Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

twistedmentat posted:

AD was all about how it was super creepy, Cleveland was just reinforcing that women should save themselves out of some male desire.

Which is why Cleveland is terrible.

Edit: You know Steve's never going to be a noted sex-haver even if he gets a real girlfriend, it's just not in his character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kwyndig posted:

Which is why Cleveland is terrible.

Edit: You know Steve's never going to be a noted sex-haver even if he gets a real girlfriend, it's just not in his character.

He doesn't have to be, just that it happens enough to permanently retire the "Steve tries to have sex/get a girlfriend" plot, cause they've used that one 40 something times over the course of the series(probably closer to 50 by now) and it's really stale*

*what makes it weird is that they clearly realized that Hayley's variation of that plot had gotten old and retired it by having her and Jeff get married(although they did bring it back once or twice during that period where Jeff was in space)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BattleTech posted:

It's super duper creepy. The cleveland show did a similar episode, but their phrasing was something along the lines of "Jr, would you rather have an unopened can of soda, or an opened can of soda that somebody put their penis in". Which in some ways is way worse than the AD one.

I know TCS gets a lot of poo poo on this forum but there was no way they didn't wrap it up by someone learning a lesson.

In any case, I'm glad steve got a win for once. He's a good egg

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

One slight problem I had with the water-slide plotline: if someone breaks onto your property (like the water-slide guy) and does something you tell them not to do (they told him to go away and not use the slide) and kills themselves while doing it, have you actually done anything illegal? Obviously hiding the body is a crime so they would have gone to jail for that, but before that it didn't seem like they had actually done anything wrong. The water-slide guy used an untested product without permission, Jeff/Hayley/Roger/Klaus were not responsible for his death and if they had just been honest about what happened they would have faced no repercussions.

I didn't mind too much because it was funny as Hell, but it still kind of bugged me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hahaha apparently they didn't. To be fair it was a first season episode and god that show had a rough start. At least it got a little funnier though. I liked it better than FG by miles.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Steve is obviously saving himself for Snot, his true love.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

dovetaile posted:

Steve is obviously saving himself for Snot, his true love.

I could see Steve being bi or pansexual.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

Hell, they've toyed around with him being trans before.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure that's been canon for a while now:

At the very least he and Snot clearly have stuff they need to work out.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The entire cast is treated as sexually fluid at this point in the run and more power to it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Neeksy posted:

The entire cast is treated as sexually fluid at this point in the run and more power to it.

Roger emits and aura that just makes people wanna bone down.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That was a really great episode. You Americans are hosed up about sex sometimes.

Next episode:

Oretron Trail
(Season 13, Episode 11)
Roger becomes worried about outliving the family. Klaus opens a convenience store in the attic.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
more Klaus at all times, TIA

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

That was a really great episode. You Americans are hosed up about sex sometimes.

Next episode:

Oretron Trail
(Season 13, Episode 11)
Roger becomes worried about outliving the family. Klaus opens a convenience store in the attic.

So what sane and rational solution will Roger use to solve this problem?

I'm betting on some immobile life support machine that has a lot of tubes and wires implanted in the family's skin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Or they’re just suddenly functionally immortal. Because, you know, why not.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I mean, not outliving someone is kinda simple, but I doubt that's his preferred solution.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

MizPiz posted:

So what sane and rational solution will Roger use to solve this problem?

I'm betting on some immobile life support machine that has a lot of tubes and wires implanted in the family's skin.

Goldfish bodies for everyone!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Stoive! Royger!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Weird episode. Kind of felt like it needed a more realistic bodega and more true to the original Oregon Trail game. Everything was too amped up, no nuance in either plot.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 08:54 on May 1, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Bodega didn't have a cat that I could see.

Also, ripped Hayley :allears:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

twistedmentat posted:

Also, ripped Hayley :allears:

Pretty much my reaction as well

I'll admit I kinda have a thing for fit girls, so it's sometimes a little awkward when a show or other piece of media inadvertently caters to my tastes in that regard, especially when it's a cartoon

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stoyve? Roidger!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Was expecting it to be an entire oregon trail gimmick episode. Also I hate the way Steve was pronouncing it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was expecting it to be an entire oregon trail gimmick episode. Also I hate the way Steve was pronouncing it

Stoive was pronouncing it just fine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What an odd episode. It felt like it both went on too long, and then wasn't long enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nichael posted:

Stoive was pronouncing it just fine.

Nah it sounds lame as poo poo like that.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The_Doctor posted:

What an odd episode. It felt like it both went on too long, and then wasn't long enough.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It felt like the poo poo with Klaus needed more time and interaction with the family.

It was an entertaining episode but it's definitely one of the weaker ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Couldn't have said it better myself. It felt like the poo poo with Klaus needed more time and interaction with the family.

And the 'sucked into Oregon Trail' bit came at like the 3/4 mark, when it should have been much earlier.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mean Francine
(Season 13, Episode 12)
Francine falls in with a group of tough girls after becoming the new school guidance counselor. Jeff panics when he loses his hat.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Mean Francine
(Season 13, Episode 12)
Francine falls in with a group of tough girls after becoming the new school guidance counselor. Jeff panics when he loses his hat.

This one sounds amazing.

This season has been really great so far, the only episode I didn't enjoy is "My Purity Ball and Chain", and not because it wasn't well written or funny it's just that those purity groups creep me out so much even jokes about them make me feel uncomfortable.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah it was weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I was in a chinese restaurant today for lunch and I notice at the next table there’s this hot Asian guy in a white polo, and to my shame my first thought was ‘Big Wang Bai, who invite you?’ :cripes:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

limp_cheese posted:

I thought the Klaus stuff was pretty hilarious.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

So I was in a chinese restaurant today for lunch and I notice at the next table there’s this hot Asian guy in a white polo, and to my shame my first thought was ‘Big Wang Bai, who invite you?’ :cripes:

Were you wearing your youthful holiday wig?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

This is why you keep getting molested.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought the Klaus stuff was pretty hilarious.

It was easily the best part of the episode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Golden Girls???

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I love just how deeply weird this episode was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poor Jeff and his hat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The "To Be Continued..." was incredible. I hope they continue it.