Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
As for an actual tip: when doing draws wait for the users to be ones that are good against black or aliens. Everything else you can pretty much take care of with the lower level draws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey do the servers for cat food have problems at times? When I'm watching stuff on TV or computer I just mute my phone and play commercials over and over to accumulate cat food. Now when I try to go to the Add Cat Food menu it's just white. I hope I'm not banned or nothing having the servers think I'm a bot. :ohdear:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nah. It's just not a very good server, period. Outsourced to TapJoy, which is a different company I think. They've been cracking down on hacking a lot harder recently but I don't think there's any way to trigger it just through regular use.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Flower cat requirement is to open the door a billion times in a minute.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Largepotato posted:

Flower cat requirement is to open the door a billion times in a minute.

I just unlocked it! Is it any good?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Waffleopolis posted:

It can stop black enemies, but its not even all that good at doing that.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

So there are now Hard+ versions of the daily item stages, at 200 stamina a run, but with a guaranteed(?) drop. Monday's features owls and Bun-Bun but isn't too terribly difficult if you're used to dealing with them.

Waffleopolis posted:

It's the only anti-black cat the game gives you for free but you're a long ways off from encountering them. Incidentally, don't use any of the battle items you get for logging in during chapters 1-3. There are far better uses for them later.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Beat chapter 2 and unlocked Valkyrie Cat. Should I make sure I get all the treasures? I have all the treasures in Chapter 1 active but not at 100% and practically none in Chapter 2.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That stuff is all free buffs so it really can't hurt.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You can put it off for a while if you get bored with it, but by the end of chapter 3 (the game's first major roadblock) you'll want all gold treasures. Keep an eye on the announcements--they have double drop rates every so often.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rangpur posted:

So there are now Hard+ versions of the daily item stages, at 200 stamina a run, but with a guaranteed(?) drop. Monday's features owls and Bun-Bun but isn't too terribly difficult if you're used to dealing with them.

Thursdays seems kinda crazy compared to the rest of the ones I've seen so far. Just throws a crap ton of aliens at you. They totally steam-rolled me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

1sr world problem here: I'm burnt out of this game because I have too many Uber super rares to level up. I still login whenever there's a treasure bonus to finish those up whenever I can.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Thursdays seems kinda crazy compared to the rest of the ones I've seen so far. Just throws a crap ton of aliens at you. They totally steam-rolled me.
Goddamn, you're not half-kidding. 3 alien Faces, plus a Nimoy Bore, supported by uncountable lemurs. That's a hell of a lot of work for just a Sniper Cat powerup. Probably means the Friday stage is all Angel or all Metal enemies.

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
My phone forced me to upgrade to Marshmallow today, and now for some reason it just redirects me to a page telling me that there's unauthorized activity detected. From what I've read, that comes up with rooted phones or cheating used, both I've never done. Any way to fix this?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Reddit says if you have USB debugging enabled, it can trigger a false positive whether you used it to cheat or not. (Reddit is also very annoyed they can no longer cheat via SaveScumming, apparently.)

MECHARL WINSLOW
Mar 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I tried changing that, but unfortunately that didn't work either. I emailed them, and they said to get that inquiry code number, but since I can't get into the app, I can't access it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh, no enemy unit in the new event stage?

I wonder what it d

:stare:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Still less bullshit than those stupid owls though.

To the goon looking for their inquiry code, if still searching for a solution, unfortunately the news from Reddit is not good. Apparently hacking was prevalent enough that PONOS' countermeasures border on paranoia. Without an inquiry code, your account may be a lost cause.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

I....I rolled a Gold Cat. Not knowing what it was, I placed it in with the rest of the cats.....I feel so sad now.... :negative:

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
It's better to keep it, it's so easy to get exp in the game that the user rank potential is more useful and it can be used in combos. Never exchange for xp.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Got my first Uber cat: Maurader Cat! Dunno how good it is, but I'm happy I have one. :)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Only unit in the game with both an area attack and a chance to crit. Also has the highest crit rate, by far. It trivializes certain stages and metal enemies, but to compensate it's base stats are on the low end (compared to other ubers). It's a very nice pull, but you won't be able to use it to the fullest until the Future or Stories of Legend stages.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Original_Z posted:

It's better to keep it, it's so easy to get exp in the game that the user rank potential is more useful and it can be used in combos. Never exchange for xp.

Speaking of user rank, there's an event going on right now where you get event tickets any time you get other tickets (I think - I'm getting one alongside the daily free ticket, and got one when I got a gold ticket from exchanging unneeded upgrades) Those event tickets can get you items or special cats, which seem to just be small versions of the basic cats that cost very little to level up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

gently caress me I got another uber super rare

I pretty much only login like every other day now. The XP grind got to me pretty bad. Another fucker like this doesn't help. He's my 9th. I've been playing this poo poo for so long.

The lil cat from the event are nice. Costs about 100k per 10 levels to rank them up. I rolled two out of 4-5 event tickets so that's 60 ranks for 600k. Not bad at all.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 6, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
HNB you can give me some of your ubers if you want. I've only got Thundia, Asilan Pasalan, and Balalan Pasalan.

BTW, I don't seem to be getting user rank rewards any more. Anyone know what might be going on with that? I'm at 2609, and haven't gotten any sort of reward notification in the past 2-300 ranks. I should've been getting something according to this table:

http://battle-cats.wikia.com/wiki/User_Rank

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Got Crazed Cat! I spent a dollar on a continue because its health was extremely low. Can I replace it with my normal cat immediately or wait til I grind exp to get it to 20?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can use in addition. Replace if you haven't awaken your regular cat yet. Good job! The rest of the crazed cat kinda roll off each other so getting one helps get the rest.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you can mostly keep the same order of regular cat acquisitions for the crazed cats, with a few exceptions:
-crazed whale was my first victory, and it's generally less difficult than the rest
-crazed axe and crazed bird are exceedingly ridiculous and should probably be saved for last
-crazed titan is entirely a matter of luck and you might as well give it a shot every time it rolls around

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

To emphasize: crazed Titan is 100% bullshit luck. There's no way around it. You basically crash against it until the RNG throws you a bone.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'd argue Crazed Wall is the hardest. You don't get screwed by the RNG so much as ground into a fine powder. A stage where 30 minutes is considered a fast clear time is AWFUL design for this kind of game. Especially when you spend ninety percent of the playtime constantly mashing the same 4 spots on your screen to keep the meat shields coming. PS, if you mistime anything ever there's almost no way to recover.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Rangpur posted:

I'd argue Crazed Wall is the hardest. You don't get screwed by the RNG so much as ground into a fine powder. A stage where 30 minutes is considered a fast clear time is AWFUL design for this kind of game. Especially when you spend ninety percent of the playtime constantly mashing the same 4 spots on your screen to keep the meat shields coming. PS, if you mistime anything ever there's almost no way to recover.

Speaking of it, Crazed Tank is today and I was wondering if I can pull it off. Here's That I have: Mach Cat (20+2), Tank Cat (20+1), Brave Cat (20+4), Sexy Legs Cat (20+1), Dragon Cat (20+5) Mythical Titam Cat (20+2), True Valk Cat (20), Crazed Bahamut (20), Paris Cat (25+3), Hacker Cat (12)Castaway Cat (23+2), Crazed Cat (16), and others that I don't think would suit the fight so not listed.

SHould I try it? I'd probably get Sniper Cat in the mix and maybe max worker cat levels. What do you think?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, after never being able to do any of these crazed stages in my entire time playing this I somehow managed to get crazed cow which is the only one I really wanted anyways :)

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Speaking of it, Crazed Tank is today and I was wondering if I can pull it off. Here's That I have: Mach Cat (20+2), Tank Cat (20+1), Brave Cat (20+4), Sexy Legs Cat (20+1), Dragon Cat (20+5) Mythical Titam Cat (20+2), True Valk Cat (20), Crazed Bahamut (20), Paris Cat (25+3), Hacker Cat (12)Castaway Cat (23+2), Crazed Cat (16), and others that I don't think would suit the fight so not listed.

SHould I try it? I'd probably get Sniper Cat in the mix and maybe max worker cat levels. What do you think?
You ever do the 'dodge 200 lightning bolts' thing in FFX? The crazed tank stage is like that. By way of demonstration here's a video of NurseWuffa's no-uber run.

You have most of the stuff he uses, minus Jamiera Cat (Titan, once it reaches +10). 4 meatshields is a requirement, so Boogie Cat can be worth picking up if you don't have it. A mini-cat or mini-tank cat from the lucky capsule event running a while back, could work as well. Or the basic form of burger cat. I'd recommend rich/sniper powerups too, but try it once without them first just so you have some idea what you're getting into.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well dammit I thought that the "open 11 rare capsules = guaranteed uber" thing was always true, not just an occasional promo. Dropped 750 cat food yesterday and got nothing that I didn't already own. :smith:

Ah well, got my Paris up to +9, which is helpful; she's pretty much the only cat that's in every single lineup I use.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Rangpur posted:

You ever do the 'dodge 200 lightning bolts' thing in FFX? The crazed tank stage is like that. By way of demonstration here's a video of NurseWuffa's no-uber run.

You have most of the stuff he uses, minus Jamiera Cat (Titan, once it reaches +10). 4 meatshields is a requirement, so Boogie Cat can be worth picking up if you don't have it. A mini-cat or mini-tank cat from the lucky capsule event running a while back, could work as well. Or the basic form of burger cat. I'd recommend rich/sniper powerups too, but try it once without them first just so you have some idea what you're getting into.

oh yeah I got level 20 mamba cat. I'll try that. I also have some of the tiny cats too including lil tank. I also have Sniper the Recruit at level 1. Would that AND activating Sniper Cat be a good idea?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I honestly couldn't say--I don't have any sniper cats other than the usual power-up. But if it's only level 1, then probably not.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

God is the Chapter 1 Moon level in Into The Future supposed to be THIS hard? I got some good cats leveled up and atm I have all gold treasures in the levels. It's just when the alien bear comes is then I start to lose any momentum. Maybe I should level my new Crazed Tank Cat to 20 before attempting it again.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Serious update today! New future levels, new combos, and a new screen that lets you filter your cats by their effects.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still haven't finished Into The Future chapter 2 :negative: 27/48 on the chapter's gold treasure and stuck on Floating Continent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

Serious update today! New future levels, new combos, and a new screen that lets you filter your cats by their effects.
Oh good, a reason to go back to actively playing the game! I stalled out on in the latter half of SoL, when I got tired of beating my head against a brick wall.

• Locked thread