Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
It's a fun game to unwind with. Pretty brain dead, plenty fun. Also I think I've had to charge my Pro controller maybe twice since I've had it (about a year with regular use)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Ciaphas posted:

Hyrule Warriors is getting too repetitive to continue for me, but that was a great 12 or so hours

Still got a couple locked characters though, Ghirahim and Zant I imagine

I'm a masochist who loves Dynasty Warriors so Hyrule Warriors is even more awesome

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

crazkylo posted:

It's a fun game to unwind with. Pretty brain dead, plenty fun. Also I think I've had to charge my Pro controller maybe twice since I've had it (about a year with regular use)

Yeah it takes it a long time to get a full charge but the fucker's battery lasts forever.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Unlike the goddamn gamepad, jesus christ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wii u loving rules. gamecube good, gamecube cubed very loving good.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

Unlike the goddamn gamepad, jesus christ

I complained about the battery life on the gamepad a while back and people just said "Well plug it in more."

It lasts about 3 hours in use. I guess it helps that most games you can just use the pro controller and turn the screen on the pad off and leave it on the stand or charging cradle.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I complained about the battery life on the gamepad a while back and people just said "Well plug it in more."

It lasts about 3 hours in use. I guess it helps that most games you can just use the pro controller and turn the screen on the pad off and leave it on the stand or charging cradle.

The thing is since the pad can be used as a PC controller, that means that there should be a way to unhook it from the system so it's not required at startup.

Pro Controller is good as hell but the software in the system itself keeps the pad teathered to the console as a required device.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I haven't noticed the battery life on the Gamepad mostly because I don't play games for long periods of time in one sitting anymore and I just put it back in the charging cradle any time I have to leave to do anything. I would like to get the extended battery but apparently the Nintendo online store doesn't sell them anymore. I might order them off of Play-Asia or something since they have them in stock among other accessories.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

"3 hours" assuming the brightness is at its lowest

couldnt you buy a better battery for it at some point? the dumb thing has to be plugged in all the time

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

I need to buy a Wii U but my daughter has AIDS.

Lol! I get the ref! Good post, Borscht.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
WII U FOR THE loving WIN

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hyrule Warriors, I enjoyed playing it.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I want a wiiu for smash bros but i don't have the money, and i need money for cloths and a new computer. i am sad i am missing out on the best console in history :(

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Cyron posted:

I want a wiiu for smash bros but i don't have the money, and i need money for cloths and a new computer. i am sad i am missing out on the best console in history :(

I can understand needing a new computer, but Games come before clothes.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

just wear the same clothes until they're worn to the point that they're impossible to mend

that is the true gamer way

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

games dont judge you on the clothes you wear, but the gear your equip

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The Pro controller is okay but nowhere as amazing as what everybody claims. Why are the face buttons so drat far away from the sides? People blame me for apparently having giant hands because I find holding the 3ds for precision play uncomfortable, yet I can barely reach the Y button with my thumb on this chunky thing.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I thought the Wii U was going to be a big box of fail aids, but I bought the windwaker bundle last year, and hell. It's great. I had to suffer through my friend making fun of me for 6 solid months for it, but now they also own one. Who's laughing now?

me bitch

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Probably still quite a while. PS4 will probably start to pick up around Summer next year. I don't know if the xbone ever will, to be honest.

PS4 has sold a whole lot for some reason, so devs will be making games for it since more people own one than other options.

japan reign supreme yet again while xbox crie in corner

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

scalebound and phantom dust reboot will save the xbone....i guarentee it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Ibram Gaunt posted:

scalebound and phantom dust reboot will save the xbone....i guarentee it.

I do not believe that these words will prove to be true.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

i just want scalebound, and more importantly, the phantom dust reboot to do well (they wont) so that they break their exclusivity contract and release it 6 months later on steam like dead rising 3 did.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

theyll probably be good games that people will say are poo poo and poo poo on because theyre xbone exclusive

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

DrPaper posted:

theyll probably be good games that people will say are poo poo and poo poo on because theyre xbone exclusive

I do believe that these words will prove to be true.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

DrPaper posted:

PS4 has sold a whole lot for some reason, so devs will be making games for it since more people own one than other options.

japan reign supreme yet again while xbox crie in corner

Nintendo alienated the dudebros with the Wii

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Real hurthling! posted:

Wii u loving rules. gamecube good, gamecube cubed very loving good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

"3 hours" assuming the brightness is at its lowest

couldnt you buy a better battery for it at some point? the dumb thing has to be plugged in all the time

You got an extra half hour or whatever from the "improved" battery. It wasn't worth the cost and you were better off buying another game because it would cost you around that much.

The Pro Controller has great batter power and it's baffling that the pad doesn't even have 1/4 of it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The gamepad doesn't even have 1/10th of the battery power of the pro controller. But that's because there's a giant loving screen on it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Evil Eagle posted:

The gamepad doesn't even have 1/10th of the battery power of the pro controller. But that's because there's a giant loving screen on it.

It's actually because the pad's interior guts were poorly planned and they wanted to get parts they could have company control over instead of off the shelf parts that were better.

I mean 3 hour battery life for anything is pretty bad. Like the Pad is comparable in size and weight to most laptops or tablets.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Oct 27, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

A giant loving screen that needs a wifi signal to work.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I've yet to use the huge rear end stylus that's on the wii-u pad for anything game related. Other than having it fuction as a replacement DS/3DS stylus because I keep misplacing those.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
The gamepad reminds me a lot of the Sega Gamegear, except it doesn't eat through 6AA batteries every 2 hours.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

i am going to buy a wii u and would like to run it through my pc monitor, what would be the easiest/cheapest way to get sound and video output for both systems without loving around with cables every time i want to use the other?

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

A Steampunk Gent posted:

i am going to buy a wii u and would like to run it through my pc monitor, what would be the easiest/cheapest way to get sound and video output for both systems without loving around with cables every time i want to use the other?

does your pc monitor have speakers?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

does your pc monitor have speakers?
does your soundcard work perfectly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have my wii u plugged into my monitor via hdmi, and then you can take the multiout whatever cable from an original wii and plug that into the wii u and route all audio through that and plug it into whatever

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

theres too much information missing out of his question. where is the audio going to come from????????? if you have audio coming out of monitor and monitor has 2 hdmi inputs, just use second hdmi input. if only one input get hdmi switch. if audio comes from pc, i cant remember if wii u has an aux output or not

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kewpuh posted:

theres too much information missing out of his question. where is the audio going to come from????????? if you have audio coming out of monitor and monitor has 2 hdmi inputs, just use second hdmi input. if only one input get hdmi switch. if audio comes from pc, i cant remember if wii u has an aux output or not

you can plug in a wii component or composite cable and tell the wii u not to output audio through the hdmi, its cool and flexible like that

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I have my Wii U plugged into a large HDTV that I also use as my computer monitor. It has 3 HDMI ports so I am good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

elf help book posted:

you can plug in a wii component or composite cable and tell the wii u not to output audio through the hdmi, its cool and flexible like that

ya but you still dont know what hes using to play audio. if hes using speaker cables off motherboard and doesnt have rca input he'll have to get like a rca to aux converter and then plug it in aux in on the mobo and have to gently caress with that poo poo and switch back and forth with speaker settings on computer when he wants wii u audio

• Locked thread