Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll play if you'll have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Pistachio.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Got my role. I'm an Orange.

Time for bed though!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oops, I have no idea how confirmations work. I just assume the game has started once I read my role PM.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I lied about bed. Had a snack instead and now I'm amped.

Whose up for a flavor reveal? I'm still an Orange.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Scrap Dragon posted:

Posting to confirm that I am delicious

Carrots are delicious. :ninja:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't see a reason not to claim your flavor role.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

AtrociousToaster posted:

So there's no like correlation between flavor-role and food role? Like cops are blueberries or something?

I don't know. There's a lot of possible roles for townies. I think it's safe enough to reveal our flavor roles without spoiling any power roles and it will make it that much easier to compare/contrast and maybe catch someone claiming something someone else already has.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I get tomato being miller because of that age-old argument but how the heck are blueberries cops?

Blue.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

I have a flavour and role that align, so I'm suspicious of anyone trying to get everybody to claim their role. We might accidentally out a power role.

Mine doesn't align. :colbert:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

wait so we're mass-claiming D1?

Not your ability. Just your flavor.

What fruit are you?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

because my flavour and role align pretty well.

You probably shouldn't have mentioned that you have a role. :ughh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Smooth. :coal:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm going to wait for more claims before I throw out wild accusations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I can't find any fruit/vegetable emoticons besides :woz:. Darn.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm very rarely on ground floor when a game starts. Milking Juicing it for all it's worth.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Are you going to be okay? You seem upset.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

Here's my post where I said that flavour and role align

What's the most bland flavor I can think of for a VT fruit?

Olive.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HiipFire posted:

you're bland.

You take that back.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hmm. Let's try again.

:spooky:

What's a squash? Besides disgusting?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote fits

Time to spill the beans if you want to survive this day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

Its Day 1. Someone needed to stir up discussion instead of having incredibly boring arguments about what counts as a fruit. Unless straight bandwagoning the first person to do anything thats not a non-committal white noise post is en vogue these days.

That's great, Champ.

What fruit are you?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

Is there some part of "reading role PMs is for suckers" that does not make sense to you :nsa:

It's posts like that that will get you lynched.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah, I was first to claim a flavor that wasn't counter-claimed. Not only that, one of the most common fruits and would have a very high chance of being counter-claimed if I was full of it. You can sleep soundly tonight knowing I'm what I claim.

I'm not asking for abilities. Just flavor to catch people claiming things other people can counter.

Your style, on the other hand, has you two votes from death. Perhaps you should rethink your strategy and give me a fruit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Name a fruit that would be a tracker. Bulletproof. Doctor.

It's a crapshoot. There are easy benefits for mass-claiming flavor that outweigh the chance of a blueberry cop.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Common fruit get claimed like Orange, Lime, Pear, Grape.

Then some weirdo comes in with Durian in an attempt to claim something that someone won't counterclaim. Bam, easy scum lynch.

Alternatively, someone claims banana and then someone counter-claims. Now you know one of the two is scum.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'll take that bet in this particular game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

or half a dozen more common fruits that make just as much sense.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you guys want to play it the hard way, then have fun. A bunch of fruit were already claimed though so not going full hog at this point gets us the worst of both worlds.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

fits posted:

In what has specifically been marketed as a newbie game, right from the starting gun pushing everyone to claim

...so? The fact it's a newbie game makes it more likely that flavor that's not assigned was given to the scum. Besides, an orange not being given out is ridiculous. It's one of the three top fruits I think of. I'm having a wonderful time playing the flavor angle because virtually all Mafia games I played before SA Mafia didn't have any flavor angle to play off of.

We already know no one else is going to counter-claim Orange, so explain how I can be scum, claim orange, and orange not being one of the flavors given to the fruit team.

You're latching on me because me playing aggressively gives you an easy target. You've yet to address any concerns related to your scummy behavior, instead opting to throw blame wherever you can make it stick. My vote for you will remain.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pinterest Mom posted:

He's not actually interested in any responses to his posts, he's just really dead set on bringing it back around to flavour claiming at all costs.

I'm actually not interested in your posts because if your claim is correct, there's nothing I can learn from you and most of your posts here have been quite negative.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Science of Suck posted:

met, what do you think about squid? specifically the vote on fits

I'll walk you through how I perceived him through the game so far.

I noted his claims as he posted. When he said something about being "appealing" I assumed he was a banana. When he bolded "Zest" I changed it to some sort of Citrus fruit and guessed Lemon in my notes. Lime fits, but it's just weird enough it could be false claim.

Here's the quote you're referring to, for reference:

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm still suspicious of the people being pushy about REVEAL YOUR FRUIT OR ELSE YOU'RE SCUM but as far as I can tell they've all revealed their own fruits so I'm hopping on the fits bandwagon, he's being weird.

##vote fits

He said something anti-me and then rolled with it anyway in the same post. I'm not too worried about it because fits was being terrible anyway, claiming to not read his role PM, voting for Hiip without any reasoning in the post, and then being pretty confrontational. Besides, I lean towards lynching anyone who claims to have not read their role PM even without the rest of the what he did.

But back to Squid. I wouldn't say he isn't suspicious but I don't have a reason to confront his actions yet.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Harold Krell posted:

Now, for me, this has been the most suspicious post I have currently seen throughout this game.

First of all, this player was able to claim his role so bluntly that it automatically leads to suspicion in the first place.

Secondly, and perhaps most importantly, this person has claimed as a Pistachio, which is not neither a FRUIT nor a VEGETABLE, meaning his claim must be false due to process of elimination. This means that this player is either lying about his role in order to avoid suspicion or using as a ruse to manipulate others, both indicative of scum.

Thirdly, I think what I primarily dislike is that his post is simply one word without explaining what his role is exactly useful for. This shows signs of trying to "slip through the cracks" as the expression is called in order to say things without actually having to SAY things.

I believe these accusations alone for now are appropriate enough to say that this person is ideal for scum.

##vote Met

Joke vote on someone who already has a couple of votes on them is pretty scummy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Harold Krell posted:

Hmm... let's look at the facts, shall we?

Number of votes for me: 0.

Number of votes for you: 3.

Now I'm not a wizard in math or anything, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that one number is obviously larger than the other. The fact of the matter here is that you are the one on thin ice, so I'm afraid that YOU'RE the one who's going to have to "pass the buck" as they say, if you want to try to accuse some one else first.

Also, it's not a joke post if it happens to be true. :rolleyes:

You used reasoning based on things that happened before the game started and then justified it with "You have votes on you and I don't. It doesn't matter why I vote for you because clearly I'm right."

Holy bejeebus.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I assumed you said nothing important so I didn't read any of it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It would be an error to lynch me. I could reiterate why I'm clearly town but people won't listen to reason so :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hope someone gets something out of that because I just skipped it again.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

That Pmom flip makes Met look even worse imo. ##vote Met

Why?

Epsilon Plus posted:

welp, we confirmed roles can match flavor, so I guess met (and by extension me I guess) looks kinda lovely!

lovely, but not scummy? I went with a plan that made sense. I posted my reasoning here:

Met posted:

I'm not asking for abilities. Just flavor to catch people claiming things other people can counter.

Met posted:

Common fruit get claimed like Orange, Lime, Pear, Grape.

Then some weirdo comes in with Durian in an attempt to claim something that someone won't counterclaim. Bam, easy scum lynch.

Alternatively, someone claims banana and then someone counter-claims. Now you know one of the two is scum.

and then I have this reasoning for my own innocence:

Met posted:

Yeah, I was first to claim a flavor that wasn't counter-claimed. Not only that, one of the most common fruits and would have a very high chance of being counter-claimed if I was full of it. You can sleep soundly tonight knowing I'm what I claim.

How would Orange not be included in a Fruit team? You're stretching pretty hard if you claim otherwise. Especially if you believe other claims like Guava or... hell, Lime which did, in fact, prove true.

and if it helps, enjoy a copy-paste of my notepad for this game:

quote:

Abyssal Squid - "peels" "zest" (lemon?)
EXAKT- Banana? (Soft) "My flavor is appealing, but in a different way." , "This game is gonna be bananas!"
HiipFire- Banana? (Soft)
fits- Vocally refuses to cooperate with flavor argument. Likely scum -d1.
Harold Krell- Joke voting someone who already has votes on them. Still hasn't revealed fruit. -d1.

100YrsofAttitude - Grapes
Abyssal Squid - Lime
AtrociousToaster - Guava (this seems fishy)
Epsilon Plus - Pear "VT"
EXAKT Science -
fits -
Harold Krell -
HiipFire -
Met - Orange
Pinterest Mom - Tomato "Miller"
Scrap Dragon -
soscannonballs -
The Science of Suck - Kiwi

Claim Order:

Day 1:
Orange - Met
Tomato "Miller" - Pinterest Mom
Kiwi - The Science of Suck
Lime - Abyssal Squid
Guava - AtrociousToaster
Pear "VT" - Epsilon Plus
Grapes - 100YrsofAttitude
"VT" - HiipFire
:biotruths: - Harold Krell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

soscannonballs posted:

You are still actively ignoring the possibility of scum fake claims which has been pointed out several times. We have pretty concrete evidence now that claims are tied to roles and you are still persistent in your line of thinking, and that is why I think you are scum. It feels to me like you are doubling down and being aggressive as a defense, whereas a town player I feel would have accepted that their reasoning could be flawed and then turned to other avenues of finding scum. You still haven't really done any scumhunting - you are completely focused on rolefishing.

Which is why I shared my notes. Here's my thoughts.

The people that look worse to me today are the people who have not revealed their flavor. Scum won't want to have to come up with fruit that other people won't claim and I don't believe Poison Mushroom would have set up fake claims for the Scum this game because it is a bit of a newbie game and my experience with Poison Mushroom's games is that she wouldn't have set that up. That's a hunch. I don't feel particularly like playing it safe because I'm a townie and playing it safe is for scum. SO! Of those that haven't claimed a flavor:

fits and Harold Krell are poo poo posters and counter-productive.

EXACT Science started the lynch against Squid yesterday, then switched to fits when it was convenient, then switched back to Squid when people shifted his direction again.

Scrap Dragon I have absolutely no memory of. Had to check his post history just to have anything to say about him in this post. He's made 3 posts since the game started, one of those the confirmation. None of them interesting.

soscannonballs is starting the lynch against me first thing.

• Locked thread