Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are you shushing me because you want me to be quiet or because you don't know?

... shush!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

When's the new season start for real? Spring?

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Is this episode on streaming anywhere

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A MIRACLE posted:

Is this episode on streaming anywhere

I just checked TBS.com and they have it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"Make sure you let everyone in except for these guys....oh and also LeBron James, he broke Miami's heart'

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I speak Hebrew now?

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Love AD but that was a weak Xmas episode. When does the new season start regularly?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It was a pretty good Hanukkah episode though.:v:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the new episode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
February 12th.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
TBS has renewed the show for two more seasons.

https://twitter.com/TVbytheNumbers/status/951520611825864704

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We got clips! Excuse me, sir?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSAj1tEtU0k

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

That wasn't particularly good(the whole Hamster thing felt a bit too wacky for something not involving Roger or Klaus, plus didn't like the oxycontin joke either)

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Would you say the clip was all fluff and no substance?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Loomer posted:

Would you say the clip was all fluff and no substance?

That clip just proved that things are getting too spicy for the pepper.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I found the clip to be shallow and pedantic.

Me upon hearing the news of two more seasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgqLpMy6pj8&t=33s

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 13, 2018

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
While self-medicating for period cramps ( :420: ), I watched Kloger for the first time and I don't think I've ever laughed that hard for that long in my entire life. Holy poo poo, this show rules.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I’ve been trying to evangelize this show more, and I want to give them an optimal entry-point into the series.

Honestly I think the series got good pretty quickly, right around the time Roger got his Jamaican outfit.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Pretty much once they dropped the neocon bush era jokes it got gud. So early season 2

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A MIRACLE posted:

Pretty much once they dropped the neocon bush era jokes it got gud. So early season 2

The two things that led to American Dad getting really good are A) the move away from political humor to character based humor and B) letting Roger get out of the house.

"Hurricane!" is a good intro episode (sets up all the characters well) and "The One that got Away" is a good follow up (shows off the full potential of Roger as a character).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love the episode where Roger's persona gains his own life. That's what I tend to show people.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
"Bullocks to Stan" is the first great episode

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
GOG had a sale recently where you could buy both enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate I & II for $10, so I grabbed them. Starting up a new character and watching the first movie, I noted one of the characters had a very familiar voice. Sarevok. Looking into it I found out that Kevin Michael Richardson voice acted him, and he also does the voice for Principal Lewis.

Principal Lewis is Sarevok :stare:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Brawnfire posted:

I love the episode where Roger's persona gains his own life. That's what I tend to show people.

That's the one I was talking about : "The One that got away", it's one of my favorites :)

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"It's okay. I have both."

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

The Dark Project posted:

GOG had a sale recently where you could buy both enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate I & II for $10, so I grabbed them. Starting up a new character and watching the first movie, I noted one of the characters had a very familiar voice. Sarevok. Looking into it I found out that Kevin Michael Richardson voice acted him, and he also does the voice for Principal Lewis.

OHHH

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope everyone knows SCott Grimes, who is Steve is on The Orville.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I hope everyone knows SCott Grimes, who is Steve is on The Orville.

Every so often you hear the Steve screaming, and it’s great. :allears:

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
And he also played "Malarkey" in Band of Brothers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And Dr. Douche on ER

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The_Doctor posted:

Every so often you hear the Steve screaming, and it’s great. :allears:

I'm waiting for the musical episode where he gets to sing.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Dark Project posted:

Uhhhh no he’s not. Principal Lewis is voiced by Clancy Brown.

What’s the name of the song Snot air-guitars to at the end of the episode where Stan puts him in fake witness protection? It owns and I wanna see if I can find more like it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

What? No he isn't.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

No...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEEzbUcVzqU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

What’s the name of the song Snot air-guitars to at the end of the episode where Stan puts him in fake witness protection? It owns and I wanna see if I can find more like it.

its a joe satriani song - Always with Me, Always with You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI57QHL6ge0

im a nerd

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... hunh. :psyduck:

Welp, I’m not sure what’s real anymore.

A MIRACLE posted:

its a joe satriani song - Always with Me, Always with You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI57QHL6ge0

im a nerd

Thank you. I just looked this guy up on Wikipedia and found out he’s the current guitarist for Chickenfoot, a band that also consists of Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony. So uhh, yeah, Chickenfoot owns and I understand why they got a plug on Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The two things that led to American Dad getting really good are A) the move away from political humor to character based humor and B) letting Roger get out of the house.

"Hurricane!" is a good intro episode (sets up all the characters well) and "The One that got Away" is a good follow up (shows off the full potential of Roger as a character).

I think when Bullock dates Haley is when the series shifted to the right direction.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I only realised quite recently that ‘Tears of a Clooney’ is the last episode of Season 1, and not a more settled one like.. 3 or 4 like I’d thought. It’s pretty much the show as it became by that point already. That and the previous episode where Roger joins the frat are the show having found its way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
And then you have Camp Refoogee to open season 2 and the potential of Roger's personas is fully unleashed. The show does actually find it's stride a lot sooner than people usually seem to think.

Most of season 1 is not nearly as bad as people say either. A lot of things that make the show great are already there pretty soon after the pilot, it's just Roger who isn't yet.

Even then there are some classic Roger episodes: http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek

^ episode 8.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 1, 2018