Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Frostwerks posted:

Did this episode have a live action cutaway with Andy Dick or am I imagining poo poo again. For real, I could have swore I saw him recently in something but I can't remember what. Also but unrelated (I hope) the phrase "it's amazing how much elasticity the human rectum has" or something to that effect.
Re: that bit about the human rectum, are you getting American Dad! mixed up with a Patton Oswalt routine about movie producer Robert Evans? For some reason I'm having trouble linking it with the specific t= thing in the video link, so just skip it to 2 minutes and 35 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN226PToig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I don't remember an episode where Roger was Pippi Longstocking.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Majorian posted:

Switched this latest episode off after the first five minutes. I might give it another chance later, but I hate militant atheist preachiness as much as I hate religious right preachiness, so...not really impressed.

Now that was an episode that should have been a multi-part one.

And needed more ~RICKY SPANISSSSSH~

You thought that episode was somehow anti-God? Please, enlighten me.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

That perfect tropical island had goo written all over it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can't be the only person who loves this show but absolutely hates Steve's singing, right? I muted all the Steve parts of this episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

They made a reference to this:

quote:

Charles Guiteau
The Prisoner's Last Words
(June 30, 1882)
I am now going to read some verses which are intended to
indicate my feelings at the moment of leaving this world. If set to music they may be rendered very effective. The idea is that of a child babbling to his mamma and his papa. I wrote it this morning about ten o'clock:
I am going to the Lordy, I am so glad,
I am going to the Lordy, I am so glad,
I am going to the Lordy,
Glory hallelujah! Glory hallelujah!
I am going to the Lordy.
I love the Lordy with all my soul,
Glory hallelujah!
And that is the reason I am going to the Lord,
I am going to the Lord.
I saved my party and my land,
Glory hallelujah!
But they have murdered me for it,
And that is the reason I am going to the Lordy,
I am going to the Lordy!
I wonder what I will do when I get to the Lordy,
I guess that I will weep no more
When I get to the Lordy!
Glory hallelujah!
I wonder what I will see when I get to the Lordy,
I expect to see most glorious things,
Beyond all earthly conception
When I am with the Lordy!
I am with the Lord.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Ceramics posted:

Great episode, didn't feel "off" like some of the TBS ones do IMO. Would have fit right in 5 seasons or so ago.

I agree.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

He was only funny the first appearance and embarassingly unfunny the other times.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Piper posted:

Everything about "Steve's" movie was hilarious. Including Roger the grip putting a step-stool under the monkey mid-scene.

It had the creative touches of a man who might think fine dining was a ravioli burger or cap'n crunch vegetable tempura.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The animation sucked at the beginning of the show but so many good episodes. Currently watching one now. "Start over, jumpy tiny!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The return of the Cilantro song.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Two eps in a row with crazy murderous small town folk.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

"It's okay. I have both."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I just rewatched Rabbit Ears and it definitely has a new resonance after weeks quarantined.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I think "An Irish Goodbye"

"Jeff, stand in the corner."
"Love to be where those two walls meet!"

Possibly the best Rogu episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Only you, Rogu!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bull3964 posted:

She was one of the people that Steve made fake IDs for in "Faking Bad"

She was even named!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2DOLl4uZM&t=75s

You freaked my mind!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Young ones may not remember just how tetchy content providers get when confronted with current events

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_Channel_memorandum

Look at the list of songs. Look at it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jackie Daytona is a persona even Roger would find impressive.

I'm hoping in two seasons Roger has a disguise that's just jeans and a toothpick.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I hope it was a joke that 19 was a field number on the craps layout.

Two six sided dice can't roll a 19.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The only line from that episode I enjoyed was "Lock the doors until everyone does the Barry."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Klaus' crying is always funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

And I thought egg madness was that thing where people go through all the eggs at super markets trying to find the perfect dozen eggs

It's the thing where people switch a bunch of eggs from the most expensive egg carton with the one from the cheapest egg carton, while pretending to "check" the eggs, which I've definitely seen.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

In case anyone didn't get my reference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7BJF51RtUY

I got it, I was just telling people to steal

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Steve-o-reno is a hilarious episode but it's marred by the amount of cat killing.

Does anyone have the gif of him juggling the cat heads??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Thankya!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

No one's ever really gone.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Clancy Brown did some great voice acting in Gargoyles.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I loved all of Roger's Picasso outfits.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Or turned into a mini woolly mammoth.

Brownies!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

Dude loves smoking trees

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Reginald was the most annoying character American Dad has ever had, except for his first appearance. And I'm including Billy!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What is Roger's persona and story based on in "Killer Vacation"?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

So because they gave a specific episode of Friends that means Stan and Francine went back to February 8th, 2001.

That's some awesome attention to detail!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

It looks like God does love gays, but only if they're tops.

Ancient Roman spotted

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

If you get a Francine gang tag you have to abide by all the rules set forth in that card from Wild Women Do.

Someone has the screencap handy, yes?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

No soft cheeses

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Neeksy posted:

Has anyone else here watched MODOK?
For some reason, the comedic rhythms and even the word choices feel very Roger Smith, if not generally AD itself.
I wonder if there's a lot of writer overlap.

I actually really liked MODOK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Neeksy posted:

Same!
I just felt that something about its comedic voice felt like it had some Roger Smith DNA in it.
If there's an infinite number of alternate universes, there's definitely one where Patton Oswalt voiced Roger from season 1 episode 1 onward.

The good universe.