Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Same. I'll play if you good up to 13 or need a replacement for the first 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Where do beans fall? I adore those.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm all set.

Pinterest Mom posted:

So town are fruit, scum are veggies?

In what world would veggies be good or at least considered better than fruit?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Like two peas in a pod?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That'd be our miller!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AtrociousToaster posted:

So there's no like correlation between flavor-role and food role? Like cops are blueberries or something?

I get tomato being miller because of that age-old argument but how the heck are blueberries cops?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Of course... :cripes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AtrociousToaster posted:

Cops like donuts and blueberry donuts are really good? I have no idea. :v:

Alright well if flavor doesn't mean anything about role I guess there's no reason not to share. I'm a Guava, someone please tell me what I taste like.

Guava is wonderful stuff. It's... sweet... and tangy... You can find it in juice form in most Latin American stores or aisles at least in the states. It's more of South American fruit through as opposed to Mexican or central American, as far as I know.

I'm a bunch of GRAPES. Red or white, who knows? I'll be having it in liquid form tonight!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OMGUS much? Not seeing the case here.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

It's posts like that that will get you lynched.

Personally I find your hard headnesses more suspect than his laziness. I've seen players forgo reading their PM and just playing however the want, it's not common but it happens. Your argument for claiming flavor is a bit WIFOM too. I get the idea and it seems sound enough, but you shouldn't push everyone so hard, that's what's weird. It comes off like role fishing. If you really had good intents you would understand why people wouldn't want to reveal their flavor.

And yeah fake claims are a real possibility and there's no way you can judge the mod's knowledge or lack of of fruit. There's too many ways your plan has holes in it, we've really haven't figured anything from it, and have perhaps even put some of our power roles in danger so I don't know chill.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

The case against fits:
-Claims he's not reading his role PM
-Made a really contrived vote on Hiip, with the reasoning that Hiip expressing astonishment at a mass-claim was scummy.

The second point directly goes to behaviour you think is scummy in the game - trying to create an atmosphere in which not immediately claiming is suspicious.

Look at his vote on Hiip versus Squid's vote on Fit:

Abyssal Squid posted:

I'm still suspicious of the people being pushy about REVEAL YOUR FRUIT OR ELSE YOU'RE SCUM but as far as I can tell they've all revealed their own fruits so I'm hopping on the fits bandwagon, he's being weird.

##vote fits

Fit's vote is clearly just push vote to get discussion going and poo poo rolling. And if anything he did well because Squid's vote is incredibly scummy.

Sos called it lazy and it is the worst vote on Fit, he clearly just joins the bandwagon, while distancing and supporting the role claim. It was the 4th vote on him pushing him towards the brink of the dangerzone. You can just as easily place Met and Fit on stubborn dumb posts, but this post is just plain scummy.

##vote Abyssal Squid

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't think Met's claim that revealing our role flavor will really help us at all, but I'm not at all seeing how it's harmful. Then again, I have a pretty boring role. Maybe people with more exotic roles have fruit/vegetables that make sense with their role?

That's just it, they shouldn't make sense. Most mods tend to create flavor and roles and mix them up randomly so you can't just assume someone is a cop because they're flavor is a cop in the source. If anything the tomato miller is a throwaway joke than it is an actual indication that everything aligns like that. But if we assume it isn't then it's INCREDIBLY risk to go out laying out our flavor cause bam, all our power roles are gone.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

We already know no one else is going to counter-claim Orange, so explain how I can be scum, claim orange, and orange not being one of the flavors given to the fruit team.

It's been said, but maybe if we say it again it'll go through? Fake claims. Everyone has a fruit and there'd be no doubles. Hence no counter-claims. Not rocket science here.

soscannonballs posted:

Really not liking Met's reaction to people questioning his mass claim strategy, and I think he is being really dishonest by just brushing off the idea that scum could have fake claims. I don't see how a town player could have that mindset where you are presented with a scenario that isn't wildly implausible (scum fake claims) and you just discard it and then go right back to the same argument you were making (no counterclaim of Orange). Being confrontational as scum in order to get people to back down from voting you is a legit tactic and he employed it in the first Bread Mafia. Abyssal Squid and Met are my top scum picks right now.

I'm probably overthinking it but I can't believe Met would be so confrontational and stubborn as scum because it's such a red light. Like would a scum legitly dig themselves into such a hole? Then again I don't see town being so intransigent either.

I guess ultimately it comes down to his posts. Are they scummy? Absolutely.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

Joke vote on someone who already has a couple of votes on them is pretty scummy.

From the one time I played with Krell... I'm not all that sure it's a joke.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

What you really need to focus on (if you're not truly scum) is backtracking your last accusatory responses and begin what is known as "the path of redemption".

I'd really rather not have to read any of this stuff because... whatever anyway. This is a good point.

Pinterest Mom posted:

holy moley that post has like three red flags

You're not kidding. I'm fine with my vote on Squid after that and perfectly capable of switching towards Met. Now for a bit of WIFOM though, they don't necessarily strike me as scum-buddies and I really can't believe the scum team would self destruct so quickly. This paranoia of mine is what puts Squid over Met for me. Met's catching way too much attention to the point that it's almost unbelievable that he'd be scum yet he is at best incredibly not-town, at worst scum.

Squid on the other hand is trying to fit in so his mistakes read more subtly. There's an effort, poor as it seems, to hide his intentions especially in that last post.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

Forgive my newbie question but does Harold Krell always talk like he has the most self-righteous brain condition or

I've only played one game with him but his style wasn't all that different. Honestly, whatever he can write how he likes. I just don't really get where he's getting his ideas from, but I don't know if it's worth the trouble to find out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

I don't know about that though. They're both super scummy and then there's Squid's comment about how he doesn't want to vote for Mets cause, "Citrus bros gotta stick together".

That's a really good point.

Harold Krell what do you think about Abyssal Squid?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We're past beating this dead horse and have properly cremated it, because Met FAKE CLAIMS. So you have hunch they don't exist in this game. Ok fine, whatever. A hunch is not enough to then WIFOM your way through the rest of the game.

I feel that sos made two really good points, you're doubling down for some unfathomable reason and you're rolefishing pretty hard considering what we got out of PMom's flip. It's incredibly scummy. What's baffling is that you seem to have an ok head on your shoulders but that's surrounded by some huge blinders because you can make 1 good point and then finish off with a terrible one as you do with your observation on EXAKT and then your OMGUS on sos:

Met posted:

EXACT Science started the lynch against Squid yesterday, then switched to fits when it was convenient, then switched back to Squid when people shifted his direction again.

soscannonballs is starting the lynch against me first thing.

Met posted:

I just cased people quite rationally based on it. You don't like the premise so you dismiss the results.

Okay. :rolleyes:

The problem is that your premise is entirely faulty since you have no guarantee of there being fake claims or not. Do what you just did with Exakt and case posts and content, most of us are, and most of us are finding you horribly suspicious.

Met posted:

Arguing against me is pretty safe. I have an unsafe method of finding scum. You have some people vocalize support against me. When I flip town you'll claim it was my fault I was lynched. If someone counter-claims apple, you'll claim you were only fakeclaiming to toy with me. I actually think you're just a bad townie. No Scum would be foolish enough to put themselves out there on someone who will flip town and draw attention to them. Barring something other than aggressively trying to lynch me for not following your Holy Meta, I'm not interested in you today.

Arguing against you is frustrating since you're not being at all helpful. Your role strategy hasn't done anything but confirm that we shouldn't have gone along with it out of fear of revealing our power roles. If you flip town, which really just doesn't seem the case, but if you do yes it is entirely your fault, you're not playing a town game, we end up wasting time arguing this dumb strategy of yours and the scum get to hide and laugh their way to victory with their highly probable fake claims. The fact that you think sos is trying to toy with you is just plain arrogant. You really can't assume that there aren't fake claims, it's too big a chance.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

With all that said ##vote Met. Your play was scummy yesterday and you're off to a great start today. If you really are town like you say you are cooperate a bit instead of just assuming everyone else is wrong and you're the only who's right.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AtrociousToaster posted:

(what's a WIFOM?)

Whine In Front Of Me. It's when you make a case or a series of cases based vastly on hypotheticals or ideas that can't be solidly proven. A good example is Met's logic that since there are clearly no fake claims then he can catch scum. Naturally there's no alternative to that situation but if for laughs we go and do the crazy hypothetical case in which there were fake claims you can see how building a series of cases on people based on whether or not they claimed their flavor role is incredibly specious.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't want to hit deadline early don't worry. I am both very frustrated with your way of thinking at the moment and I'm both because I think you're scum and also to show you you need to stop being so hard-headed.

I'm sure other things will turn up considering how early it is do make an effort will you? To take a page out of your book I am going to ignore anymore of your posts that involve you detailing how logical flavor claims find the scum. I hope the other ones turn out sounder.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The problem was the ninja edit. I do them pretty regularly to fix typos and the like but had you left the post as it was, it would of had a better chance of reading as frustrated town. The deletion though... I personally feel town players should and tend to be sincere. That deletion proves a hidden agenda it seems to me.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ok that's actually pretty funny.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

I'm -1 by the way. Try to put off the lynch to tomorrow to see what else you can get out of other people. Ask questions, do things.

Good point. ##unvote. Still voting you but I don't want an early hammer. There's plenty of people to figure out before the day's over.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

After yesterday I don't blame you, but still hold that I am a townie.

People don't like the flavor argument. Fine. These two need to be put under scrutiny at some point.

My other concern is AtrociousToaster simply because Guava is a bit out there. There was an odd 5 day gap in posting from him between Oct 30 and Nov 4. He only came out to defend himself from my accusation of scumminess based on his flavor claim. It seems to me a townie should be more concerned with finding scum than hiding for the better part of a week.

I'm definitely giving Exakt a lookover because you brought up another point. I don't think we need to lurker lynch given the evidence against other parties. Looking over everyone give me a bit.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

A lot of toaster's posting is white noise, that said their posting of questions and the fact votefinder tells this is their 2nd game (or their alive in one and have played in 2 already... not sure but whatever) clearly points to a new poster that's getting the hang of it.
Epsilon would be the first to look at after Met's flip, I'd say. There seems to be some sort of relationship with Met. The only thing that runs contrary to that is his call out of Met's ninja edit.

I don't know how much I want to believe EXAKT's initial vote on Squid as 'jokevote'. They, it seems, was the only one trying to catch someone via Met's flavor strategy. Nonetheless his vote on fits was pretty horrible though that was overlooked since they were the 2nd to vote fits, before it could be called a bandwagon. He could've been deflecting by voting Squid and getting people to refrain from looking at his own crappy vote. Perhaps most telling is that outside the 'jokevote' they haven't really tried to case anyone or make their own opinions. A lot of the posts in between the votes are just filler. I could vote EXAKT pretty comfortably given his vote history.

fits has been entirely irreverent but consistent in that irreverence. I realize I said the same thing about a scum player in the my previous game (goodness) but playing a certain style and sticking to it at least reads truer to me than those that jump around.

Krell's a bit of a dick and while he managed to vote Met like so many others, he also voted Met for completely different reasons, namely a jokevote role claim Met put up early early in the game. He focuses solely on Met and lectures him pretty regularly. That's it. I'm not really sure if that'd be scum or town and it'd help my opinion of him were he to look into other people as well.

Scrap's is just lurking. Content wise it's sound enough. I'm not going to judge until/if more gets said.

Scio'suck hasn't really said much of interest outside of his votes. Just a lot of chatting. Though I find this funny:

The Science of Suck posted:

if harold krell did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him

Those I haven't mentioned haven't been under scrutiny and/or I find them null or town.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That said Met's still the scummiest. It's only recently with his resignation of being lynched, or perhaps after calming down does he sound more town. That would mean all the other stuff would have to be overlooked and I personally find his previous game really scummy.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey I'm here, stuff took longer than expected. Could've phone posted but I didn't think it would be necessary. EXAKT has come with a decent enough defense of Met but now? After all this time? Frankly, Met could be making a meta out of it and do that regardless of alignment. I still find his play not town. ##vote met

And yet that was pretty bad vote hiip.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

This one, for starters:

Met never claimed pistachio. Nobody seems to be willing to point at Harold Krell for such a bluntly untrue statement. In fact, Harold's got the worst signal-to-noise ratio out of every single poster this game and nobody seems to be willing to call him on it. What gives? Other people have claims against Met but none of them are this lovely. Pintrest Mom and fits have much better cases against Met but I still don't think a mass flavor-claim is an inherently scummy move.

I think tomorrow we really need to look at Harold Krell and decide if we want him around any further or not.

I don't know what to think about Krell. He's focused solely on Met and for generally wrong and/or strange reasons. It's been amusing enough, but hard to say if it's scummy. I'm actually not sure what tunneling on one person is supposed to be town or scum? In my last game poison mushroom (town) tunneled on a scum player the whole game through. It has nothing to do with this game, but it makes me hesitant to cite that as reasoning for judging someone scum or not.

If anything Krell's just being completely unhelpful.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Looking quickly over hiip the only things of interest is their OMGUS vote on fits, so they were a part of that band wagon, and the early hammer on Squid effectively cutting whatever discussion could've happened at that point. The 2nd act is decidedly scummier.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is there another person around? I wouldn't be opposed to voting hiip, considering those bits of evidence, but it's not the strongest case and I feel there's more evidence against Met.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hiip looks worse at the moment, yes, but I'm trying to keep in mind the whole game up to now and all their posts. What you said about met in his last game has made me think though. If the opportunity arises I'll give it a serious consideration but there's not that much time left.

And I'm sorry about the election, that stuff can be tough. :glomp:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

Fits is the only person who hasn't voted, so hopefully shows up in the next 10 mins or so. I just find it really suspicious that people are coming out to say they think Met is town when we are at deadline, especially when this thread was quiet for so long.

Definitely, it's not like we didn't have time. Heck we made the effort to even make time considering how early we almost hammered.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

There's a new trend going against hiip due to his vote on met:

HiipFire posted:

I don't agree with this lynch, but I would rather lynch than no-lynch
sorry for being a little quiet/contentless, I've been a bit busy the last couple days

##vote Met

You actually voted Hiip early on for whatever reason. For me given this vote, which is pretty drat scummy, and their early hammer the previous day there is enough evidence to consider against them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

Hey, but also check out EXAKT and Scrap. :)

Just going to keep reminding you guys that so it's not forgotten after my death by smoothtalkers.

EXAKT was 2nd my choice coming into this last hour. I've posted why earlier.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The question at this juncture is: does this last minute evidence make hiip scummier than met?

And as WIFOM as it is I'm trying to decide for myself whose flip would provide more info in regards to the other and others at large.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fits posted:

I feel like Hiip is just bad and vanilla but I haven't looked too deep into it :shobon:

Well I told you what I came up with on them in about 3 minutes. There's not a lot of posts there.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fits posted:

I'd be ok with voting hiip, but that's how I'd bet he would flip

Well if you think he's town, don't vote him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Met posted:

Less than three minutes for two people to switch to Hiip.

I can switch if necessary, you've done a lot better this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Scrap Dragon posted:

Wow, that is super loving scummy on Hiip's part. I'd be okay voting either way but a NL does the town no favors. Unless a few more people vote for Hiip I'm keeping my vote on Met.

:justpost:

• Locked thread