Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
This was pure distilled every sitcom from the 90s and I loved it. The Uncle Phil throw out the door for the annoying British cousins was a nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
The only thing missing was Stan's brother and best friend moving in to help him raise his three daughters.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That "puppy pound" thing freaked me out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

That "puppy pound" thing freaked me out.

:woof:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the end of Steve's storyline was perfect. I wasn't really feeling it until then, but that made it all worth it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

God drat I hope they make that Rogu spawn a recurring character, I want him in a different little outfit for every episode

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Hayley singing the theme song was the cherry on top.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good news, I love Spitz. She is the best.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I would watch Top of the Spitz.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PostNouveau posted:

Holy poo poo the end of Steve's storyline was perfect. I wasn't really feeling it until then, but that made it all worth it.

"Pendlingtonton Academy -- a division of Fox TV". "NO BEATLES, EVER!"

God drat that episode.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Heeeeeeyy J-

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Funnyish Games
Season 15, Episode 19
Francine becomes obsessed with home security after a break-in rattles her. Steve tries on Hayley’s laidback approach to school work.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's super weird. There are multiple comedy shows on TV, where something funny will happen and I'll think "that was funny", or smile. But there are only a couple of shows where I'll laugh, and American Dad is pretty much the only one that makes me laugh so hard I'll have to pause the show.

I'm super into the increasingly weird and meta stuff they're doing, and the last episode was a great example of that. One of my favourite things (besides the principal's weird obsession with Steve's dick) was Roger reacting to events. When they smash cut from "BATTLE OF THE BANDS!" to the four of them standing with instruments in their room and Roger goes "what the..." while looking confused, I lost it.

Super weird to think this was created by the guy who made Family Guy because I can't stand Family Guy and love American Dad. Maybe Seth just isn't that involved with writing American Dad?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Der Shovel posted:

It's super weird. There are multiple comedy shows on TV, where something funny will happen and I'll think "that was funny", or smile. But there are only a couple of shows where I'll laugh, and American Dad is pretty much the only one that makes me laugh so hard I'll have to pause the show.

I'm super into the increasingly weird and meta stuff they're doing, and the last episode was a great example of that. One of my favourite things (besides the principal's weird obsession with Steve's dick) was Roger reacting to events. When they smash cut from "BATTLE OF THE BANDS!" to the four of them standing with instruments in their room and Roger goes "what the..." while looking confused, I lost it.

Super weird to think this was created by the guy who made Family Guy because I can't stand Family Guy and love American Dad. Maybe Seth just isn't that involved with writing American Dad?

Seth McFarland has said he has no involvement with American Dad's production but he still does a great job with the voice work so it's win-win

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Nastier Nate posted:

Seth McFarland has said he has no involvement with American Dad's production but he still does a great job with the voice work so it's win-win

Oh yeah, absolutely no complaints about him as a voice actor. That part is fine, even if he does usually just ... sound like himself. But that's kinda the point, I guess.

And also that probably explains why American Dad is so much better.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

He doesn't really have any creative involvement with Family Guy anymore either.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Family Guy is done entirely using a specialized Seth MacFarlane sound board now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I have a sneaking suspicion he reads the FG scripts for the first time as it’s in front of him in the recording booth.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Der Shovel posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely no complaints about him as a voice actor. That part is fine, even if he does usually just ... sound like himself. But that's kinda the point, I guess.

And also that probably explains why American Dad is so much better.

What's interesting is he wasn't going to be the voice of Stan. He recorded mainly as a temp track until the found someone else, but in the end, they couldn't find someone who could capture what Seth does as Stan. Seth even said playing Stan is incredibly draining for him as an actor.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'll go so far as to say the show would not be nearly as good with anyone else doing Stan, or Roger for that matter.

I think the bully episode might be one of the best episodes for showcasing his range with the character.

It's also one of the best because it has Stelio.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Der Shovel posted:

One of my favourite things (besides the principal's weird obsession with Steve's dick)

These jokes owned though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

What's interesting is he wasn't going to be the voice of Stan. He recorded mainly as a temp track until the found someone else, but in the end, they couldn't find someone who could capture what Seth does as Stan. Seth even said playing Stan is incredibly draining for him as an actor.

Same for his sister playing Hayley.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

PostNouveau posted:

That's really surprising, she's a great voice actor I assumed she was their first choice.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

PostNouveau posted:

I could have sworn I heard that the the voice actor for Hayley was Seth's daughter. Then again I have no idea if Seth has any children.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

I could have sworn I heard that the the voice actor for Hayley was Seth's daughter. Then again I have no idea if Seth has any children.

I don't think so, and if so I doubt he had any old enough to voice act 14 years ago.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I learned last Sunday that Hayley's voice actor in the pilot was Laura Prepon.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Milo and POTUS posted:

These jokes owned though

Yeah they were great, that's why they were my favourite thing in the episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh I misread it I guess. I really got a kick out of the clanging like a bell one.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh I misread it I guess. I really got a kick out of the clanging like a bell one.

Nah now that I saw it again I realize I phrased it poorly. "Aside from the principal's weird obsession with Steve's dick" probably would've been better.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

We're not getting you one of those boy chairs with a hole cut out for your little wiener. 

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

Funnyish Games
Season 15, Episode 19
Francine becomes obsessed with home security after a break-in rattles her. Steve tries on Hayley’s laidback approach to school work.

Where are you getting your numbers from? The seasons are all over the place but everyone seems to agree Top of the Steve was 19.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Where are you getting your numbers from? The seasons are all over the place but everyone seems to agree Top of the Steve was 19.

Ah, you’re right, it’s ep 20.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I choose to believe in a negative episode, it makes as much sense as the rest of American Dad.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Gaunab posted:

I learned last Sunday that Hayley's voice actor in the pilot was Laura Prepon.

This makes me sad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I for one am happy with fewer Scientologists in my favorite shows.

Also lol at That 70’s Show vaulting every single career into the stratosphere, what a great loving show.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Where’s Stiiiiick?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nice hat, for a clown.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Stick in the window

The Home Depot scene was :discourse: The credits stinger just made it better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat that stinger was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Klaus' weird motions when he's crying over stick.