Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm pretty scrubby but want to become less so. Count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Poison Mushroom posted:

Aw, yeah, check out that sexy tag straight from Goons With Spoons. :c00lbert:

Yeeeeeeeeeeaah

Also, lol at me and Science of Suck being on the roster right next to each other.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If the four of you are in, that takes us to twelve.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Abyssal Squid posted:

I think you mean "Beans beans the musical fruit/they play the trumpet and the flute/they play the tympani and the drums/so put some beans inside your tums."

RE: Beanchat: :gas:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I am so ready. This game is gonna be bananas!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

I have a banana gun and I'm not afraid to use it!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piWCBOsJr-w

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Is anyone a tomato?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Abyssal Squid posted:

Confirming, this role has some appeal get it (there was a joke there).

Are you TRYING to start a "tomatoes are secretly fruit" argument?

Dude, tomatoes are objectively fruit. Also, I think you're lying about your flavor, unless there's a bunch of us.

##vote Abyssal Squid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Science of Suck posted:

i'm small, round, and furry and am quite popular down under

a wombat isn't a fruit you nerd.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'll call tomatoes fruit the second you sprinkle acorns on your cereal. :colbert:

Anyway, I was trying to bring some zest to the discussion.

Ah, I see. My flavor is appealing, but in a different way.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Science of Suck you need a double pound sign in front of the word vote for it to count.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

Hmm. Let's try again.

:spooky:

What's a squash? Besides disgusting?

Botanically a fruit, culinarily a vegetable.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Scrap Dragon posted:

Is this the same deal as Tomatoes?

Yeah. Anything that has seeds in it is technically a fruit:

Wikipedia posted:

These culinary vegetables that are botanically fruit include cucurbits (e.g., squash, pumpkin, and cucumber), tomatoes, peas, beans, corn, eggplant, and sweet pepper. In addition, some spices, such as allspice and chilies, are fruits, botanically speaking.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fits posted:

:11tea:

##vote HiipFire

idgi

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fits posted:

This post

Could you delve into the reasoning behind this a bit more? I don't immediately how this is scummy, but I could probably be convinced.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AtrociousToaster posted:

shooting at the hiip
:downsrim:

Also fits I don't like your case.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fits posted:

I don't like you.

That's cool. I don't dilike you, but I do think you might be scum.

##vote fits

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

That's cool. I don't dilike you, but I do think you might be scum.

##vote fits

I don't dilike you, and also don't dislike you.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
When I switched to fits, it was because I initially thought he was jokevoting for Hiipfire. When he made it clear that it was a real vote with a poor case behind it, I voted him. I didn't expect quite the bandwagon to form against him, especially as quickly as it did, and the fact that there were people willing to push him to -2 three whole days before deadline really raises some flags for me.

My initial vote on Squid was partially an early day 1 jokevote, but was partially serious and looking for a reaction, especially because his flavor claim seemed a bit rotten to me. In the intervening time, he's started acting scummier, and as others have pointed out, his vote of fits seems the most off of all of them

##vote Abyssal Squid

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

soscannonballs posted:

Really not liking Met's reaction to people questioning his mass claim strategy, and I think he is being really dishonest by just brushing off the idea that scum could have fake claims. I don't see how a town player could have that mindset where you are presented with a scenario that isn't wildly implausible (scum fake claims) and you just discard it and then go right back to the same argument you were making (no counterclaim of Orange). Being confrontational as scum in order to get people to back down from voting you is a legit tactic and he employed it in the first Bread Mafia. Abyssal Squid and Met are my top scum picks right now.

NB that Squid that Squid jumped on the fits bandwagon within an hour of my throwing the first vote on him. Met's first post after said wagon was rolling was a vote and call for fits to claim and no substantive case whatsoever. I definitely agree about their apparent scumminess.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
My initial vote on squid was a jokevote. I switched to fits after his big outburst, and then back to squid so we could hammer and have a lynch d1. I thought sos's vow right off the bat looked a little fishy, but Met is making some pretty scummy posts. I do think we should cool it a little bit with the votes, as we have over two days to deadline.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

My initial vote on squid was a jokevote. I switched to fits after his big outburst, and then back to squid so we could hammer and have a lynch d1. I thought sos's vow right off the bat looked a little fishy, but Met is making some pretty scummy posts. I do think we should cool it a little bit with the votes, as we have over two days to deadline.

That should be sos's vote, not vow. gently caress phone posting.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

I don't agree with this lynch, but I would rather lynch than no-lynch
sorry for being a little quiet/contentless, I've been a bit busy the last couple days

##vote Met

Look at this. Trying to distance himself from Met so that if/when Met flips town, he's absolved. He was also the hammer on squid and hasn't created much at all in the way of content.

##vote hiipfire

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

Yeah, seriously. I know it looks like I'm just trying to save myself, but if I'm lynched today, take a good hard look at him tomorrow.

##vote: Hiipfire

FWIW, Met, I think it's more likely that you're town than scum. You certainly look less dummy than hiipfire.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
That's "less scummy"

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

soscannonballs posted:

You were around at the start of this gameday when Met and I were going back and forth, so why are you just now coming in to give an opinion 1 hour until deadline when Met is at -1?

Also not liking EXAKT's post for similar reasons. I went back and looked at his history in this game and its a lot of defending his own actions but little casing or scumhunting. I am really starting to doubt myself now. Is there anyone in this game who has played with Met before? I think I was only in the first bread game where he was scum, so I don't have a lot of meta to go by, and I am starting to wonder if maybe he is just really hard-headed.

In Mexican Standoff, everybody thought Met was scummy for posting for a flavor claim, but he was town in that game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
"pushing for a flavor claim" goddamn autocorrect.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey I'm here, stuff took longer than expected. Could've phone posted but I didn't think it would be necessary. EXAKT has come with a decent enough defense of Met but now? After all this time? Frankly, Met could be making a meta out of it and do that regardless of alignment. I still find his play not town. ##vote met

And yet that was pretty bad vote hiip.

I haven't been around much the last two days. I worked on a campaign this election cycle and lost real hard, so the past couple have been depressing and whatnot. I'm not sure that Met isn't scum, necessarily, but I think there's a better than even chance he isn't and that hiipfire looks way worse right now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
If Met gets lynched and flips town, I would say we should be looking at hiipfire and fits next, especially hiipfire.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

If you switch we have the votes.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fits posted:

I don't have a reason for that beyond a good feeling, for what its worth.

At this point, there are real reasons to believe I'm suspicious. It's a bit late in the game for gut reads, especially when there are reasonable and substantive cases on me. I really, really don't like this vote, and very little of that dislike is strictly because it's a vote against me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I pushed for the lunch on hiip because of the two people with votes on them, Met looked townier to me. I wasn't really buying the argument that his pushing for a flavorclaim was dummy because i've seen him do it before when he was a townie, and it turned out that that was, in fact, true this game as well. The person pushing that argument hardest was fits, and he is currently my number one scum candidate. Not only has he been throwing votes around with basically no justification, even when there are perfectly alright cases on some of the people he's voting, especially me, but also his post where he responded to a wall of Met's posts using nothing but smilies. All in all, fits has done basically no scumhunting of his own and is making votes that would be very convenient for a scum player to make, so with all that said,

##vote fits

Now, as far as other reads, I'll start with Scrap. I don't want to WIFOM over the nightkill too much, but he was one of Met's prime suspects, and really hedged his bets when it came to the lunch yesterday:

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

His only other vote since the beginning of the game was the vote on Met that he's defending here. This really reads like distancing from a vote on someone he knows is a townie.

Next is Krell. Kudos to him, because I cannot get a solid read. However, his tunneling on Met raised some red flags for me, and then his vote today:

Harold Krell posted:

I'm a little wary about about how you're treating me since your the one who's under the gun at the moment.

Regardless, I will share my thoughts concerning the last lynch and kill for last night.

Firstly, I find the death of Mets to be quite foolish for scum since he would most likely be lynched today. This, however, leads me to bring up who the prime suspect thus far: Scrap Dragon.

His mannerisms were quite similar to Mets before the lynch and his willingness to see him dead leaves a lot to be analyzed. The fact that scum would kill Mets to get him "off the scent", so to speak, makes him even more red handed than before.

##vote Scrap Dragon

This reads to me either as a bus, or, to WIFOM again for a second, like he's going after Scrap because Krell is trying to lead us towards a fairly obvious guess at who did the nightkill and lynch another townie. Krell's vote here is actually one of the things that makes me second-guess my read on Scrap.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
That's -2. Anyone else here?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
welp

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Good luck PMush! I hope things get better as quickly as possible.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
gently caress, we're in LYLO

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Science of Suck posted:

is it really lylo?

Well, we could no-lunch, I guess. If we do and miss, however, that's the game.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

Well, we could no-lunch, I guess. If we do lunch and miss, however, that's the game.

mafiaedit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Harold Krell posted:

If this is true, then why didn't you say this when you first knew this?! :aaa:

An early copclaim sounds like a good way for a cop who's flying under the radar to get nightkilled before they can out at least one scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

100YrsofAttitude posted:

##vote atrocious toaster. We need to be able to trust you.

This is a weird post. If we mislunch today, then we lose unless our Doctor hits, which is far from guaranteed.

• Locked thread