Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Oedipus's mom has got it going on! she's all I want and- ...Wait, did I say mom? I mean Oedipus's wife! she's the love of my life! There is nothing wrong! My wife is probably not my mom!"

I want a full length musical episode of Oedipus Rox.

Yeah, nailed it Smith! When I wrote those words, I wasn't sure about it, but the tune you made up really brought it home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

Wendy Schaal's delivery of "Ring-a-ding-ding" was equally hilarious and disturbing.

I also loved that Klaus had an actually golf cart, but it had a handmade "Security" sign taped to it.

That's one of my favourite things about this show. Like it would have been enough for Klaus to cosplay a security guard, but then he goes to the next level and has his own gold cart AND knows there's no backup coming.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Brave N00b World
Series 17, Episode 6
Stan and Steve enter an e-sports game tournament to save the world. The rest of the family get stuck in a banister.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Francine must not be with them or she'd butter them out

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I have high hopes for that b plot since I feel like with this show often the less interesting a b-plot sounds the better it somehow manages to actually be.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Francine must not be with them or she'd butter them out

She'll probably be the first to get stuck

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Is there a gif anywhere of Francine eating the bees because I need that

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, Linda has been around as recently as last season. She was seen at Tuttle's Eclipse party in "Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted".

I thought it was an eclair party!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Whoa, sick topliary.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I hope Linda ends up like Tuttle

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I just remembered there's a new episode of this show tonight and got a big grin on my face.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
oh man imagine having teddy grahams right now

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Paw patrol! My man!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh no, actual esports.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh no I hate this.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Wow this is bad

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
so it's not just me

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hate that the ice cream was going left to right, and then right to left. You don’t break the 180° rule!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Haven't we seen the driving cane before

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It wasn't great or even good but it had some funny jokes. I'd give it an even C. Maybe a C+ if I was being super generous

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

Haven't we seen the driving cane before

Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady. It's from Eddie Bauer!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I laughed out loud when the world ended in the middle of Jeff's apology to Tuttle. Otherwise, um...hmm. :geno:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

First miss of the season to me, the only major laugh of the night was Lewis's cat speech. I'm just not an esports fan I guess.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Using actual Overwatch clips rather than just some fake game left a nasty taste in my mouth. I guess TBS needs the money.

Interesting they paired it with the Instagram episode.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I got a good laugh out of the truck nuts on the USA culture rocket :shobon:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I liked the "behind you" rule of three and Dick's award

And the retcon in the last five minutes almost elevated the ep to being good

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I feel as though Seth Macfarlane's voice is getting a weird, bubble-in-throat sound that crosses characters.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh Snapple! posted:

The credits scene with the family still being stuck in the banister was great too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I went back and forth on the overwatch scenes. If it was some meta joke it was slightly funny at best, and only the first couple of times. If it was product placement ads or an attempt to get gamers to watch the show then yuck.

Either way, they can't just do "whats roger's wacky persona this week?" every episode.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ChesterJT posted:

Either way, they can't just do "whats roger's wacky persona this week?" every episode.
i wish they didn't burn off a patrick stewart spot for it though

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

I feel as though Seth Macfarlane's voice is getting a weird, bubble-in-throat sound that crosses characters.

He has talked about Stan's voice being hard for him to do because it's so deep -- hopefully it isn't impacting his ability in general.

ChesterJT posted:

I went back and forth on the overwatch scenes. If it was some meta joke it was slightly funny at best, and only the first couple of times. If it was product placement ads or an attempt to get gamers to watch the show then yuck.

I didn't realize that was actual real Overwatch. That's weird.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

That and the music was great.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

He has talked about Stan's voice being hard for him to do because it's so deep -- hopefully it isn't impacting his ability in general.

I hope not. I heard it first in Roger's voice, it sounded different to me and I'm going to try to pinpoint where the shift is. Which means a rewatch, I guess ... ohhhh noooo...

Also as a non-player, Overwatch looks like an incomprehensible startle of shapes. I'm sure you get used to it, but it felt like magic eye pictures dancing across the screen during those scenes

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This episode was a form of native advertising but it was for Chinese ice cream

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

MizPiz posted:

This episode was a form of native advertising but it was for Chinese ice cream

CHINESE ICE CREAM?!? murmurmurmurmurmur

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Even the weak episodes are full of great moments. The licky aliens were funny.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh Snapple! posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Ko83ZOO.mp4

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Wasn't M.A.D. supposed ro keep us safe?

No you idiot that was YOU!

I actually liked this episode. I know everyone hated the esports stuff but it was a pretty spot on. The commentators were great.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

I was looking for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

It's beautiful. :allears: