Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jurassic Cat :(

That said,

Got them all!

Was close enough to another roll so I did a few free offers.

Another Kotatsu cat. Fuuuuuck

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Nov 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I got a cat I didn't have yet but still no anime waifu :negative:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Also looks like there is an all day x2 Treasure event, so go for the gold! Two more to go for me...

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Do treasure bonuses in each mode carry over to other modes? Like if I'm going through the second run through should I bother with going back to fetch missing treasures from the first?

I got Windy from the golden ticket. Finally I have an anime waifu cat :catstare:

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 27, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yes treasures apply to all chapters. And gently caress you Windy is the best waifu.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Got a duplicate archer cat :( and I've only done like 4 rolls.

This treasure bonus rocks though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm now 48/48 x3, so I'm starting to look at the special stages. Anything in particular to look for? Did a "Sweet XP" stage for 90 energy that only returned ~18k... Didn't quite live up to its name.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Most of the special stages give 30 cat food for completion. Sweet EXP in particular is a bitch though. I usually do the other stages. They'll have special events with special cats for completion too. EXP is always poor in my experience.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
The Sweet XP stages get better as you get further in, Hard+ gives something around 115k if I remember right, and there's more stages past that. Combining that with a Cat Jobs (which you can grind on one of the other days) makes for some fairly sweet XP. To start with though just redoing the normal stages does get you more XP for your energy, it's just that as you get more clears on them the XP keeps dropping so eventually they become crappy.

You can also grind some Rich Cat and Sniper Cat items to help give you an edge on hard levels. I haven't actually used a Sniper Cat yet so I'm not sure how effective it is, but I could see Rich Cat being handy on levels where you get tough enemies thrown at you right away.

Otherwise every chapter you clear in there gives you 30 cat food which is nice, and there's plenty of chapters.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I got Kai with my rare ticket, hooray animu waifu I guess? :confuoot:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I dropped my iPhone in the toilet at Thanksgiving. It is dead. All of my cat works. They are also dead.

The Nekoluga at level 9 that I never got to see evolve. Dead.

My glorious push to get Bahamut. Dead.

The spoils of so many poops gone by. Dead.

I'm getting a new phone but I don't think I can handle starting this game over again.

It's been real guys.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I dropped my iPhone in the toilet at Thanksgiving. It is dead. All of my cat works. They are also dead.

I'm getting a new phone but I don't think I can handle starting this game over again.

It's been real guys.

haha owned

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think I found my wall :stonk:

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Sup cave fillet buddy.

Yeah I'm stuck there too, I'm just trying to level my anti flier rares now hoping that they'll help me deal with Bun Bun. Once he goes down I figure the red devil dude shouldn't be toooo bad. I could really use another big heavy hitter like bahamut but in the like ~25 capsule pulls I've done I still haven't seen an uber rare.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

It's been real guys.

WELP, TURNS OUT I WAS WRONG AND MY OLD PHONE'S BACKUP HAD ALL OF MY CAT BATTLING PROGRESS SAVED UP UNTIL MY LAST SESSION.

Now I shall battle from the bigger display of an iPhone 6.

DolphinCop posted:

haha owned

:smugdog:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I cleared the 420 stamina weekend stage and now I need another energy capsule to hit 500 stamina snd try what I imagine is the last stage.

420 has a crazy start but the boss itself is pretty easy.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Any tips on hard+? I'm stuck :(

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any tips on hard+? I'm stuck :(
As far as I can tell the key is making sure bahamut can get a shot off on the 3 black kangaroos. If he hits them you win, if he doesn't you lose. So make sure when you start hitting the enemy castle you have a bunch of fodder backed by him, and don't do anything silly like knock them out of his range with the cannon as he's winding up which I totally have never done myself.

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I just got up to Cave Fillet. It looks real tough. I got Kuu from the waifu event free ticket. She's good against black/red enemies. I also got Coppermine with cat food; she can stop floating enemies.

Right now, they're both at lvl 7. I'm gonna level up Coppermine some and use her to replace Valkyrie. Hopefully, this will make Bun Bun less dangerous. I've also got Sadako (Kotatsu) which takes reduced damage from floating, but I don't know how useful that will be. I'm also considering leveling up Swimmer (currently lvl 1) since it deals massive damage to floating.

What loadouts are you guys using on Cave Fillet?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Stage today: Crimson Catastrophy (200 stamina)

Starts easy enough as you get rushed by 5-6 red rabbits but goes to poo poo real quick because those rabbits are followed by 2-3 red floating heads. The boss is awesome looking but if you get to him you can probably beat him. Anything that can slow/stop floating enemies will win you the match (delinquent cat owns the stage).

You get Space Cat and 30CF for beating it.

For Cave Fillet I'm just going to work on leveling everything I have that deals with floating enemies before trying it again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
There's a new event stage for the month. Using a treasure radar will give you reindeer fish cat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

axleblaze posted:

There's a new event stage for the month. Using a treasure radar will give you reindeer fish cat.

The rare cat capsule machine is doing its special event thing again. 30 for one roll / 750 for ten.

EDIT: Hahahahaha this is perfect

EDIT: Unlocked Reindeer Fish Cat without needing a Radar, gently caress yes. It wasn't even the final stage.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 1, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
How am I supposed to fight the second Santa when his hits make all my guys freeze until his next attack? I killed the first one easily but the second guy is untouchable.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Non-stop stream of cats worked for me. How are you looking treasure wise and super/uber rare cat wise? Is all your poo poo leveled up?

Some of these stages look almost impossible without a dedicated cat to deal with black enemies (420 stamina XP state, I'm looking at you) and even then you have to time things right.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Non-stop stream of cats worked for me. How are you looking treasure wise and super/uber rare cat wise? Is all your poo poo leveled up?

Some of these stages look almost impossible without a dedicated cat to deal with black enemies (420 stamina XP state, I'm looking at you) and even then you have to time things right.

Every regular unit is maxed with +2-3, but I can't get tapjoy to work so I have no especially good units. I have at least silver on all treasures.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

Every regular unit is maxed with +2-3, but I can't get tapjoy to work so I have no especially good units. I have at least silver on all treasures.

You should maybe be able to squeak by with Valk and Bahamut if they manage to land some lucky hits but I'll be honest I ride on my Delinquent Cat and Yukimura hard. Max treasures on everything help too. The only normal cats I use in any capacity are regular cat and wall cat as a non-stop spam barrage to soak up hits. This is my regular cat selection:

Dancing Flashing Cat is the only one not maxed out (currently at lvl 18).

I just beat the third encounter with Satan (100 stamina one) and its loving brutal. The bases are super close, Satan is out from the start and his attack delay is gone meaning your cats are still frozen when the next one hits. Got lucky with the Bahamut hits to beat it but I was fighting right at my base the entire time.

I imagine the 110 stage is going to wreck me hard.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 1, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I think I've gotten as far as I can without scumming tapjoy or paying for a small chance at getting something useful. This poo poo is dumb.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I love these AV's and I'm glad theyre here together in this thread.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Mine used to have a matching "Like the other but not" text but it's changed a few times since.

E: also, I've started getting advertisements that pop up under my finger and take me out of the game. gently caress this game.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 1, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, getting some free cat food to be able to do a 10-pull is killing my soul. There is a game with five currencies, including one to speed up the actions you do with the other four. There is like three games that start with your dudes getting attacked by ORCS! then you meet a healer lady and then, kill me now please, I am still 50 cat food away.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

Goddamn, getting some free cat food to be able to do a 10-pull is killing my soul. There is a game with five currencies, including one to speed up the actions you do with the other four. There is like three games that start with your dudes getting attacked by ORCS! then you meet a healer lady and then, kill me now please, I am still 50 cat food away.

I have no idea what any of this means but I'd love some pointers on easy cat food offers.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have no idea what any of this means but I'd love some pointers on easy cat food offers.

I started with 500 catfood and, 500GB of shovelware crap downloaded later, finally reached 700. There are no easy cat food offers left for me.

And all the offers that require some personal info (which I don't mind) just spit at me when I put my Canadian Zip code. Why does free cat food hate Canada?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The in-game offers are poo poo. The my tapjoy app offers are slightly less poo poo. The tapjoy website (on safari) is where the easy ones are (20-80CF for downloading and installing a free app).

Not sure I have enough to hit 750 but it should help me get close.

As for getting credit for this poo poo here's how I'm going about it.

1. Click on offer, get redirected to App Store
2. Install and open free poo poo app
3. Go back to Safari, wait a second.
4. go back to battle cats, click on the cat food (to connect to their network and see the offer completed or something).
5. Back out and you should get your reward.

Repeat until you hate yourself. Managed to scrounge up close to 300 CF but even if I put up with the bullshit of Game of War and Summoners Wars I'll be about 150 cat food short of the 10 rolls.

Not to mention I already have the best uber rare from the current event so the rolls would be wasted. I'll take the starter roll and save for another event.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 2, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure if I have it in me to get up to 750 cat food. I only have 145 right now so the road to getting enough for the ten pack is a long one. Hopefully a good offer will come up before the deal is gone. Still, I already have so many god damned cats, many of whom I still need to level and I'm running out of levels that give good xp still.

Right now I have:
Macho Cat (max level +5)
Wall Cat (max level +3)
Brace Cat (max level +5)
Sexy Leg Cat (max level +4)
Giraffe Cat (max level +2)
UFO Cat (max level +2)
Whale Cat (max level +3)
Dragon Cat (max level +3)
Mythical Titan Cat (max level +5)
Ninja Cat (max level)
Cat Gang (max level)
Executioner (max level)
Drunken Master Cat (level 12)
Mother Cat (max level)
Biker Cat (max level)
Super Mr. (max level)
True Valkyrie Cat (max level)
Crazed Bahamut Cat (max level)
Pogo Cat (level 2)
Solar Cat (max level +2)
Paris Cat (level 10)
Phantom Thief Cat (level 10)
Monk Cat (level 12)
Fisherman Cat (Level 10)
Necromancer Cat (level 13)
Witch Cat (level 7)
Sword Master Cat (level 19)
Grudge Cat (level 13)
Reindeer Fish Cat (level 2)
Gentleman Cat (max level)
Space Cat (level 1)
Sushi Cat (level 3)
Sadako Cat (level 17)
Swimmer Cat (level 2)
Bath Cat (level 1)
Yukimura Type S (level 15)
Nekoluga (level 3)
It should be noted I haven't spent a cent on this game. I know the horrors of Tapjoy way too well at this point :suicide:

Also gently caress the offers that don't go through.

While I'm pointlessly listing all my cats, any tips on which of my unmaxed cats I should focus on?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

axleblaze posted:

While I'm pointlessly listing all my cats, any tips on which of my unmaxed cats I should focus on?

Work on your Uber Rares and work your way down rarity. A maxed out Yukimura can tank the gently caress out of anything and deal a ton of damage. The super rare cats also have a ton of HP and are great all around.

As for XP, I think one of the daily stages is for the Cat Jobs item (1.5x XP). Stock up on those then use them on the weekend XP stages. (The 420 stamina stage if you can clear it gives 230k XP, 345k with the item)

EDIT: Wednesday is when you can farm up for Cat Jobs.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 2, 2014

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
I've been saving up my catfood for another one of these events so I had enough to get 11 on sale pulls.

I didn't get a single above Rare cat, and got 5 Jurassic cats which are totally garbage.

Just counted my stuff up and it looks like I've done 31 pulls, of which 27 have been rares and 4 have been super rare. My Super Rares are Hip Hop Cat (crap), 2 x Bath Cat (great), and Deliquent Cat (good).

At least I did get a Salon Cat today which is considered the best of the Rares, maybe she'll help me have a chance in Cave Fillet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Meep posted:

My Super Rares are Hip Hop Cat (crap), 2 x Bath Cat (great), and Deliquent Cat (good).

Yo Hip Hop Cat is awesome. Cheap as hell, hits like a truck from short-medium range (safely behind wall cats) and has a ton of HP. He's great to deal with any early trash that rushes your base. Also slows down red enemies.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The in-game offers are poo poo. The my tapjoy app offers are slightly less poo poo. The tapjoy website (on safari) is where the easy ones are (20-80CF for downloading and installing a free app).

Well, I cannot get either the app or the website to recognize that I have the cat game installed so 10-20 catfood is what I am limited to.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
EDIT: managed to get it working nevermind

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I did a great offer yesterday for 361 cat food from the Tapjoy website. I installed a free trial for videos/games app for toddlers called PlayKids Premium. As soon as I got it, I turned off auto renewal on my phone and double checked on my computer.

If anyone wants to look for it, it has an icon of a cat?dog? wearing a blue engineer's cap (it has a train theme).

I've gotten well over 2000 cat food in the last couple of weeks from offers. Most apps only require an install and then running it for a few minutes. Heck, I just do it while checking email. I even learned a new card game from one of the apps.

In cat news, I got repeats from all my reduced price cat pulls. But it did get Salon and Fisherman to +3. I beat Crimson Catastrophe with help from Fisherman, Swimmer (only lvl 9), and Kotatsu. I was even able to put two anti-floating waifus out at once. You really can't rely on Dragon cats for this stage. Those floating red heads are just too tough and fast. Unfortunately, I did not get Space Cat.

• Locked thread