Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

monitor is connected to the PC via PCI cable, speakers are connected to the PC via a regular audio output, the soundcard works fine as far as i can tell. does that clear things up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
so your monitor is just a pass through for your audio then? does it have a second hdmi input? i would think you could hook wii u hdmi into the monitor and the audio come out the speakers when you switch inputs on it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

the speakers and monitor don't currently connect, they both go into the PC separately. i seem to be doing a terrible job of explaining myself, sorry!

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I timed my gamepad's battery life and with Bayonetta 2 running I can get 4-5 hours out of it before it shuts off, what the gently caress did you people do to your gamepad to ruin its battery life?????

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

bathroomrage posted:

I timed my gamepad's battery life and with Bayonetta 2 running I can get 4-5 hours out of it before it shuts off, what the gently caress did you people do to your gamepad to ruin its battery life?????

Cranked my brightness to max

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

A Steampunk Gent posted:

the speakers and monitor don't currently connect, they both go into the PC separately. i seem to be doing a terrible job of explaining myself, sorry!

you still didnt answer if your monitor has a second hdmi input but yea i think you would basically do hdmi video out of the wii u to monitor and then rca out of the wii u for your audio and if you have rca input on soundcard you can do that or get a converter to aux and input to your soundcard/mobo that way and switch it in pc to pass the audio to your speakers

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

crazkylo posted:

Cranked my brightness to max

my brightness is at max all the time and it still doesn't run out that fast

maybe you're running into the problem some lion batteries have where if you leave it on the charger while its running for too long the battery loses lifespan because lion batteries have retarded power level controllers

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

you still didnt answer if your monitor has a second hdmi input but yea i think you would basically do hdmi video out of the wii u to monitor and then rca out of the wii u for your audio and if you have rca input on soundcard you can do that or get a converter to aux and input to your soundcard/mobo that way and switch it in pc to pass the audio to your speakers

it only has the one but what you said sounds like it should work with what I have, thanks for the advice imp friends

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I am going to buy a wii u. Is getting the 8GB model a big mistake? Apparently even the 32GB will eventually need expanding via an external HDD...is this true?

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

if youre gonna use digital downloads for disc releases a lot then get the 8gb model and an external hard drive

if youre not, then get the 32gb model and never worry about running out

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
32gb isnt big enough to hold both bayonetta 1 and 2 at the same time

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Do they even still sell the 8gb model? I thought they phased that out. Either way I think the 32gb looks way better and is worth it.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

Do they even still sell the 8gb model? I thought they phased that out. Either way I think the 32gb looks way better and is worth it.

Skylanders bundles are still available everywhere. They're only 8gb ones and I think they're the only way to get the 8gb ones anymore.

I was gonna say the refurbs from Nintendo are 32gb and also cheaper but it appears they are out of stock currently.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

As far as I can tell Nintendo don't offer refurbished consoles in Europe anyway.

I'll have a hunt around, thanks for the tips

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have an 8gb from launch day and I've just been using a 2tb external for everything with no problems. 32gb still probably wouldn't be enough for everything.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Most of the bundles cost the same as a 32GB so if you want one of the bundled games, get 32GB. Otherwise 8GB with a hard drive. I got the Wind Waker one.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

bathroomrage posted:

if youre not, then get the 32gb model and never worry about running out

works for me

-game & wario and pikmin 3 weren't too big
-very few games have large updates
-by the time I'll need more space, 32gb cards should be cheap as dirt (they can already be found clearanced to under $10 if you keep up with bargain hunting websites) so my plan is to just buy those up as i need 'em. i buy discs whenever i can and its usually a hosed up situation or an mmorpg when a game needs over 25gb these days

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

isnt bayonetta 1+2 over 20GB

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

isnt bayonetta 1+2 over 20GB

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

You don't really need to buy discs for many first party Nintendo games, as 3d World and Wind Waker HD are just a couple of gigs each. For other games you should probably buy discs, because they can get big.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

You don't really need to buy discs for many first party Nintendo games, as 3d World and Wind Waker HD are just a couple of gigs each. For other games you should probably buy discs, because they can get big.

donkey kong is huge

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It is the year 2014. The best console is the Nintendo Wii U.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's no point in buying digital games for the Wii U as far as I know. There isn't any price difference and you can sell your games when done with them and not worry about space.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
"It is the year 2015. The best console is the Nintendo Wii U." - future good thread

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Mercury Crusader posted:

"It is the year 2015. The best console is the Nintendo Wii U." - future good thread

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Haha like they would call it a 'Wii U', that doesn't even mean anything. :rolleyes:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Haha like they would call it a 'Wii U', that doesn't even mean anything. :rolleyes:

it's a bad name, particularly for marketing purposes

Wii 2 (like We too) makes more sense and would've gotten the point across

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dexters Secret posted:

it's a bad name, particularly for marketing purposes

Wii 2 (like We too) makes more sense and would've gotten the point across

youre an idiot

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

elf help book posted:

youre an idiot

why

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think the name Wii U would be fine if Nintendo had done a better job marketing.

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

in any event it is a cool console and i am glad to have one. my wife loves playing using jsut the tablet like a bigass gameboy

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

it should be called the Nintendo's loving Awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the name was a mistake and everything but i mean it came out two loving years ago i think we can stop talking about that. this isnt games

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

the name was a mistake and everything but i mean it came out two loving years ago i think we can stop talking about that. this isnt games

i didn't realize it was done to death already, i don't really browse Games much

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

i didn't realize it was done to death already, i don't really browse Games much

"better names for the wiiu" comes up as often there as the zelda cycle

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This is the console market we're talking about here. You can call your console the Xbox One when it's the third one and that's fine. Eventually Sony is going to get bored with normal numbers and make the Playstation 5.0 or some poo poo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

youre an idiot for seriously replying to that post

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

"better names for the wiiu" comes up as often there as the zelda cycle

why

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

elf help book posted: