Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This game can be frustrating at points, but I really enjoyed it. Much, much more satisfying than the sequel.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Seyser Koze posted:

You get one of each weapon type.

Yellow (junk, used to make noise)
Green (single-use, e.g. plastic bags, bits of wire)
Blue (small reusable, e.g. knives and blackjacks)
Red (large reusable, e.g. the baseball bat)

What I like is that each type of item is kept on a different part of Cash's body, so you can see his entire inventory just by looking at him.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I will be pretty impressed to see single segment playthroughs of some of the later levels, because I remember some of them being incredibly brutal.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The last half of Manhunt is much more cathartic than Drakengard, in my experience.

My introduction to this game was the Zoo level with the family, so I originally thought the whole game was about trying to save other victims of Starkweather and his goons. That made this episode with the TV seem much more personal, I guess, because I felt like everything Cash had meant and been killing for was taken out from under him.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I liked the mix you get later. The gunplay gets fast and hilarious in some later sections, but also maddeningly challenging for a first time player in other parts.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

He's still making a film, and he wanted to play with his protagonist's motivations. He started with simple survival, kicked it up with rescuing family, and is now shooting for revenge: I'm sure he hopes Cash's righteous wrath will make good viewing, and he's lined up the Innocentz as the object thereof.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Yeah, this and the next gunplay levelI remember a subway gun battle with cops? I believe are the ones that make me hate the gun levels in the game. We haven't quite gotten to where I gave up on the game yet. Maybe someday I'll go back to this.

Yeah, probably not.

I didn't mind this level so much and really liked the game as a whole, but fuuuuuuuuuuck the one in your spoiler god drat.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I could have sworn I went back through the level to find and shotgun that guy behind the bulletproof glass once. Or I tried to, at least. It's been so long since I played this game I can't actually swear I didn't imagine it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh boy, if I'm remembering this game right, this next level is a doozy.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

For me, getting through the tunnels gauntlet is always the hardest part. Once I could get into the control room safely, it was usually smooth sailing to the end of the level.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I remember luring guys into that hallway before the control room to play "pop-up serial killer," because you can use walls as cover, and that worked for me. I'm pretty sure I did soften up the opposition before hitting the door, though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

When I played this game before, I don't think i really realized how much ground Pigsy was covering, or that he'd apparently been so close to Cash right at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

uncleKitchener posted:

Postal 2 is a superior experience as it's:

1) a fun game
2) enjoyable to watch.

Both of which Manhunt 2 are not.

Let's go Postal 2.

I have no experience with Postal 2 to comment, but Manhunt 2 is pretty drat dire.

• Locked thread