Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What's being less censored now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

The most noticeable difference is that they can say "poo poo" without being bleeped. Other than that I'm not sure how much more leeway they could get with the plots seeing as when it was on Fox they did a ton of stuff.

That's hardly 50%. Unless there were literally only two things they couldn't do on Fox and profanity was one of them

Mike_V posted:

Tune in next week for an edgier episode of American Dad!

Yeah, I'll believe that when they do an episode that tops the Family Guy episode about Quagmire's sister getting domestic abused.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Another really perfunctory B-plot, just like last night's Family Guy

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is this show over, or what's the deal?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Cleveland Show was thirty minutes of animation. I watched at least two seasons of it, and I don't think I ever laughed once, or ever had the urge to turn it off partway through an episode, and I remember almost nothing about it now.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I remember there was a flashback where every line of dialogue referenced the time period the flashback was set in, and I enjoyed that.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

muscles like this? posted:

The problem was that Fox wanted a Family Guy spin off and Cleveland is the only character that even approached being able to carry a show.

Mayor Adam West would've worked a lot better.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I liked the "yeah, go check you mailbox and tell me it's dry" joke.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just realized, they missed an obvious joke. They shouldn't have had Haley in that episode at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nichael posted:

Kind of, but the uses of it were pretty entertaining. I enjoyed how it seemed like the show was actively falling apart at the seams. American Dad has always had a good handle on having completely unhinged ridiculousness, and this was just another example of that.

But that's another problem, it only started falling apart in the B plot. The anniversary/asylum plot was untouched. It could've been in any other American Dad episode, if it had more jokes.