Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

In curse of darkness you can get an electric guitar weapon

It also has chair collecting. In the environment 5here are chairs and things you can sit on. Sitting on something created a copy of it in your chair collection room and you can sit on it anytime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

castlevania 64 is a game

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Nice find, op.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lament of Innocence has some really innovative and unique level design too! Each map feels totally different, and no two rooms the same! Maybe I'm the only one that really didn't like LoI or CoD all that much. CoD is passable though, mostly for the chairs, but LoI was just bad design all around to me.

I'll give the 64 Vanias this, at least they captured the feel of the old school CV games. Such a shame most of that is ruined by the camera and wonky controls.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

ForeverSmug posted:

In curse of darkness you can get an electric guitar weapon

It also has chair collecting. In the environment 5here are chairs and things you can sit on. Sitting on something created a copy of it in your chair collection room and you can sit on it anytime

owns

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

BMS posted:

Lament of Innocence has some really innovative and unique level design too! Each map feels totally different, and no two rooms the same! Maybe I'm the only one that really didn't like LoI or CoD all that much. CoD is passable though, mostly for the chairs, but LoI was just bad design all around to me.

I'll give the 64 Vanias this, at least they captured the feel of the old school CV games. Such a shame most of that is ruined by the camera and wonky controls.

I like video game maps. :cheeky:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

N64 Castlevanias has skeletons riding motorcycles because gently caress you and your lame rear end time setting

that automatically makes them a serious contestant for best castlevania ever

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Castlevania is a place of chaos so it makes sense for time to be hosed up inside. Space already doesn't work right.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Also Aria of sorrow has a kamen rider skeleton that.drops a rider belt and scarf and gives you the ability to rider kick as a soul

If we're arguing best Vania skeletons here

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

oh poo poo haha what did they fi-:yikes:

my bad. they're all good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I've heard of signing your posts...but signing them in the thread title is bloody ridiculous!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've heard of signing your posts...but signing them in the thread title is bloody ridiculous!

I've been hosed in the rear end in a top hat!! It's all over for me!!! Bwargh

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Endorph posted:

there are no bad castlevania games

I think the only one I played that I didn't like at all was that arcade game Haunted Castle which has insane spawn rates for enemies that's worse than loving Ninja Gaiden.

muddream posted:

thanks friend. my ps2 broke years ago, but i will keep that in mind should konami release the catlevania hd collection in 2018 (includes metal gear solid 6 demo)

If you have a PS3 Lament of Innocence is on PSN as a PS2 classic.

ForeverSmug posted:

Also Aria of sorrow has a kamen rider skeleton that.drops a rider belt and scarf and gives you the ability to rider kick as a soul

If we're arguing best Vania skeletons here

Nah man, best Castlevania skeleton is the skeleton bartender from Portrait of Ruin that attacks by serving drinks at you across a bar and when you kill him he slides back along it in the opposite direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

conceitedguy posted:

I've been hosed in the rear end in a top hat!! It's all over for me!!! Bwargh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVtJz_NR33k

• Locked thread