Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

DolphinCop posted:

It just keeps going!

You're not kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Why is this game so addictive? :psyboom: I've been playing for like 3 days and have a bunch of cats at level 10. Brave Cat is my favorite, though the Frog Ninja is pretty great.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Highly Unnecessary posted:

You're not kidding

Haha, holy moley. I couldn't even get that far, because, well,

Because.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is apple cat any good?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Alright, so now that I've beaten chapter two, I guess I'm staying with this game for a while, so here's my referral code: 6I0q0 as in "six eye zero queue zero"

e: meowlnir

Chakan fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 9, 2014

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Chakan posted:

Alright, so now that I've beaten chapter two, I guess I'm staying with this game for a while, so here's my reference code: 6I0q0 as in "six eye zero queue zero"

e: meowlnir

meowdin promised to rid the world of mice giants

edit for content: chapter three is killig me but i'm slowly leveling keiji-cat to 20 and he is just facetanking everything for me, with pirate catand fortune teller catblwoing the enemies back.

also anyone who loves my puns would be doing a good thing by skipping a few posts up and using my referral.

Office Commando fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 10, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat the final stage in Loving Labor is pissing me off because I'm just almost there strength wise to beating it. I can get past the first part AND past the "hit enemy base, unleash hell" part but then the boss shows up and my production isn't fast enough to deal with him. If I can bring out a third Yukimura for it or even stall the cat cannon for a bit longer I think I can punch enough damage to get through.

I've been farming the XP trophy medals but looks like I need to start working on unit production speed next. Or maybe I can get off my lazy rear end and do 3-48 and get Bahamut and the third energy trophy.

Also, has anyone gotten an ascended/+10 cat yet using the cat capsules? Closest one I have is axe/brave cat at +4.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm about halfway through Chapter 2 (Norway) - not stuck yet, but where should I be spending XP? I have all the basic cats unlocked and most of the base stuff at 10 excluding Cannon Power (at 1) wallet and research. I'm also sitting on 270 cat food, is there any must-have special cats?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Oxyclean posted:

I'm about halfway through Chapter 2 (Norway) - not stuck yet, but where should I be spending XP? I have all the basic cats unlocked and most of the base stuff at 10 excluding Cannon Power (at 1) wallet and research. I'm also sitting on 270 cat food, is there any must-have special cats?

Ninja and Kung Fu are pretty fantastic, I like Box of Cats as well.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Agreed. Ninja is a great cheap fast unit that can dish out some solid damage, it's a good one to spam. Box of cats is super fast and does a lot of damage, I love its evolved form. Haven't had a chance to afford kung-fu cat yet, but I've heard good things. Actress cat works well with gross/sexy legs cat, and is pretty affordable both in cat food and in cash.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Oxyclean posted:

Max wallet and research asap.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Got a lame-rear end Pogo Cat through the 30 Cat Food promo draw. I've already got Swordsman Cat, Witch Cat, Jurassic Cat, and Swimmer Cat. While I'm sure that Masai Cat would be silly as hell, should I turn this sucker into ~110000 xp?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Got a lame-rear end Pogo Cat through the 30 Cat Food promo draw. I've already got Swordsman Cat, Witch Cat, Jurassic Cat, and Swimmer Cat. While I'm sure that Masai Cat would be silly as hell, should I turn this sucker into ~110000 xp?

I got bishop cat for my rare pull :(

110,000 exp is nothing. I'd keep that cat.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Pogo cat is good for spamming. To clear the hardest special campaign missions, you need quantity, not quality, and that's what the pogo cat provides. It's probably the best rare tier cat.

e: bishop cat isn't that great apart from having good attack speed but I enjoy having them around anyway because they look cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got a pirate cat. Whoo?

So what's the latest 3-48 strat?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DolphinCop posted:

Pogo cat is good for spamming. To clear the hardest special campaign missions, you need quantity, not quality, and that's what the pogo cat provides. It's probably the best rare tier cat.

e: bishop cat isn't that great apart from having good attack speed but I enjoy having them around anyway because they look cool

Oh pogo was my first rare cat :toot:. I was never sure if he was any good but that's encouraging.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I got witch cat, is it any good?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Every rare capsule cat has at least one special property. This is stuff like "might stop red enemies" or "increased power against floating enemies", or "can deal critical hits". They are all good in the sense that you will definitely get more bang for your buck than you get from your base cats. However, whether a pull is super valuable or not tends to depend more on low deployment cooldown, high range, or an area of effect attack. If your cat has one of those three attributes, you're in a good spot. Increased power against specific enemy types can be situationally quite nice too, and the unique effects like thief cat's bonus gold gain on kill are very good.

If I recall correctly, the witch cat's property is a CC effect against red enemies, which will be nice against rhinos, but her range is too low to be good for the particularly nasty endgame stuff except as fodder.

I restarted recently, partly because my progress in the special campaign had stagnated and partly because my pulls weren't that great. Turns out that when new profiles beat japan, they get the 30 cat food for a pull offer, as well as the free rare pulls from the recent facebook and twitter campaigns. That's three free pulls for a fairly minor time investment. I spent a few hours yesterday rerolling until i got nekoluga and some good rare tier cats. This'll probably be really useful for the next cat capsule event, provided the free ticket bonuses persist.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 13, 2014

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DolphinCop posted:

I restarted recently, partly because my progress in the special campaign had stagnated and partly because my pulls weren't that great. Turns out that when new profiles beat japan, they get the 30 cat food for a pull offer, as well as the free rare pulls from the recent facebook and twitter campaigns. That's three free pulls for a fairly minor time investment. I spent a few hours yesterday rerolling until i got nekoluga and some good rare tier cats.

Explain how you did this please? To me it sounds like you uninstalled and reinstalled the game, playing through the campaign up to a necessary point and tried to roll rare cats and that can't be right.

Joe Son
Jul 23, 2009
I would rather just spend like 5 bucks for rare cats if I could not progress and was still enjoying the game.

Is there anything to Treasure Radar in the legends chapter?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Explain how you did this please? To me it sounds like you uninstalled and reinstalled the game, playing through the campaign up to a necessary point and tried to roll rare cats and that can't be right.

Japan is the 5 or 6 levels I believe. You can beat it in about 5-10 minutes if you just focus on leveling basic cat. Some really terrible goons restarted the game a bunch to get the neko cat on their main account. I did this on the old battle cats game, it is not worth it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Shwqa posted:

Japan is the 5 or 6 levels I believe. You can beat it in about 5-10 minutes if you just focus on leveling basic cat. Some really terrible goons restarted the game a bunch to get the neko cat on their main account. I did this on the old battle cats game, it is not worth it.

That's what it sounded like to me, but that can't be what that poster did given that he mentions getting Nekoluga and several ultra-rare cats with his trick, presumably under the same account.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
The trick is that the facebook and twitter like campaign rewards are still being given out, even to new accounts, so whenever I beat Japan I get one free rare ticket and 150 cat food to go with the first daily 30 cat food reward. I can do three rare pulls with that, so I check what I got and then either restart again or keep going.

As for why I restarted, this is just how I play games like this. I enjoy the feeling of progression more than anything else, so when I hit the endgame and every new stage requires a ton of grinding or strategizing I usually just start over and see what I can do with new premium pulls. I've played through Puzzle and Dragons several times in the same way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not sure if this is randomized per account or by groups of its the same for everyone but right now I have a treasure bonus for ALL stages for the next 40 minutes. So if you have some energy to burn wouldn't hurt to check out if the bonus is active for you too.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I wondered about that, and it is for me too. Happens regardless of chapter too, it seems.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Managed to get some trasures in A1 so now I have all medals on A1 (30/48 gold). Really loving tempted to burn some cat food for a few more gold runs. I almost always miss these bonuses and a blanket double bonus on all stages is too good to ignore. Up to 30,24,18 on gold medals and still missing a few treasures on A2-3.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I've got gold treasures 48/48, 48/48, and 17/48 with all of stage 3 except Moon having some lvl of treasure. Still haven't beaten Moon, just haven't found the right strategy yet.

Has anyone finished Loving Labour? Is Value of Last Minute the last stage? I've been doing the Legend Begins too and no cat tickets yet.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

harmless_fun posted:

I've been doing the Legend Begins too and no cat tickets yet.

Are you actually able to farm Cat Tickets somewhere? I can't believe there isn't an IAP option for these things.

On another note, if anyone else is doing one of those "constantly creating new accounts to roll for rare cats" thing, I'd greatly appreciate if you use my invite code: bpuvz. I'm only one invite away from the free cat, and even though I know she isn't that great, I'd like to have her.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

harmless_fun posted:

Has anyone finished Loving Labour? Is Value of Last Minute the last stage? I've been doing the Legend Begins too and no cat tickets yet.

I think it is. That loving mole boss is ridiculous. He one-shots EVERYTHING I have and even if I get lucky and land a good hits with a pair of uber super rare cats, the most I've dropped him down to is 59%,

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I think it is. That loving mole boss is ridiculous. He one-shots EVERYTHING I have and even if I get lucky and land a good hits with a pair of uber super rare cats, the most I've dropped him down to is 59%,

By mole boss, do you mean Anteater? I think the name in the encyclopedia is "Master A"? They have super long range and attack quickly, so low level stuff gets wiped out quickly. Drop a stream of cats and wall cats to slow down the anteater's progress and then time Valkyrie and Bahamut summons with cannon charges to wipe out all the smaller enemies and clear the way. Dragon cats are pretty much the only other unit that can hit them.

I believe there's another level after Value of Last Minute, too. It has the shadow kangaroo variant, and those guys do not gently caress around.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Nah Value of Last Minute is the last level. It took me 2 tries to beat it, first try I got the boss down to 11%. I used continuous Wall cats backed by Bathtub cat, Delinquent cat, Dragon cat, and Valkyrie cat. No Bahamut cat since I didn't have it leveled much yet. I was also using regular cats, Gross cat, Titan cat, Moneko, and Thief cat when I could. I have at least a bronze of every treasure now and 44/48, 39/48, and 37/48 of the golds though I had less then that when I beat it a few days ago.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I finished the Legend Begins (Sleeping Lion is the last stage) and got 30 cat food. Had a new enemy show up, Doge Dark. There were at least 3, but I had plenty of Whale and Dragon cats by then and they went down quick.

A new set of stages called Passion Land have now appeared.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
Haha! I just beat Moon Chapter 3! Did you know that there is a limit to how many cats can be on screen? I got the "can't deploy more cats" warning like 20 times. Didn't get a medal, so I'll have to try again.

Thanks for the tip on Wall cat spamage, Meep. I used him (at +1) with Brave+1, Sexy Legs+4, Giraffe, Whale, Dragon, Titan for regular cats and Valkyrie, Fortune Teller+1, and Sadako for rare cats.

Gonna go try that strategy on Loving Labour now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

harmless_fun posted:

I finished the Legend Begins (Sleeping Lion is the last stage) and got 30 cat food. Had a new enemy show up, Doge Dark. There were at least 3, but I had plenty of Whale and Dragon cats by then and they went down quick.

A new set of stages called Passion Land have now appeared.

The special campaign goes on for 18 stages at the moment, each with eight levels. It's pretty easy going apart from the huge energy costs up until stage six or seven; by stage 10 it's hellish. I made it to stage 12 before deciding to reset. Figuring out to beat new levels and seeing the ridiculous new enemy types was a lot of fun, though. It's worth trying out the first few special campaign stages before even clearing 3-48, if not for entertainment value, than because each stage you finish nets you 30 cat food.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Meep posted:

I got the boss down to 11%.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the most I've dropped him down to is 59%,

Where are you getting these percentages? I never see any health indicators.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
At the end of a lost battle, when the game offers you to purchase a continue with cat food, it will tell you what percentage of the boss' health remains.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got lucky and checked the game during another double treasure bonus. Got act 1 from 32 to 39 with everything at least silver now. Once I work on the HP and Attack treasure of A3 I'll give 3-48 another shot.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wow, the wheel cat I got from my rare pull is pretty sweet. A steady stream of wallcats followed by dragon and wheels seems to be able to handle most stuff nicely.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I'm nearing 1M XP and have fully upgraded basically everything except for any of my Rare Cat pulls and some other Special cats. Are any of these worth the effort of leveling, or should I just save everything for Bahamut Cat? I've got treasures on every level, I'm currently in the phase of the game of upgrading all my Inferiors to at least Normal level.

Unleveled Super Rare Cats
Bodhisattva Cat (Might slow Floating)

Unleveled Rare Cats
Bishop Cat (Might slow Floating)
Salaryman Cat
Evil Cat (Might stop Red)

Unleveled Special Cats
Moneko
Bike Cat (in a day or two)
Bahamut Cat (once I beat 3-48)

Leveled Special Cats
Ninja Frog Cat
Cat Gang
Drunken Master Cat
True Valkyrie Cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I beat Moon for the second time and I got the gold treasure. Was still having problems with Loving Labour, but this video helped me. My timing was off and now it's a piece of cake.

For those that are farther along, isn't max energy supposed to be 500? I've got all the gold treasures for energy, but I'm only up to 480. I'm guessing it's because my cat energy skill is only +1.

• Locked thread