Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Huh, I don't think there ever has been a vampire episode before. Now that you've pointed it out that does feel weird, American Dad does horror comedy really well and vampires are a rich source of humor.

I don't think they've even done any vampire related jokes, they've made references to other classic horror monsters like werewolves, Frankenstein, and even the Phantom of the Opera, but no vampires.

B11 & B12 were vampires in the Boys 12 music video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I think American Fung was just a bit too inside-baseball in its metaness and doesn't really land its jokes (but you see how it would have been funny to its creators)

My Morning Straightjacket has grown on me over time - the stuff with the band itself doesn't work at all for me and sort of grinds the momentum of the episode to a halt, and I think it's at least in part because the show is seemingly way too deferential to them as they play themselves (which usually corresponds with bad guest spots for AD, the good/memorable ones generally have people acting as deranged as the main cast - i.e. Robert Wuhl, CeeLo, Forrest Whitaker, etc.)

that said, a lot of the stuff around it does work and there are some reasonably good gags there (sequence where headphone stan keeps nearly killing the family, the flatulent bootlegger, the almost famous parody, Francine's rock sherpa, etc.)

not a top episode, but the basis for a reasonable one that just falls short in some areas and has a weird off vibe