Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ok I just watched that scene and now I get the joke

Steve is too young to be driving so he pretends to act older

"do you know why I pulled you over?"
"probably because I prefer the feel of a real newspaper"

old people like real newspapers instead of digital copies

Steve is pretending to act old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I guess that makes more sense than mine, I thought it was supposed to be some kind of police brutality joke

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Probably because I forgot to take my Centrum Silver and that Chocolate Ensure I didn't finish because it was too rich for me."

Would have worked better. imo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im watching the episode where Stan is addicted to crack and when he is talking during the intervention he mentions that "It's super fun to walk around high in a wig" and Roger's look of genuine pride made me laugh extremely outloud and was definitely the highest point of my day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its super annoying that apparently none of the TBS episodes are available on streaming.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bust Rodd posted:

Im watching the episode where Stan is addicted to crack and when he is talking during the intervention he mentions that "It's super fun to walk around high in a wig" and Roger's look of genuine pride made me laugh extremely outloud and was definitely the highest point of my day.

Get down get down!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bust Rodd posted:

That always makes me laugh too. Definitely one of my favorite moments from the show.

When is the next season supposed to start?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SeANMcBAY posted:

That always makes me laugh too. Definitely one of my favorite moments from the show.

When is the next season supposed to start?

Not announced yet, but given previous season breaks on TBS I'd say either February or March.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Bust Rodd posted:

It's not just that it's hilarious, but that it makes you feel like the writers love this show just as much as you do. Family Guy just feels churned out in comparison.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 8, 2017

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Its super annoying that apparently none of the TBS episodes are available on streaming.

They’re on the TBS app, at least the latest season is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Not announced yet, but given previous season breaks on TBS I'd say either February or March.

With a three month break between the first third and a month long break between second and last.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
TBS aren’t going to let us down for Christmas! :toot:

Santa, Schmanta
Airing: December 25, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

gently caress yes. Time for a marathon of the previous Christmas episodes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Santa, Schmanta

Excellent, American Dad has consistently amazing Christmas specials.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

a Christmas episode actually on Christmas! what a concept

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Santa, Schmanta

Excellent.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hell yes. Sounds like a perfect ending to Christmas day to get a little boozy and watch the AD special

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Can’t wait, these specials are always great.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Carlosologist posted:

a Christmas episode actually on Christmas! what a concept

It’s the one tv concept Britain actually got right.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bust Rodd posted:

It's probably my favorite American Dad thing by far. How Roger goes from a serious to a sorta nostalgic and understanding face is incredible.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mans posted:

It's probably my favorite American Dad thing by far. How Roger goes from a serious to a sorta nostalgic and understanding face is incredible.

I AM INCREDIBLY FOCUSED RIGHT NOW. *firing assault rifle at coke dealers while shooting the ceiling with shotgun in other hand*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

I AM INCREDIBLY FOCUSED RIGHT NOW. *firing assault rifle at coke dealers while shooting the ceiling with shotgun in other hand*

That whole coked up shoot out was amazing: https://youtu.be/85NWi8rIZ60

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 7, 2017

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That whole coked up shoot out was amazing: https://youtu.be/85NWi8rIZ60

I love the whole "my spells defeated the death eaters" thing and you see all the bloody corpses splayed around the room.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
New seasons were added to Netflix, and I just watched the one where Steve and Snot throw the party. I like how the last kid to leave is Steven Universe.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Santa, Schmanta
(Season 12, Episode 23)
When the Smiths are too busy preparing for Christmas to pay attention to Roger, Roger turns his attention to Steve’s friend Snot. Snot teaches Roger about Hanukkah, prompting Roger to convert to Judaism. Roger then decides that he can make Hanukkah more popular than Christmas by stealing Santa Claus’ powers and becoming Schmanta Claus. But, being Roger, he abuses his new Schmanta powers. leading the Smiths and Snot to find the real Santa Claus in an attempt to take down Roger.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Technically, Season 13 Episode 1.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

New seasons were added to Netflix, and I just watched the one where Steve and Snot throw the party. I like how the last kid to leave is Steven Universe.

I just checked Netflix and it says AD's available on DVD only?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

dovetaile posted:

Outside the US I believe Netflix still has all the seasons/episodes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu has episodes in the US but only the Fox ones, not any of the TBS episodes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Outside the US I believe Netflix still has all the seasons/episodes.

Not in the UK, we don’t have any. :(

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

My body is ready

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

A MIRACLE posted:

My body is ready

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

I was hoping this would just loop with the hand waving, because this is how I feel about my favorite Christmas specials.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

dovetaile posted:

In canada they just added the last fox/first TBS season, and then the next season. I had completely forgotten the one where Stan fucks up the White Elephant party.

P-Stew needs to be on the Orville so he can say "Bring me the anal tarring brush!!" in real life.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This episode is amazing.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

dovetaile posted:

This episode is amazing.

"Is he speaking Jewish?"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This was at 8? Goddamn you TBS!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lets get Jewy!

Were the elfs throwing gelt? That's what chocolate coins are called right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dovetaile posted:

"Is he speaking Jewish?"

Are you shushing me because you want me to be quiet or because you don't know?