Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I only have Peach Angels to evolve. There's also some Super Rare and Rare cats for evo'ing too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
I haven't updated yet.

No more infinite energy :negative:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Evolving the cats through catfruit is going to be a huge rear end slog, especially without infinite energy.

1million exp, 30 catfruit (stages give seeds which you need 10x to get a fruit) to evolve an uber. I did get some jubilee stage which gave me a fruit which was nice.

I have a couple of ubers that have true forms but I don't know if I have the patience to grind all of that out over the next year.
Rares and super rares are a bit more reasonable, but drat.

e: just got some catfruit from the stage itself so that's nice at least. Was scared it was going to be a seed conversion stuff the whole way up.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 25, 2016

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Mr Newsman posted:

Evolving the cats through catfruit is going to be a huge rear end slog, especially without infinite energy.

1million exp, 30 catfruit (stages give seeds which you need 10x to get a fruit) to evolve an uber. I did get some jubilee stage which gave me a fruit which was nice.

I have a couple of ubers that have true forms but I don't know if I have the patience to grind all of that out over the next year.
Rares and super rares are a bit more reasonable, but drat.

e: just got some catfruit from the stage itself so that's nice at least. Was scared it was going to be a seed conversion stuff the whole way up.

Looking up some info, the harder the stages, the higher then chance for a drop with increased chances for catfruits and epic catfruits. I might just stick to the middle stages because so far the insane stages are beastly. :(

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
So if you've already beaten one of those stages, can you play it again and maybe get a drop from it? Does it matter if you have/haven't already gotten one from that stage?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Trig Discipline posted:

So if you've already beaten one of those stages, can you play it again and maybe get a drop from it? Does it matter if you have/haven't already gotten one from that stage?

Yeah you can just keep doing them and keep getting drops.

I got more fruits throughout the day of doing the green stage.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cool, thanks!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you can hit the ellipses chat bubble next to the stage bar in the stage select menu to see what the drop rates are for each difficulty. by the last difficulty tier it's at least even between fruits and seeds, possibly weighted more toward catfruit drops

i'm trying to deal with the last stories of legend level set to get the new special unlock, and it's not exactly going swimmingly. the very first level in the set is four metal one horns interspersed with waves of normal, black, angel, and alien enemies :suicide:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
After a few days, doesn't seem too bad to get seeds and fruits.

The epic catfruits are 500k exp if you exchange them. Which is pretty nice since I've found three or so since the patch. Haven't been running any other levels though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uberfest going on with a new uberfest exclusive uber that does extra damage to all types.

I'm 250 CF away from the 11-draw :negative:

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

What's the best way to take my save from my old phone and bring it to my new phone? Can I do that with an itunes backup setting I've missed or is it a more involved process?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

crazypeltast52 posted:

What's the best way to take my save from my old phone and bring it to my new phone? Can I do that with an itunes backup setting I've missed or is it a more involved process?

At the launch screen if you go in to settings there should be a save data transfer button. On your current phone you'd hit begin data transfer and on your new phone you'd hit resume data transfer.

I can't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure that you record a number on your current device and when you resume the data transfer on your new device you put in that number and you're good to go.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's how it worked. I moved my game to my iPad a few weeks ago and it went by pretty effortlessly.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Sweet, thanks!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know wtf happened, but it seems like just before my battle cats install upgraded to the newest version, I was somehow able to upgrade my crazed cats past level 20. I only had enough cash to upgrade one, once, and then the update applied and they were back to being non-upgradeable. I now have a level 21 crazed UFO cat.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

I don't know wtf happened, but it seems like just before my battle cats install upgraded to the newest version, I was somehow able to upgrade my crazed cats past level 20. I only had enough cash to upgrade one, once, and then the update applied and they were back to being non-upgradeable. I now have a level 21 crazed UFO cat.

probably a bug related to the crazed true form cats they're rolling out soon-ish. the japanese version already has all of them

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Do I REALLY need Jamiera Cat to beat some of these crazed stages? So far I beat crazed normal, tank, lizard, and whale. I tried Crazed Gross today and I get my rear end kicked (can't make the push). Every strategy suggests using Jamiera Cat as defense but I need two more titan cat capsules to get it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jameira's knock back / shockwave is pretty good but I wouldn't call it absolutely necessary. Some of them come down to luck, using every single item, or just overpowering with ubers.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Gamatoto is really raking in the ol' brown eye lately. Got my Paris cat up to 40+13.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Apparently 3DS had a non F2P version of this and it's probably like a bunch of those in that it's probably horribly balanced for not paying money but I bought it anyways because I'm dumb and will report back if it's good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so if anyone's wondering here's the deal with the 3DS version

Basically it's the same game but it has some 3D and it is WAY kinder about cat food with no option to pay real money for it. The game gives you tons of catfood. It gives you ten as a daily bonus, it gives you one as a first time clear bonus, it gives you different amounts if you get a treasure you already have and sometimes it just gives you five for the hell of it. Sometimes it also just randomly gives you golden tickets. Things are also cheaper. A rare capsule pull costs 3 cat food and getting enough for a ten pull is really easy. The worst thing about the game is it still has the energy meter but even then you can refill your energy for 3 catfood which you'll almost certainly get back and then some if you plan to use all of that energy. There are other minor differences inherent in it being a 3DS game. For instance you can use the dpad if you want and all ten of your units fit in the selection grid.

There's a bunch of stuff I still don't know though. I don't know how the post game stuff is going to work, I don't know how the rare events will work (right now it's on the Dynamites) and I don't know how I'm gonna get the basic units above level 10 because the normal capsule machine is gone. in general anything that takes more time or progress than I've made, I just don't know. It also has a VS mode but I haven't touched that all yet.

In the end, if you like the game and wonder what it would be like to play it where you can easily earn 2-3 10 capsules pulls a day, there are worse ways to spend $10

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 25, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
FYI a level 40 Divine Thundia can gently caress some poo poo up. The only other uber I have that's evolvable is Ice Queen and frankly she hardly seems worth the effort based on her stats. Which non-ubers are worth evolving?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

FYI a level 40 Divine Thundia can gently caress some poo poo up. The only other uber I have that's evolvable is Ice Queen and frankly she hardly seems worth the effort based on her stats. Which non-ubers are worth evolving?

the only must-evolve rare cat is the prehistoric cat, since extra toughness/range/attack goes a long way toward making metal seals and other metal units less of a pain in the rear end. if you don't have good anti-red ubers, cat pirate, cat swordsman, and bath cat are also good candidates for evolution. bath cat in particular is nice since it's super cheap for its range and power, and the true form adds to both.

i've been trying to break through at least one of the true form crazed cat stages for a while now, but they are seriously insane. most of the bosses in those levels have no weaknesses, so gacha cats are useless, and the attack power on all of them is so high that you need either perfect stall timing or level 50+ eraser cat to have any chance at all

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Coolio. I actually did evolve ice queen and she's better than I expected. Relatively cheap and quick cool down for an uber. Also go jiangshi cat and he's a great stalling unit.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think I may be the only person still reading this thread, but ima just say I got Catman, Kai, and Megidora off of the staged rare ticket thingy. Which means I'm going to spend the next month leveling and evolving Megidora, but it's important to have goals in life I guess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I still log in every now and then but the XP grind burnt me pretty good.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mainly do the XP/weekend stages and then farm catfruit. If you don't have any upgradeable ubers and just convert all of your epic catfruit to XP, you can do all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also just got Manic Jamiera :hellyeah:

• Locked thread