Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Are we all so used to Roger that no one commented on how an alien from Area 51 is hosting a conspiracy convention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

This was a weird one

I have a theory that they came up with the life-flashes-before-Steve's-eyes moment, made it an Italian Mafia movie, and worked backwards from there.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

"Dr. Monte Cristo." A nice touch.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

"Well if it isn't my former conquest! Slipping me the meat for once!"

"That's actually the only way we ever did it."

Took me a minute to process that one.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah it bottles my mind why FOX ever shows sports instead of cartoons. why do people like things I don't like?

I think the better question is why do they consistently schedule episode premiers just after sports game slots they know drat well frequently run long? If I wanted a show to die I'd change its run date every other week since at the very least premiers get better ratings that repeats.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The rolling coach is a great brick joke.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

They call me Professor X! Because I'm always trying to sell them ecstasy!

Also loving JK Simmons as the random overbuilt dean.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 10, 2018

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

We really should have contests for this sort of thing

Some kind of betting pool, maybe. My guess is that Roger will be in charge of Stan's chastity group.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I can't believe people beefin' about the koala's Hayley plotline when Jeff getting LOST IN SPACE is the absolute nadir of the show to me. Jeff is a fine character when used sparingly and Roger is great when he's awful, but I never bought that hayley would co-habitate with someone who essentially murdered her husband

It's been a while, but didn't everyone end the episode forgetting that Jeff is now a shapeshifting alien except Roger?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Is it me or have the B plots for the latest episodes been entirely unhinged from reality? Not a criticism, I'm just surprised by how far out they're going.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I liked the quiet reference to A Clockwork Orange with the sex tape music.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I don't really mind Tuttle appearing since he usually doesn't really take away from the rest of the episode. Mostly he just takes up a space that would be filled by a random background character.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I thought I recognized Ed Asner as the narrator out of nowhere.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

God drat that escalator death.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The new episode really went on a journey.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I feel like there's a lot of people that haven't internalized that Disney is a very loving weird and dirty corporation.

Like, I wouldn't be surprised if the FG Disney jokes result in MacFarlane getting some kind of major blowback now, up to and including "all of his shows mysteriously get cancelled and 'Fox' suddenly doesn't want to work with him on anything."

I don't think people here are arguing whether Disney is dirty, they're arguing whether their greed or their pride will win out.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The funny thing for me is that my favorite dressing is Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

bull3964 posted:

Can't really give AD writers credit for that, it's an old timey cartoon thing. It's something that's popped up in old Loony Tunes, I just can't remember the exact context now.

A more contemporary reference would be Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Zero One posted:

Seth had to take a half day.

More like a quick minute in the booth before jetting. Guess he's busy with The Orville.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Every character on this show is ostensibly bisexual and it's great

I think the MST3k crew called it humorsexual or something to that effect; the characters have whichever orientation will get the biggest laugh at the moment. It's a tradition that goes back to Bugs Bunny and (most likely) the vaudeville shows that inspired him.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

I had a similar idea, except said clones are in fact clones of Roger* dressed as said people in a They Live/Truman Show mashup scenario(was kinda inspired by that one episode that revealed that everyone had a Roger disguise they couldn't see past)

with the twist reveal towards the end that the Smiths are Roger clones too

*well I was thinking Human/Roger hybrids to make it more disturbing

I wouldn't go that far. If everyone is Roger, then no one is Roger.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's not her name, why should she know how to spell it? :colbert:

I somehow get the feeling that she spelled Steve's last name wrong.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Having watched the last two episodes back-to-back, I can say with some confidence that the first of them was the worst episode of the season. It feels like the team got a network mandate to put an Overwatch tournament in the show without insulting it and so in protest the writers slapped an episode together using the first crazy and/or stupid ideas they came up with. I don't think I laughed at any point except the America Culture Pod reveal.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

bull3964 posted:

I like how there's no explanation as to why the monkey was on a bunch of balloons.

He took them at gunpoint, obviously.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Fair enough, I guess I didn't see it as that bad because the kneeling wasn't portrayed as negative.

The context wouldn't be the problem, it's the fact that a joke in a comedy show would be bringing up bad memories.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

The funny thing about that is that the slow motion isn't actually slow; the doctor hovers for a couple seconds because of the blower.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's Stan hammering out Hailey's eyeball. I literally can't watch that without feeling nauseous even with the real simple cartoon design of the show. Maybe I just have a thing about eyeballs.

A lot of people have a particular problem with eye gore.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

To be fair that isn't necessarily as permanent as you'd think, more than a few of the Episode 100 casualties have shown up since then(honestly I feel that whole thing was a very pointless stunt)

The point was to make a joke about ratings stunts.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I like how the principal hung up only after Stan explained what the Jack-Off was really about.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

This is almost certainly the point. YEC thought is that if other myths are similar to tye Bible then that's proof science is all wrong and God is real.

Though floods are a thing and it's not really surprising that many ancient civilizations have myths about floods. Do they also have them about fire?

Nor is it surprising that cultures in geographical proximity would end up sharing story elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

This one.