not only does she have basically the best growth spread in the game, reclassing actually does bonkers for her. It's not like the game doesn't have maps where terrain is basically absent, or that you're ever short on cavalier reclass shots when it comes up. Whenever you can cavalier her, she can train swords while still having her lances, or just use the freaking lady sword.
Look at all these correct opinions. Yep, switching between Cavalier and Peg Knight flying death squad as needed is awesome, and the Lady Sword makes it all the better since starting with an E sword rank doesn't mean poo poo when you've got a 12 might E-rank sword available.

Since Cecille can reclass to Pegasus knight, I also consider her an honorary member of the flying death squad. Embrace the flying death squad, they'll bring you home safe.:black101:

E: Also, believe it or not the Lady Sword is less broken here than it was back in FE3. Back then it had the same might, hit, and weapon rank, but it also had +10 Crit and was super effective against Thieves, Bandits, Pirates and Barbarians.:stare:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 21, 2014

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Julian is a pretty unique character. He has low strength, and isn't very durable, but his speed and evasion helps him quite a bit. He's not really meant for combat, though. Julian has the ability to open locked doors and chests. He's a good utility character. He cannot be promoted, though, and only goes up to level 30. There's one other thief in the game, but he's not much different.
Well that's news to me, I always treat Julian like a somewhat squishy frontliner. He's not exceptional in combat, but I find he can hold his own pretty good, and that's all he really needs to do anyway. I usually give him an Arms Scroll to get him out of Iron Sword hell, because starting at E-rank Swords sucks.

quote:

drat, Malicia! That's almost a perfect level! And Strength is never going to be relevant for you so...drat, that's a perfect level.

Holy poo poo Malicia, AGAIN? Missing Def this time but...drat.
Malicia is telling you she wants to be a frontliner. Listen to what she is saying, and reclass her into a mage so that she may embrace her destiny!:black101:

quote:

Lang runs for the hills. :haw:
Hey Lang, get the gently caress out of those blue duds. You're an enemy now.:colbert:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 19, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Here's my preliminary lineup for this map. Marth is required, Steve will be good against the huge amounts of Knights on this map, Arran is still useful, though I could probably replace him with someone like Warren for more ranged damage or Bord/Cord to use that Hammer we got. Ryan is still demolishing all in his path, and Luke/Catria provide mobility, which is good here for reasons that will become apparent.

I'm also considering maybe Palla instead of Catria, or a reclassed Malicia instead of Steve. Feel free to let me know your opinions.
YES YES YES do it, Malicia's path to greatness must begin now!:getin:

Semi-serious: A bunch of slow, no-resistance Knights are the perfect units for Malicia to make her attacking debut against, especially since there's no need for a healer on such a small, quick, low-deployment map like this. (Also Malicia had better learn to fight, because Caeda is gonna loving kill her for trying to go after Marth like that.:v:)

I'd also probably take Palla instead of Arran (while still deploying Catria). More fliers rule, you keep the good mobility that Arran would provide, the map's short enough that it makes little/no difference in strategy anyway, and it means the EXP will be going to a unit with actual long-term potential.

Oh, and more fliers rule.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
You could always make Steve a Pegasus Knight. You can never have enough flyers.:getin:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

I can't even be mad about that Mag growth anymore. Just stare blankly at the screen.
Strength, Skill, Speed, and Luck. Steve isn't suggesting anymore, she's telling you she wants to be a Pegasus Knight (and a good one at that). Listen to what she's saying. Don't worry, Malicia can take over Mage duties.:getin:

quote:

And thus, Malicia's streak of godly levels was broken. And she still gets Mag.
She got Magic and Speed, that's all she needs, especially since she's got Nosferatu.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 28, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Miacis posted:

Mage Fighter Levin myrm? Hell yeah. Steve shall be Robin before Robin even existed, except with a much better sense of fashion.
Okay now Steve has to be a Myrmidon.

Hell, Myrmidons ever have a 5% Magic growth, so maybe that'll be what it takes to finally get Steve some Magic.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

It's official, Steve has decided she wants to be a Levin Sword Myrmidon/Swordmaster, and it is now time for her to embrace that destiny!:black101:

Seriously, 4 Mag at level 12 is loving pathetic, even considering she's a Cleric. Time to cut our losses and just go physical, especially since Steve's gonna start at E-Swords and that she'll need to start training her weapon level up as soon as possible.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 9, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

You can also chain fights together to increase your max number of fights won in a row. I'm not sure if this does anything, but eh.
One advantage to chaining fights is that your opponents increase in level, which increases the experience you get. Notice how the first opponent is level 2 and the second is level 5.

quote:

I went ahead and gave Julian a bit of a boost. (His total is 370%, so that theory is looking pretty solid)
I usually give Julian ~7-8 levels this way (spread out over a few chapters) to get him up to fighting shape.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Rickard isn't great. His stats aren't as good as Julian's, so his only real use is utility. On a few maps with lots of chests, he can be useful, but keeping him up to level is a pain, and on a run where you don't care about turn counts, I wouldn't bother with this guy.
I honestly don't know what the point of Rickard even is; he's straight-up inferior to Julian, and there are very few maps where you need two thieves (especially since Marth can act as a semi-thief with the Fire Emblem). He's even recruited by Julian, so why not just... use Julian.

Especially when Julian is actually semi-good at dodging poo poo.

quote:

And I figure it would be best to finish Lang off in the most humiliating way possible. Remember Malicia's introduction?

REVENGE

R.I.P. Lang. Charbroiled in his own armor by a ten year old girl.
I'm glad to see Malicia is happy to fill magical gap left by not-Mage Steve; I approve wholeheartedly of this transformation, and apparently so does she.:getin: The Nosferatu trick earlier in the chapter was basically how my Mage Cecille run went, since squishiness doesn't mean poo poo when you can just instantly heal all the damage back.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 22, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Honestly, from a few chapters from now, a lot of the recruits start to fall off in usefulness. And nah, I don't think you're bitching too much, I like this game, but I won't defend every little thing about it. It's not perfect.
Really it boils down to all the mostly-interchangeable characters this game throws at you. By the time this chapter rolls around you've already got not just Ogma but a bunch of other good sword users like Marth, Luke, Rody, Cecille, Sirius, Julian, Frey, and three fliers who do great as temporary Cavaliers: Caeda, Palla, Catria. That's already 11 potential sword users who are almost guaranteed to be as good or better than Caesar and Radd. And here you've also got Myrmidon Steve, which just adds insult to injury.

Also, the dodge formula in this game means that speed-based characters (aka Merc/Myrmidons/Thieves) aren't as good here as they would be in other games. Caesar has really good bases for any of the GBA games, but he doesn't have the GBA games dodge formula.

Finally, presented without with one comment:

fade5 posted:

Okay now Steve has to be a Myrmidon.

Hell, Myrmidons ever have a 5% Magic growth, so maybe that'll be what it takes to finally get Steve some Magic.

LordHippoman posted:

If that works the LP might be over because I will spin into a cycle of madness that ends in me somehow unhinging my jaw and swallowing the laptop, which would ironically probably be one of the lesser tech issues that has popped up so far.

LordHippoman posted:

And Steve leve-

levels..

fuckin' hell
I await your (continued) descent into madness.:v:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LifeofaGuardian posted:

Even more amusing that Norne makes a great General while I think somebody said either in this thread or Tenacrane's that Draug makes a much better Hunter/Sniper
That was me/general reclassing advice I got from Serenes:

fade5 posted:

Draug as a Hunter is a useful physical reclass since he's good as a Hunter and can also use the Bow EXP as a General.
As a reclassed Hunter, Draug has great bases coupled with great growths:
HP: 60%
Strength: 45%
Skill: 45%
Speed: 75%
Luck: 40%
Defense: 30%

I personally tried out Hunter Draug on a New Mystery playthrough and he was an absolute beast the whole time. After reclassing his only weak point is his no longer good defense, but since he's a Hunter he attacks from a distance anyway. Once he promotes he can either be an awesome Horseman/Sniper, or he can reclass back to a General with high Strength/high Defense/capped Speed and great weapons ranks in both Lances and Bows.

Either way, he kills EVERYTHING.:getin:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 6, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

: This won't kill me. Not while this war rages. I swear it on my honor as a knight. This will likely be my last war. I don't want to leave with any regrets.

: Sir Arran... Why are you pushing yourself so hard...?

: You asked me before what it means to be a knight... Long ago, I went astray... This war shall be my redemption.
--
So, uh, yeah. That's why Arran has such godawful growth rates. He is slowly dying throughout this entire game. The next support is even more :smith: if you can believe it.
I got this conversation in a previous FE12 playthrough, and this is where I started to actually like Arran (I usually dislike Jeigan types).

The explanation for most Jeigans as to why they can't fight very well is that they're "old"/past their prime; I've never liked this explanation because as Niime and Athos (and Awakening Tiki) show, you can still kick rear end even when you're older than dirt.

Arran has a valid reason for not being very good in a fight: he's literally a half-dead corpse who's continuing to fight out of sheer force of will. Looking at it from that perspective, it's amazing that he's able to stand, much less fight. But he continues to fight anyway.:black101:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

This is a reused map from the prequel. There are quite a few of them in the game, the last one was also in the prequel. Though, you were going from North to South instead of the other way around.
I remember this map from Shadow Dragon, mainly because I had Sage Lena literally facetank Gharnef for the entire chapter. Neither of them could damage each other at all, it was hilarious.:haw:

This is why I love reclassing so much. Malicia went from being a non-attacking healer to being front-line magical nuke in the space of less than 10 levels. Seriously, 12 magic, 12 Speed, and 18 luck on a level ten mage? I love it when a reclassed unit goes and exceeds all expectations.:eyepop:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 27, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Give Marth the boots. Since IntSys was dumb and made him the only one able to visit villages he needs to get there fast.

And yeah, Astram isn't too hard to kill, especially if you're only playing on Normal/Hard. He was a lot scarier back in FE3 when all stats except HP capped at 20 regardless, and a bunch of things like the prologue chapters/MU/Barth/How's Everyone/re-classing/forging/the Wing Spear didn't exist.

Noelor posted:

Though I guess that assumes you'll be keeping the dancer all the way through the game. I tend to prefer bringing an extra unit that can actually kill in other FEs, but I also play hyper-defensively by preference and it seems like this game's not willing to let you do that so much?
Part of it goes back to the avoid formula again. Since dodging is harder in this game, the strategy in this game tends to lean more towards aggressively attacking the enemy rather than waiting for the enemy to come to you. Feena is definitely a good choice for the Boots, but since Marth has to do so much walking he generally gets more use out of them.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 8, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
BS Mission first.

This chapter is one that really highlights just how terrible everyone's resistances are in this game, combined with the lack of dodging ability. Even with Resistance buffing, the Mages will tear you to shreds if you're not careful with your positioning.

quote:

Sirius, with his solid 6 Res, makes for the best lure on this side.
This quote physically hurts me for how true it is. 6 Resistance is considered "solid" in this game.
The Shaver guys are terrifying, and when luring Elrean you just better hope he doesn't crit and undo all of your hard work.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

There are seven enemies on this map. They are all Roro. The top row of three Roros are stronger than the bottom four Roros, and have Killer Axes and Hand Axes. They don't move. The bottom Roros have Hammers, and will move.

This looks easier than it is. Reinforcements are involved. If one of the bottom four Roros falls, a new Roro will replace him at the start of the enemy turn, and since we're on hard, they can act immediately.
On Normal Mode this map is basically an experience pinata for Sword users and strong Bow users since the Normal Mode Roros can't attack on the same turn they appear. It's amazing how much this map changes between Normal and Hard just because of one simple change.

Also this is a fairly good map to train Julian if you choose to bring him.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I like this new style a lot.:allears:

And oh man, those loving flying Wyverns. On Normal/Hard they're not too problematic, but Lunatic turns up the dickishness to maximum by giving them 1-2 range. So it ends up being just like the previous chapter; your the strategy completely changes depending on what difficulty you're playing on.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

I will make Merric a viable mage if I have to shove Spirit Dust down his throat with a funnel. I have been burned TOO MANY TIMES FOR THIS.

I mean I could probably use Etzel instead but Merric's a bit better and has some special utility come endgame. Plus I think he's guaranteed to gain Mag on promotion, at least, and that's close.
One thing you could do is give Merric a level or two in the arena and "influence" it to ensure he gets magic on level up. It's what I'll do sometimes if I notice that a unit's starting to get a little bit stat screwed (but not unsalvageably) so in a single stat.

It's not cheating, it's just getting a unit back to their averages.:colbert:

Cause seriously that's just sad to see; he's not even at double digit magic as a level 17 mage.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

This is a good point to make, because it does prevent you from using the old FE7 tactic of "send in Oswin without any weapons".

Also I screencapped like the first...third of Chapter 12 today.

It uh. Might take me a while to figure this one out. I had forgotten that it forces you into a pincer attack and just how much damage the Fire Dragons can do. Haven't even gotten to the reinforcement Wyverns yet.

That said, it is a boatload of EXP, so some people might be promoting in the next chapter...limited Seals right now though, so if you'd like to submit input on what characters I should make priority, feel free. I think Steve is probably a shoo-in. Catria can use the Elysian Whip to save a Seal as well.
You know you can always forge your Wyrvern-killing weapons to make things easier. Since they're effective weapons, every extra point of might equals an extra 3 points of damage. I usually forge based on "how strong does this Dragonpike have to be for Minerva to one-shot the flying Wyverns" and/or "can my main Wyrmslayer user one-shot them" (and them maybe add an extra point).

One-shotting makes all the difference, since you can heal afterwards with minimal risk.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
I'd say use Julian, he probably needs some levels anyway. It's sad he's probably not up to C-Swords, because he usually rocks a Wyrmslayer alongside everyone else in this chapter the way I do it.

Oh, and definitely reclass Malicia to a Sage before you start. It'll get her more Magic and a higher tome level. Plus Sages look cooler.

This is why My Unit/the Avatar is amazing, they're basically impossible to screw up. Steve spent 10 levels as a mage, and yet she still has very good strength without any help.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

theshim posted:

Don't think we didn't see that point of Magic you got, Steve :argh:

LordHippoman posted:

Oh, don't worry, I noticed. I was quietly mourning.
So what I'm getting is that you should have made Steve a Sword-user from the start and then reclassed her into a Sage.:v:

Oh, on that note:

LordHippoman posted:

Also reclassed Mallesia to Sage, as suggested.
This is why reclassing is cool. Malicia's starting with a C in tomes and B+ in staves (and now already maxed out at A).

Also Catria has as much resistance as Malicia had as a Bishop, as if Catria wasn't broken enough.
:stare:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LifeofaGuardian posted:

The left village. Because it's harder to get to and thus it must be more useful!
(I took my time a bit too much with this map and failed to save the left village :saddowns:)
I agree with this reasoning, left it is.

Also, bring Julian and start training him up already.:colbert:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

If people really want to see Julian I'll try for him, sure. I have an Arms Scroll and some Armorslayers I can forge with, and he is legitimately pretty handy on this and the next chapter. He's a good character, I just kinda hosed up and left him behind because I tried to use too many people.
Do this. Also, you've got money right now, you could should get him a couple levels in the drill grounds as well so that he's strong enough to do stuff.

Julian's growths will take care of the rest, once he gets going he's fine.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
...I just realized you already did a forge for this chapter with that Steel Lance, so no forged Armorslayer.

Take Julian anyway.:colbert:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Ah, Arena Abuse, now it's a real LP! Really though, the line between Arena use and Arena abuse is fuzzy and depends mostly on an individual's playstyle.

Getting a little extra money is nice, especially for getting someone like Julian caught up and/or forging weapons; I usually end up doing something similar in most playthroughs for helping whichever character is lagging behind.

And man, Abel and Dolph are pretty sad. By this point you're bound to have someone or multiple someones who are better than they are, and there's no compelling reason to use either of them since their bases and growths mean they'll be mediocre no matter what. Est can be trained/Arena'd into a flying death goddess, but Abel and Dolph are basically just a free Silver Lance/Javelin/Ridersbane.

Oh, and welcome to the bane of low caps.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 21, 2015

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Bring Feena. Trust me, it makes this map much nicer.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

vilkacis posted:

:haw:

That was... actually a lot better than I expected from the generic baldymen.
It's like Arran, the characters you expect to be boring/generic as all gently caress are actually pretty interesting.

But unlike Arran you have to go out of your way to get Dolph's/Macellan's conversations, there's not really a chance of stumbling on them accidentally.

biosterous posted:

help i'm dying
Katarina's not even that great of a Sage, and yet she has more Magic than Steve will ever have.

The universe continues to taunt Steve.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Stephen9001 posted:

Don't think we didn't see that Arena! I for one demand that you make things easy on yourself by using it to level Sheema and get mad cash that way. Unless you're too busy killing reinforcements of course.
This, but with Julian as well (again).

Don't forget, you can always bring Malicia with Nosferatu to clear a bunch of enemies in 1 turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

LordHippoman posted:

Oh, I just wanted Parthia in particular. She can still use the others as general, and next time I can get my hands on an Arms Scroll, I might keep her General.

Vyland is that one guy nobody likes. Roshea only gets to come along because he's probably Wolf's little brother or something, they both have purple hair. So does Maris, but she left early because of how godawful her family is.

Also, uh, fair warning. I just got done screencapping Chapter 19. It might take a while to get ready because it's loving enormous. Somewhere close to 200 screens. I was thinking of splitting it down the middle, but then we'd have "Update 36 Prep, Update 36 Battle 1, Update 36 Battle 2" and it would just get silly. I'll try to cut some of the more redundant stuff (Oh look, Barst killed another guy.), but it's just a really long map. I forgot how many times this one in particular tries to gently caress you over, and it has the hardest recruitment in the game. In short, there were a ton of failed attempts and strategies and screenshots. In graphic form:

gently caress chapter 19.
Eh, I'd say go ahead and do "Update 36 Prep, Update 36 Battle 1, Update 36 Battle 2". More screenshots makes the action easier to follow, and makes things flow better.

More updates are fine.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 26, 2015

• Locked thread