Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
.... Was that supposed to be a sailor moon costume during the flashback halloween scene?

When stan was a kid? The 80's references could work in a cartoon's floating timeline, but sailor moon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Criss Angel! You freaked my mind you filthy punk! Come see my room.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I can only assume the Dick episode has a joke in it that would be really insensitive right now and that's why it was pulled. I wonder if it has to do with Dick's avatar from the episode where Stan dates Steve.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

MizPiz posted:

Criss Angel! You freaked my mind you filthy punk! Come see my room.

I love that Criss Angel voiced himself in this voice. He's a natural :)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
A Danuta callback? Nice.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Would it blow your mind if I told you that Danuta was in 7 episodes prior to her being creeped on by Klaus?

Her first appearance was in 2013.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Why didn't you just make me a human?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bull3964 posted:

Would it blow your mind if I told you that Danuta was in 7 episodes prior to her being creeped on by Klaus?

Georgie from Boyz 12 was in the bully gang last episode

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, AD is pretty good at background characters. Even if they don't always name them right away, they stay consistent.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

bull3964 posted:

Yes, it would. I've never ever noticed!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Brawnfire posted:

Yes, it would. I've never ever noticed!

She was one of the people that Steve made fake IDs for in "Faking Bad"

She was even named!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2DOLl4uZM&t=75s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I got the strong feeling from the coconut story that the writer had made the mistake of not paying the guy the extra $1

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

bull3964 posted:

She was even named!

I have the feeling there's a world of catefully-detailed moving parts to the American Dad universe and we only see surface-level glimpses at any point

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

I have the feeling there's a world of catefully-detailed moving parts to the American Dad universe and we only see surface-level glimpses at any point

I want an American Dad version of one of those Star Wars character/technology guides that has details about things that are never even mentioned in the series

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The farmers market was extremely on point.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

bull3964 posted:

She was even named!

You freaked my mind!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

bull3964 posted:

She was even named!

That's where I knew Danuta from, so I was surprised to see her again later on. Also, I love how uncool Hayley looks compared to them. Like, the others were clearly ready to go to the club, and Hayley looked like she was going to a church dance or something.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You freaked my mind!

Filthy little mindfreak is what you are, come see my room :q:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't see dick anywhere

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He was there, but it was new Dick.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're delaying the Dick episode so they can make it more graphic.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
is Sheila, Dick's ex-wife, the same Sheila that hurt Krampus??

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

They're delaying the Dick episode so they can make it more graphic.

Bullock: After your last mission, I felt Dick wasn't big and veiny enough! So I had the boys in the lab slap him up with some gamma rays--

Stan: I've heard of those!

Bullock: yes, they're the original famous rays. Anyhow, what came from our experiments none of us could have prepared ourselves for...

Stan: Gasp! Is that...?

Bullock: YES! HULKING DICK!

HULKING DICK: RAAAAAHHH! Hey, Stan! Neat, huh?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"If I have the banana, then- Oh no!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Davros1 posted:

"If I have the banana, then- Oh no!"

https://i.imgur.com/hO8r2kU.mp4

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I like how there's no explanation as to why the monkey was on a bunch of balloons.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

bull3964 posted:

I like how there's no explanation as to why the monkey was on a bunch of balloons.

He took them at gunpoint, obviously.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I laughed especially hard at that because I expected the cutaway to be his kid doing something with it, as I'm sure they intended.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
Rogutilda

The proper episode is on Amazon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MikusR posted:

Rogutilda

The proper episode is on Amazon.

Aw poo poo, Amazon must not have gotten the message about the last minute schedule change (this happens sometimes)! Well, their gently caress up is my gain, I'm cool with shelling out 3 bucks for an extra episode of American dad this week (although that means no new episode next week, but that's future me's problem)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

that's future me's problem

gently caress that guy!

*one week later*

drat you, Past Space Cadet Omoly!!!!!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress that guy!

*one week later*

drat you, Past Space Cadet Omoly!!!!!

Yeah that's pretty much how I live my life all the time.

I'm not going to give any major spoilers since the episode didn't officially air, but I do have two things to say about it:

1.) It's good, I liked it a lot.

2.) Someone speculated that the episode was pulled because it might be considered offensive given the current climate of protest. While there wasn't anything (as far as I could tell) that could be considered offensive to BLM, the episode does feature someone getting shot, so if the episode was moved back on purpose I would guess that's probably the reason. A little overly cautious, but understandable.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah that's pretty much how I live my life all the time.

I'm not going to give any major spoilers since the episode didn't officially air, but I do have two things to say about it:

1.) It's good, I liked it a lot.

2.) Someone speculated that the episode was pulled because it might be considered offensive given the current climate of protest. While there wasn't anything (as far as I could tell) that could be considered offensive to BLM, the episode does feature someone getting shot, so if the episode was moved back on purpose I would guess that's probably the reason. A little overly cautious, but understandable.

I haven't seen the Dick episode but Steve gets shot (a lot) in Monday's episode too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zero One posted:

I haven't seen the Dick episode but Steve gets shot (a lot) in Monday's episode too.

Oh right I forgot about that, in fact going back and checking the Steve shooting scene is way more violent and graphic then the shooting that happens in Roger needs Dick.....welp, there goes that theory. I have no friggin' idea why they aired that episode instead of the Dick one, seriously I got nothing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I haven't seen it, but according to reddit Stan kneels during the national anthem or at least talks about it. I can understand them not airing that right now, especially if the context it's less than serious.

I'm kinda surprised that so many here would have missed that.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 3, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

I haven't seen it, but according to reddit Stan kneels during the national anthem. I can understand them not airing that right now, especially if the context it's less than serious.

I guess that could be it? Full context: You don't even see him do it, he just mentions that he did it. If that's the reason then the network executives were being REALLY overly cautious.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I don't think it's being overly cautious at all. The nation is at a level of racially fueled civil unrest not seen since the 60s. It's kinda bad taste to have a comedy character have a throwaway line about the most visible form of peaceful protest related to the movement even if it wasn't directly played as a joke.

There's a lot of people dealing with a lot of pain right now and American Dad isn't the appropriate venue to remind them of that right at the moment.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

bull3964 posted:

I don't think it's being overly cautious at all. The nation is at a level of racially fueled civil unrest not seen since the 60s. It's kinda bad taste to have a comedy character have a throwaway line about the most visible form of peaceful protest related to the movement even if it wasn't directly played as a joke.

There's a lot of people dealing with a lot of pain right now and American Dad isn't the appropriate venue to remind them of that right at the moment.

Fair enough, I guess I didn't see it as that bad because the kneeling wasn't portrayed as negative.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yep that was the line. Bit crazy to even have it as a throwaway but I can totally understand pulling the ep.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I watched the Dick episode. Very good. I love episodes that focus On Roger's personas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Young ones may not remember just how tetchy content providers get when confronted with current events

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

Look at the list of songs. Look at it