Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

do co-op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That helps get past missions I can't beat (assuming post game players will do missions less than code 8). That doesn't get me any additional years off the sentence or entitlement points, so it looks like I have to replay the missions I've already done about 200 more times to get code 8.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Midjack posted:

That helps get past missions I can't beat (assuming post game players will do missions less than code 8). That doesn't get me any additional years off the sentence or entitlement points, so it looks like I have to replay the missions I've already done about 200 more times to get code 8.

Use the ammunition/medication factories. See: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676676&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post438433832

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Midjack posted:

do spec ops and retributions in co-op

e: actually I just remembered that you get the full sentence/EP bonus the first time you do any given mission in co-op, even if you've already beaten it in single player, so it's a good deal.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 13, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks, I'll definitely do the factory stuff and we'll see what online is like these days.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is it just me or is the battles kind of hard without a full group? I just got to CODE 2 and I feel like grinding out the manufacturing thing is easier than the missions.

Maybe I'm just not upgrading my weapons enough?

Also what about all these items on the field, are collecting the harvesting points worth it, or should I just dash to complete the mission as fast as possible?

Also citizens are loving cunts, stop running away and stay where I put you assholes!

Also, is any of the paid dlc worthwhile?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is it just me or is the battles kind of hard without a full group? I just got to CODE 2 and I feel like grinding out the manufacturing thing is easier than the missions.

Maybe I'm just not upgrading my weapons enough?

Also what about all these items on the field, are collecting the harvesting points worth it, or should I just dash to complete the mission as fast as possible?

Also citizens are loving cunts, stop running away and stay where I put you assholes!

Also, is any of the paid dlc worthwhile?

Yeah, running with a group of 4 is always the best plan unless they tell you that you can't.

Upgrade every once in a while. It helps a bit, even if your weapon's base stats are poo poo.

They're pretty important, but depending on where they're at, you can just tell your Accessory to fetch them for you.

Running into a wall forces them into a fetal position, though whether or not that's a good idea is up to you.

I've never paid for the DLC, sorry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A Bystander posted:

Yeah, running with a group of 4 is always the best plan unless they tell you that you can't.

There are some (awful) missions where the game will tell you that you have to go solo, and you can't bring your Accessory. You can still do those in co-op with three other people, though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

drat, i really want to buy FW just because of this but money :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's only $5.00 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

There are some (awful) missions where the game will tell you that you have to go solo, and you can't bring your Accessory. You can still do those in co-op with three other people, though.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, the good thing about this game's MP is that, even with the run-of-the-mill players, everyone's competent enough to get by without dragging the group down. At least, that's my experience with it a few months ago, so I'm not sure what you'll run into now.

• Locked thread