Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
floppo
Aug 24, 2005
I have a two month window this January and February to live in Latin America. I will need a stable internet connection and will need to put in about thirty hours a week, but besides that I am unencumbered. I would like to rent a room or a flat in smaller city and take some language courses during my free time, just to give some structure to my week. Though I would probably travel a little, I would prefer to get to know a specific city and region well.

A friend recommended Mendoza in Argentina. As I like wine and hiking it seems like an ideal place, but I would like look at some other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Argentine Spanish has a very particular accent. I've been to Argentina, but not Mendoza. Hear it's a great place, especially for eating and drinking.

Merida, Mexico would be a good bet for January and February. It's a safe part of Mexico, a gorgeous city, and has modern internet infrastructure. It's also cheap for Mexico. You could easily find language courses there.

Spanish from Colombia's highlands (Bogota, Medellin, smaller cities like Armenia, Manizales) has crystal-clear Spanish, and Colombia is cheap. No issues with internet there. Spanish courses are popular there.

Latin America is a big place. What other interests would you be pursuing there?

• Locked thread