Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met somehow you managed to get an avatar that was even scummier than the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Beans are legumes.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Apparently I am in this game. I will catch up later today.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Ok so I read through the game so far while I was eating some eggs and while I am going to read it again later when I am not so tired I do want to say that I don't like the quick bandwagon on fits. Almost all the content so far has been setup spec which I really don't like and it looks like it was started by Met. With only setup spec chat a lynch on a guy who has basically only made like 2 or 3 posts isn't going to put town in a great position on Day 2. The scum team could also quite easily snipe a power role on N1 since a lot of people have been talking about what fruits they are, and the scum team could have more info regarding how flavor relates to any power roles. Fits you really need to do a better job explaining your vote. Going to look at the people voting Fit right now because I really don't like how many votes he has already.

Pmom - claimed miller and only setup spec in their posts. No explanation for vote but it wasn't a bandwagon, since it looks like it was the first vote. I don't think any of their individual posts are really scummy, but I am a little suspicious because it feels to me like scum are steering the discussion to focus on setup spec. Pmom explicitly told people not to post their roles, but didn't make any other cases or content for people to discuss other than the setup spec, so I could see a more seasoned player making a reverse psychology play.

Exakt Science - Unless there is some joke or reference I am not getting I don't see why you would think Abyssal Squid was lying about their flavor, since there are plenty of fruits with peels. Curent vote isn't pinging me as scummy since they did ask Fits for a more detailed case and didn't get one, so I could see a newbie town voting someone for that.

Hiipfire - I think his confusion about the mass claiming is genuine so I am feeling him for town. His vote is OMGUS but I have seen him do that recently in other games.

Abyssal Squid - I really don't like his vote its lazy.

Met - Pretty much nothing but role fishing which is super scummy.

The only other people I have any opinion on so far are Science of Suck (having two people with sos abbreviations is going to be terrible btw) and 100.

Science of Suck - I think is scummy because he put down a bandwagon vote on Exact Science's case against Squid for the whole peel thing; that vote to me looks like opportunistic scum trying to get on a lynch early.

100 - feels town to me. Mostly gut but he did question the case on Fits.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I understand the case against Fits. I would like for him to explain himself. I don't like that he is at -2 when there are 3 days left for D1, and if he were to get lynched there would be almost nothing for town to look back at for D1 content, and scum might have more info about role/flavor connections which could help them kill a PR on N1.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Its not uncommon for scum to get fakeclaims from the mod.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Really not liking Met's reaction to people questioning his mass claim strategy, and I think he is being really dishonest by just brushing off the idea that scum could have fake claims. I don't see how a town player could have that mindset where you are presented with a scenario that isn't wildly implausible (scum fake claims) and you just discard it and then go right back to the same argument you were making (no counterclaim of Orange). Being confrontational as scum in order to get people to back down from voting you is a legit tactic and he employed it in the first Bread Mafia. Abyssal Squid and Met are my top scum picks right now.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

lol @ Met trying to debate Harold Krell

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I might not be around for the deadline tonight so I am going to ##vote Abyssal Squid now.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

That Pmom flip makes Met look even worse imo. ##vote Met

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You are still actively ignoring the possibility of scum fake claims which has been pointed out several times. We have pretty concrete evidence now that claims are tied to roles and you are still persistent in your line of thinking, and that is why I think you are scum. It feels to me like you are doubling down and being aggressive as a defense, whereas a town player I feel would have accepted that their reasoning could be flawed and then turned to other avenues of finding scum. You still haven't really done any scumhunting - you are completely focused on rolefishing.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I seriously don't think a town player would be so focused on figuring out peoples' fruits. Scum would have more information at the beginning of the game on how flavor influences role and they don't have to worry about town players fake claiming, so trying to figure out the town players' flavor would help scum have a better shot at figuring out who the better NK targets are to get rid of power roles. You are only focused on determining data regarding flavor because you don't have to make genuine arguments regarding scumminness and can instead let the data make your cases for you.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

We have already had a nonstandard fruit flip (Tomato). Also according to your theory if I just reveal my flavor I am town so here it is - I am an apple.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You are looking to make cases on people based on WIFOM flavor (non-standard fruit = scum) while also giving scum information on potential town power roles. Your line of thinking doesn't require you to put any effort into scumhunting, its just a vehicle to look like you are actually casing. Unless something really crazy happens today I am not moving my vote off you.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

I just cased people quite rationally based on it. You don't like the premise so you dismiss the results.

Okay. :rolleyes:

The only results we have are Pmom telling people not to claim because flavor could be tied to role, you continuing to push people to flavor claim, and Pmom flipping with a nonstandard fruit and a special role. I think you realize you are going to get lynched and so are just trying as hard as you can to get people to reveal information about their flavor/role before you die.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

Arguing against me is pretty safe. I have an unsafe method of finding scum. You have some people vocalize support against me. When I flip town you'll claim it was my fault I was lynched. If someone counter-claims apple, you'll claim you were only fakeclaiming to toy with me. I actually think you're just a bad townie. No Scum would be foolish enough to put themselves out there on someone who will flip town and draw attention to them. Barring something other than aggressively trying to lynch me for not following your Holy Meta, I'm not interested in you today.

Its interesting that in your mind someone else claiming Apple could only mean that I made a fakeclaim, even though you think I am town.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Met posted:

I exclaimed my reason for not targeting sos today.

This is a scum slip - the language you use here implies you have to target someone, instead of just naturally scumhunting.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Nnnnnnno? That's really stretching, don't you think?

No I don't think its stretching, considering a very similar situation happened in a recent mafia game and the player in said situation ended up being scum.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Haha holy poo poo.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Why don't you agree with the lynch? I looked at your post history in this game and you haven't put forth any opinion on anything relating to whats been happening this game day, so saying you don't agree with the lynch looks suspicious.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##unvote for now we still have an hour and I really don't like that Hiipfire vote

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

HiipFire posted:

I don't agree with the lynch, because I feel like the only thing Met has done is obsess alot over the entire claming flavour thing, which to me just seems like a thing a town would do.

I kinda have to wake up early tomorrow so unless you're gonna ask me more questions I have to go to sleep now.

You were around at the start of this gameday when Met and I were going back and forth, so why are you just now coming in to give an opinion 1 hour until deadline when Met is at -1?

Also not liking EXAKT's post for similar reasons. I went back and looked at his history in this game and its a lot of defending his own actions but little casing or scumhunting. I am really starting to doubt myself now. Is there anyone in this game who has played with Met before? I think I was only in the first bread game where he was scum, so I don't have a lot of meta to go by, and I am starting to wonder if maybe he is just really hard-headed.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

No you came in to put Met at -1 while saying you thought he was town. It wasn't until after your vote that people are interested in your opinion, because that's a really scummy vote.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

We have 45 mins left; I am here and I expect 100 and probably Fits to show up since they both said they wanted to vote Met but were waiting for more discussion, so I don't think a NL is likely.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

I have been rereading this with some regularity and I am totally lost. I am still pretty upset about Met but at the same time a lot of arguments against him just don't hold any water at all. HiipFire hasn't posted for poo poo, though, and what little he's posted is... well. Not great.

##vote HiipFire

Which arguments against Met do you disagree with?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

This one, for starters:

Met never claimed pistachio. Nobody seems to be willing to point at Harold Krell for such a bluntly untrue statement. In fact, Harold's got the worst signal-to-noise ratio out of every single poster this game and nobody seems to be willing to call him on it. What gives? Other people have claims against Met but none of them are this lovely. Pintrest Mom and fits have much better cases against Met but I still don't think a mass flavor-claim is an inherently scummy move.

I think tomorrow we really need to look at Harold Krell and decide if we want him around any further or not.

I can't speak for other players, but from my (admittedly limited experience with him) Harold is a troll poster and I can't read him at all. Before I started playing I read a game where he was scum and just trolled all game, including his team in their scumdoc;he was also in the first game I ever played where he was town and didn't really act any differently. I am not going to let myself get hung up on trying to figure him out right now, since even if he is scum he will have teammates who I will have a better chance at reading.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Going to go ahead and ##vote Hiipfire because I really don't like his vote. I will be around up until deadline so I will switch my vote to Met if needed to avoid a NL.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Fits is the only person who hasn't voted, so hopefully shows up in the next 10 mins or so. I just find it really suspicious that people are coming out to say they think Met is town when we are at deadline, especially when this thread was quiet for so long.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Long story short I unvoted Met because Hiipfire made a really scummy vote post and now its between Hiipfire and Met for the lynch and I would like your thoughts.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Well you have about 3 mins to look into it.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

100 said he would switch

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

fits posted:

A vote on hiip would be a vote against chaff, mostly. Met I'm unsure of from today because I haven;t had the time to look, hiip is unlikey to ever contribute. gently caress it

##vote hiip.

this vote didnt register on vf

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

My picks for scum right now are EP, EXAKT, and either AT or Scrap. At this point I think the scum are sitting back and letting us literally hang ourselves.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

Fits hasn't posted since voting, which is suspicious; you'd think that if it was a good vote that there'd be more casing done, especially as the game gets closer and closer. "gut vote lol" is pretty lovely on day 3.

Harold Krell posted and made some OK points. Not much since. Mostly sanctimonious bullshit to be honest? Am I the only one with this opinion?

Scrap Dragon is ??? and honestly might just get a modkill at this rate. Surprised it hasn't happened already. I think scum would lurk, but I also think they'd be a bit more invested in the game.

I want to reread fits when I'm not on my phone.

Pushing a Fits lynch and setting up Harold for a lynch next game day. Pointing out Scrap Dragon's lurking but then excusing it with WIFOM.

Scrap Dragon posted:

-Fits would be my number one choice at this point in the game. The guy willingly votes someone he believes to be town and on the next day all he has to give us is a gut vote.

-I'm not feeling to great about Krell either. He spends the first part of the game tunneling on Mets and his only response upon being called out on it is to switch targets over to the person that did so (me).

-A lot of people hopped on Epsilon because of his initial post today, but that just reads as him being disgruntled at Fits D3 gut vote to me.

I could see Fits/Krell as a scum team due to their individual scumminess and the fact that they did nothing but try and run a wagon on Mets in the early game.

Pushing Fits and also setting up Harold for a lynch just like EP did, while also defending EP

EXAKT Science posted:

I pushed for the lunch on hiip because of the two people with votes on them, Met looked townier to me. I wasn't really buying the argument that his pushing for a flavorclaim was dummy because i've seen him do it before when he was a townie, and it turned out that that was, in fact, true this game as well. The person pushing that argument hardest was fits, and he is currently my number one scum candidate. Not only has he been throwing votes around with basically no justification, even when there are perfectly alright cases on some of the people he's voting, especially me, but also his post where he responded to a wall of Met's posts using nothing but smilies. All in all, fits has done basically no scumhunting of his own and is making votes that would be very convenient for a scum player to make, so with all that said,

##vote fits

Now, as far as other reads, I'll start with Scrap. I don't want to WIFOM over the nightkill too much, but he was one of Met's prime suspects, and really hedged his bets when it came to the lunch yesterday:

His only other vote since the beginning of the game was the vote on Met that he's defending here. This really reads like distancing from a vote on someone he knows is a townie.

Next is Krell. Kudos to him, because I cannot get a solid read. However, his tunneling on Met raised some red flags for me, and then his vote today:

This reads to me either as a bus, or, to WIFOM again for a second, like he's going after Scrap because Krell is trying to lead us towards a fairly obvious guess at who did the nightkill and lynch another townie. Krell's vote here is actually one of the things that makes me second-guess my read on Scrap.

Pushing Fits and then what appears to be a mild case on Scrap, but then he turns it around into a defense by suggesting a WIFOM scum play at the hands of... Harold.

There is definitely a pattern of pushing for Fits today and setting up Harold tomorrow.

As for AT, the only reason I think he is scummy so far is his weird defense of EP, but I feel the other 3 are more likely to be scum at this point.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##vote Epsilon Plus 90 minutes till deadline by my count.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Less than 30 mins till deadline, is anyone even here?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I hope none of my fellow town players are silly enough to vote with the scum team to lynch Fits

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##vote Atrocious Toaster his weird defense of EP early looks pretty bad now and I believe the cop claim.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

##vote AtrociousToaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Can we please lynch the guy who was investigated as not town. I think the scum team is Exakt, Scrap Dragon, and AT. Exakt's big post just reads to me like scum trying to throw poop at the wall to see what sticks.

• Locked thread