Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are any of the TBs episodes available for streaming anywhere? HULU and Netflix both stop at the end of the Fox run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Let me see if I can describe in a way you would understand. It's like getting double teamed in a port-a-John at a Rusted Root concert."

I think I'm less bothered at the whole drowning the Ortalan than I am of the idea that you eat them bones and all so that the bones splinter, shred your gums and cause your own blood to enhance the meal with the salty iron flavor.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

HorseRenoir posted:

It's really a shame that they decided to open the season with one of the worst episodes they've ever done because the last two weeks have been classic AD.

I know! Wilkes Barre got rid of our arena football team like 10 years ago.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

"Is...is he okay?"

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm would hazard a guess that one was pretty bad gay joke about Ian McKellan.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
This is the first one in a while right? I know they showed Krampus last season but that was a good over from a previous season because of Sandy Hook.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I love the added touch of all the little plastic babies from the king cakes dispensing his stomach.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

phourniner posted:

Jesus gently caress, he looks horrible. Too much Quagmire from Family Guy for my tastes. Very glad they changed that, and I couldn't imagine a better voice actor either. The way Steve screams (and sings, obviously because my God that voice) is my favorite thing ever.

PAPA! NO!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Was the townie bar and bartender an American Dad version of Moe's Bar and Moe?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's the show McFarlane still cares about.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Carlosologist posted:

oh, Marmalade

and seriously, I think American Dad has gotten funnier since the channel jump. the cold opens went from being eh to really good. favorite one remains the one where Roger accidentally picks up a new job after the one lady thinks his persona is a waitress

I think most of the cold opens being off was that the first crop of TBS episodes weren't written or animated with cold opens in mind. TBS just sliced the first five minutes and put them in front of the credits instead of after.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
As someone who watched Men at Work many times as a kid I appreciated Steve and Stan dressed like Emilio Estevez and Charlie Sheen.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know, especially when you think about like 85% of the 250+ episodes have the exact same A plot;

Stan Hates Thing
Stan is Forced to Try Thing
Stan Obsesses Over Thing
Stan Learns Lesson

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chris Knight posted:

I'm assuming Trejo played one of the banditos (not racist).

Yeah he played the head dude that Roger killed in the beginning.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And Dr. Douche on ER

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

FuriousxGeorge posted:

And then you have Camp Refoogee to open season 2 and the potential of Roger's personas is fully unleashed. The show does actually find it's stride a lot sooner than people usually seem to think.

Most of season 1 is not nearly as bad as people say either. A lot of things that make the show great are already there pretty soon after the pilot, it's just Roger who isn't yet.

Even then there are some classic Roger episodes: http://americandad.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek

^ episode 8.

I think a bit of that comes from how irregular the seasons aired, there were a couple of episodes produced for season 1 and 2 that ended up getting bumped to season 3 or even when the show was technically in repeats.

Like watching them in production order I was surprised by how few actually had the newspaper gag, I remembered it lasting a lot longer then it actually did.

Edit: just double checked and I was half right, all of Season 3 was actually episodes produced for Season 2.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 1, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Better than pimping them to death like he used to.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No they just added all the previous seasons up last week. They're next day for network, but aside from a few exceptions, cable tv shows get added after the season has run.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

drrockso20 posted:

I'd rather not, I've never been fond of Roger killing people

I don't know, Roger killing the baby he had with Francine was a high point for me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When did they stop having Forest Whitaker voice Turlington?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I normally skip the Stan Goes to Prison episode, it has its moments but it’s sandwiched with a bunch of other “Stan experiences a thing, becomes obsessed with it.” Episodes and its on the weaker side of the scale.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BattleTech posted:

Forget it! I wouldn't pay that much to see Barbra do Celine. Or would I? Maybe if I was in the room with them, peeking from behind the curtain, and they didn't know I was there. How would it appear on my credit card bill?

"How can I put this in a way you'd understand? Oh! It's like being tag teamed in a port-a-john at a Rusted Root concert."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Discovering Wax Fang Through American Dad is one of the reasons I can never hate My Morning Straight Jacket since it lead directly to Wax Fang being hired for the episode.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Brawnfire posted:

If they got trapped in a holodeck musical and were forced to sing everything, I'd be fine with it. It fits Star Trek Silly Episode rules.

Well also need an episode where the crew lose their identities in the holodeck and Malloy treats Mercer like his dad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Milo and POTUS posted:

well I was wondering what he was talking about with Cartoon Network

Probably the 10-12 episode seasons instead of the 22,at least production wise, American Dad usually does.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

New season!

Fantasy Baseball
Season 14/16, Episode 1
Steve tries to get into baseball to connect with Stan. Roger creates real life drama for Francine after her favorite soap opera is cancelled.

Well he got the fantasy part but not so much the basketball. He traded your forward for a griffon and two orcs.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, it was part of the big Family Guy/Cleveland Show/American Dad crossover event that got delayed a season since an actual hurricane killed a bunch of people in N Carolina the day before it aired.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Andy Richter?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I was gonna say it seemed like a decent way to write off the character if Forest Whitaker wasn’t going to play him anymore, but according to IMDB he hasn’t voiced him 10 years?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wish I could get murdered by Batman’s parents.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bull3964 posted:

Eh, the card has two sides, we only see one. And there are several rules that have clarifications later on.

I love the idea of the card being a living document.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I think he was just bored so he’s been doing a bunch of cameo characters all season long.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Loomer posted:

I'm concerned they're overusing Rogu, as much as I love him.

A side character getting mined to exhaustion seems to be the standard for every season going back to Reginald.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbioa6cSaM&t=11s

It's usually a safe bet to assume the Simpsons has done literally everything by this point.

Not to mention;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrbiIGXT5Hw

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JdhesY7yQ

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There were some good jokes, but it definitely feels like this was plotted out with a madlibs or something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Doctors say it’s all in head, didn’t even know brain diabetes was a thing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aaaaaand they’ve already filed for divorce.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Davros1 posted:

I'm sure Klaus feels the same way, which is why him being stuck as a fish is hilarious. Plus, I can't think of any other animal that could run an attic bodega.

A cat obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Speaking of suicidal animals.