Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zero One posted:

Roger was excellent in that one, though.

Are there any disguise-era episodes that Roger is lovely in? I'm sure there is going to be an avalanche of answers, even though I can't actually think of any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Well, what do you say? Did we land Francine Ice?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I've built this large Plex library and I sleep with a collection of shows on shuffle at a low volume each night. Any way, the first time I saw "Rabbit Ears", it was after I woke up at 2 or 3 AM. What a perfect way to experience that episode for the first time.

Every so often the stars align and you get a perfect media viewing experience like that.

Nep-Nep posted:

Well, what do you say? Did we land Francine Ice?

What? What'd I say?

Did I just tell everyone I'm an alien?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

YeahTubaMike posted:

Are there any disguise-era episodes that Roger is lovely in? I'm sure there is going to be an avalanche of answers, even though I can't actually think of any.

Personally I can't stand Ricky Spanish or the episode where he's a murderous limo driver, Roger should be harmless or even downright pathetic once you get past the bluster and ego he usually presents, having him be a murderer ruins him as a character

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I can't stand Ricky Spanish or the episode where he's a murderous limo driver, Roger should be harmless or even downright pathetic once you get past the bluster and ego he usually presents, having him be a murderer ruins him as a character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

drrockso20 posted:

Mods?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

drrockso20 posted:

:catstare:

Well, we're all entitled to our own opinions, but I have not ever encountered this one before.

I assume you don't like Dudley Dingleberry either? He's not my favorite either, I get it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If Roger didn't kill people we wouldn't have "is Chaz gonna be okay?"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Roger's killed five people over twenty dollars, and he's also killed six people over nineteen dollars.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Tetraduel, Octaduel have probably murdered more people than any one persona.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Nep-Nep posted:

If Roger didn't kill people we wouldn't have "is Chaz gonna be okay?"

That one I'm fine with because of the gag that he didn't think that would kill him, same with the time he got hopped up on cocaine and shot up a bunch of gang bangers

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

drrockso20 posted:

the time he got hopped up on cocaine and shot up a bunch of gang bangers

This is one of the episodes my brother showed me to get me to watch AD, I love this subplot.

"I'm incredibly focused right now!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Oh man, I have to admit I hated that B-plot because I just didn't think Steve would be so stupid. Same with the B-plot where they convince Steve he's lucid-dreaming and he gets that girl impaled on a fence. He -- like Jeff -- is dim perhaps, but not a complete moron.

Like, I know it's a cartoon where an alien in disguise shoots up a bunch of coke dealers with his cartilage arms & lightning speed & perfect aim and it doesn't have to be REALISTIC, it just seemed too out of character for Steve.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh man, I have to admit I hated that B-plot because I just didn't think Steve would be so stupid. Same with the B-plot where they convince Steve he's lucid-dreaming and he gets that girl impaled on a fence. He -- like Jeff -- is dim perhaps, but not a complete moron.

Like, I know it's a cartoon where an alien in disguise shoots up a bunch of coke dealers with his cartilage arms & lightning speed & perfect aim and it doesn't have to be REALISTIC, it just seemed too out of character for Steve.

Ugh, I forgot about the lucid dreaming one, that was just horrible.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oh I agree that outside of that scene that subplot was idiotic, every now and then the writers seem to forget that Steve is supposed to be a fairly smart(if often naive and/or gullible) teenager and instead write him like he's an 8 to 10 year old that may or may not be special needs

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

drrockso20 posted:

...instead write him like he's an 8 to 10 year old that may or may not be special needs

I was under the ice for six minutes! black doctor said I was almost an angel!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Steve is gullible when presented with a reality he wants to be true

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I was gonna say that Steve was so stupid he forgot the English language after hiding out in the house for less a month, but then I remembered that he was just doing that to make us laugh.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Flap flap ze zap zap!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Steve is a genius that's why when he and Roger left home to find their fortune in New York it went amazingly!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Beauregard was a very off-putting little guy

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was gonna say that Steve was so stupid he forgot the English language after hiding out in the house for less a month, but then I remembered that he was just doing that to make us laugh.

I loved the looks of silent disdain the whole family gave him when he revealed this.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drrockso20 posted:

What about Great Space Roaster

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That sunglasses crying reveal slays me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The roast one is like the only "super murderer roger" episode I dont care for. And overall it's a B- but him escaping from prison I was kinda like, yeesh

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

FireWorksWell posted:

Ugh, I forgot about the lucid dreaming one, that was just horrible.

Look at all the weird government and alien tech Steve sees. Is it that weird he's more gullible and thinks the world is just a bit more magic than it is?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I can buy him being gullible but the subplot as a whole leaves a bad taste.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I'm the American Dad watcher who can suspend disbelief in the cartoon where everyone's memories reset to zero after every episode

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Is that why it's father's day again?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

Beauregard was a very off-putting little guy

"This is so humiliating, can't you just have sex with me?"* is such a great quote.

Also "You know Beauregard LeFontaine, the greyhound-riding half-man? His middle name is Lawrence! What a freak!" coming from a boy with the middle name Anita is rich.

*both quotes possibly inexact

FireWorksWell posted:

I can buy him being gullible but the subplot as a whole leaves a bad taste.

Thank you

RC Cola posted:

I'm the American Dad watcher who can suspend disbelief in the cartoon where everyone's memories reset to zero after every episode

Nah, gently caress that, Stan will always be Tom Yabo's stepson

edit for spelling

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 9, 2022

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Well yes everyone forgets their dreams after a few hours typically.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

MISter YAbo is TAKING me to NIAgara FALLS for our HONeymoon

Seriously, that's how you sound

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
*sips champagne while watching Tom & Betty make out*

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I love that running bit of Francine's detached wine drinking.

When Snot's crying over his dead daughter out front of their house, for instance

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

FireWorksWell posted:

I love that running bit of Francine's detached wine drinking.

When Snot's crying over his dead daughter out front of their house, for instance

I like that Francine doesn't really lie or exaggerate. When she tells you something batshit insane from her past, believe her.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

RC Cola posted:

As you may remember, a few months, but what seems like years ago, Your father convinced me to stop taking what he thought were mere vitamins, but were, in fact, an anti-psychotic medication!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

What's the episode where francine asks Stan to turn lights off on his way out and then stirs a pot going "la la la la la la"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Francine might be the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

limp_cheese posted:

I like that Francine doesn't really lie or exaggerate. When she tells you something batshit insane from her past, believe her.

Yeah, I killed my college roommate. I can't believe you didn't know that! I stabbed her. :)