Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Captain Jesus posted:

I enjoyed the movie but what stuck with me the most was the footage from the Drop of Water segment from Black Sabbath when the mother was watching TV in one of the scenes. It's probably one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwPF-sfNvOo&t=99s

The Segundo de Chomon clip bugged me out more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDMWCdtiMUY

They had a great eye for creepy movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

K. Waste posted:

Yeah, the integration of Mister Babadook into those silent films is really impressive. According to IMDb, all the silent films used in that fever dream sequence are either de Chomon or Melies, which is appropriate given that Samuel wants to become a magician. de Chomon and Melies were both very similar in that their films use cinema to expand on the tradition of magic and theatrical performance. And what's interesting about a lot of these films is how explicitly they enticed the audience to laugh at and take pleasure in ghosts and diabolical characters taking advantage of foolish innocents. Before the ending twist, Kent is laying the seed of the idea that Mister Babadook is both a devilish and cathartic figure.

Spot on. That's the only Chomon I noticed, all the others like the head juggling and the floating star ladies were Melies.

• Locked thread