Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im watching the episode where Stan is addicted to crack and when he is talking during the intervention he mentions that "It's super fun to walk around high in a wig" and Roger's look of genuine pride made me laugh extremely outloud and was definitely the highest point of my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m gonna drink this bottle and think about how I almost killed a baby today

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Album of Steve Smith Originals when?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
more Klaus at all times, TIA

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I literally just skip Season 1 and then power through, even the weak episodes almost always have a good gag every couple minutes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can't believe people beefin' about the koala's Hayley plotline when Jeff getting LOST IN SPACE is the absolute nadir of the show to me. Jeff is a fine character when used sparingly and Roger is great when he's awful, but I never bought that hayley would co-habitate with someone who essentially murdered her husband

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I learned to play the song that plays when Steve is fantasizing about the cat he wants to befriend.

It’s by a woman who goes by Fascinoma and I bought it off band camp

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

XBenedict posted:

When I read this the first time, I became interested as well. I also read it as animated shows and not sit-coms. So here's the loving animated shows.

The Simpsons
The Smurfs
Scooby Doo
Family Guy
Southpark
Adventure Time
Peppa Pig
Regular Show
King of the Hill

Scooby-Doo seems like cheating because it has so many iterations.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, KotH, South Park are all good.

I can’t remember a single episode of The Smurfs.

How do Adventure Time and Regular Show count here, each episode is only 10-12 minutes long!

I have never heard of Peppa Pig, is it good?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jeff was a cool character but the Roger Exiles Jeff to space plot showed us that they really didn’t know what to do with him after they used up all their stoner jokes and I’ve never been able to rationalize Haley and Roger getting along after he basically murders her husband in cold blood for funsies.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Barry is the worst character because he is used exclusively to punch down. Every other character can occasionally bust someone else’s balls. Barry is exclusively used to be a fat moron that everyone teases, except the one episode where he goes crazy, and those jokes never land for me. Like, ha ha he got molested!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I for one am happy with fewer Scientologists in my favorite shows.

Also lol at That 70’s Show vaulting every single career into the stratosphere, what a great loving show.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I don't have cable so the newest episodes of AD ive seen in the last two years are whatever is on Hulu =(

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Brawnfire posted:

I gotta wonder if anyone on the AD staff has an encyclopedic knowledge of the show.

The dude who plays Steve, according to basically every panel he’s ever been on, might actually be the shows biggest fan.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mean I rewatch a lot AD reruns on Hulu and you never really get the impression that Klaus was a good person. The episode where he becomes a zombie highlights this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Seth Macfarlane’s lifelong quest to remake his childhood in his own image is equally mystifying and stupefying. I’m happy for his success but I honestly think he’s done as much harm to comedy as he has transformed it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hulu is still only packing S13 episodes, last one is Mean Francine. Gimme the new eps Hulu you scoundrel! These sound HILARIOUS!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo I’m watching Season 2 and good LORD this Log Cabins Republicans episode has aged terribly

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I was prepared for that. The Log Cabins Republicans episode is like straight up literal hate speech at times and I know it’s from like 15 years ago but it’s still really weird to think of that as being from a post-9/11 America.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Considering the social landscape at the time, I’m willing to bet the writers room was 9 straight white guys who had one or two closeted gay friends or relatives and a brown lady intern.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cheesers season when!?!??

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Isn’t Rogu specific to this current season? I’ve seen every episode on Hulu like 10 times and have no recollection of him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah you don’t get to be the straight man AND a street-wise koala assassin with a heart of gold.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh hey turns out this S2 episode where Roger tries out JDate is definitely at least as racist as the gay episode is homophobic. I’m definitely never rewatching this season ever again, season 3 is devoted better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

I feel like Principal Lewis should be there, he’s clearly bi.

I’d actually classify Lewis as Pan, like Roger, because it’s more of a set and setting anything goes vibe.

Like try to imagine Principal Lewis wouldn’t be into. I’m surprised he never showed up in Stan’s kinky sex episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

I haven't seen an episode of Family Guy for, probably, the better part of a decade. Are the main characters still so hateful towards one another?

IMHO this has been radically toned down over the last two seasons, and I suspect it has something to do with a batch of new writers.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You have literally no idea how corporate greed works if you think Disney would ever cancel Family Guy before they stopped selling t-shirts and lunchboxes and bullshit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Where are you guys getting this petty and vindictive corporate persona from? When has Disney ever tanked anything that could have made them a shitload of money besides the James Gunn thing?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

So? It doesn’t mean it’s good in any way?

The humor of American Dad is not so divorced from modern Family Guy that you would find one totally repulsive and not the other. Hell, American Dad is basically equal parts Seth just talking to himself as FG. The last season of FG has been much closer to the good ones like 3-4 than the spiteful garbage that was 8-12

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I still think Cleveland show was the funniest one with the most distinct voice but American Dad’s best episodes are the funniest thing Seth MacFarlane has ever touched.

I was a Bob’s Burgers devotee but between S4 and S5 I just couldn’t stand Louise’s voice anymore and just stopped watching. Kristen Schaal is just awful and I cannot stand her.

I don’t need Family Guy to bust my guts anymore, if I get a few good gags out of an episode it’s worth the watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

For some reason Hulu doesn't have the last five episodes of s14.

I feel like it took them like 2 years to get the first half.