Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there really no way to join a co-op game already in progress? :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Nope, you get stuck in the lobby waiting for them to come back :(

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So what weapon loadouts are people finding useful? I've been going with EZ Falke II and Barbara's, but I'm looking to branch out and experiment with other stuff, but the somewhat random aspect of rarity and mods is annoying to deal with. I'm only on CODE 5 now but some of these optional operations are kicking my rear end. That Ramosa/Spider optional mission. :stare:

I guess the same question goes for elemental stuff. I have a smattering of elemental damage on my Falke, but haven't seen it go off much. I guess I need to soldier on and get the materials so I can upgrade it to give it a big chunk of one of them.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'd get a good heavy melee, because Ramosas seem extra susceptible to impact-damage knockdowns, and keep the Falke for prying off the Paradoxa's leg armor.

I need Red Rage Mk 2 parts to continue upgrading my magic stick. Will those drop from the regular and imitation Red Rages, or is there some kind of super-Rage that only shows up in special ops?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
RRMk2 parts only drop from the one in 8-2, not the showdown. For..some reason. Same with Orbtaltum later on.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Bussamove posted:

So what weapon loadouts are people finding useful? I've been going with EZ Falke II and Barbara's, but I'm looking to branch out and experiment with other stuff, but the somewhat random aspect of rarity and mods is annoying to deal with. I'm only on CODE 5 now but some of these optional operations are kicking my rear end. That Ramosa/Spider optional mission. :stare:

I guess the same question goes for elemental stuff. I have a smattering of elemental damage on my Falke, but haven't seen it go off much. I guess I need to soldier on and get the materials so I can upgrade it to give it a big chunk of one of them.
I use BEB and Ea's Knife (upgrade from Damascus Knife). For the Ramosa/Spider mission I'd say focus on the Spider first. Or come back to it later with better equipment.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I finally cleared Simeon's first CODE 8 mission, and he gave me some random junk for the "Path of the Warrior." Does this stuff have any special use, or is it just general purpose high-quality materials?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This game is awesome, but my main concern is being able to make the most bitching of chainswords. What would be the optimal path to that end?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I just got to Code 7 Exam and now I fully understand the reception the game had in Japan. Any company that permits implementation of such a level deserves nothing but bankruptcy.

Edit: And somehow the one right after that manages to be an even bigger affront to any human being who isn't comatose.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 17, 2014

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

This game is awesome, but my main concern is being able to make the most bitching of chainswords. What would be the optimal path to that end?
gently caress Chainswords, go full autismo and make a Rarity 8 Late Bloomer Damascus Knife and upgrade it into Ea's Knife.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

It starts with clearing CODE 7 and getting some Rank 8 weapons factories. Use Content Manager to copy your save onto a PC, then set your weapons factories to building some Falkes.

If you get any with Rarity 7 or 8, and Power 164 or less without damage mods, check them on this site. Hopefully it returns "晩成," or "Late Bloomer," in the left-hand column--Late Bloomer weapons with low power at Level 1 will have the highest power possible at Level 10.

If your factories don't give you all that, re-copy your PC save back on to your Vita and try again. And again, and again, and again.

Note that this is the easy part. You'll still need a shitload of rare parts from CODE 8 and special ops to fully upgrade your chainsword, and then there's mods.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
List of trades that you can make with Citizens arounds the Panopticon

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Emalde posted:

Location 4-D171
Name: Abedi
Item to Trade: Decoy Mine
Item Received: Thrusterboard

The only trade you need

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How often do the Special Operations change? I'm loving the one where you have to kill one little Mobile Mk 4 in the middle of a gigantic clusterfuck, but I'm ready for something different.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Really Pants posted:

If your factories don't give you all that, re-copy your PC save back on to your Vita and try again. And again, and again, and again.

Note that this is the easy part. You'll still need a shitload of rare parts from CODE 8 and special ops to fully upgrade your chainsword, and then there's mods.
If you have PS+ use that instead of copying to a PC, much quicker.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The game tells you to "Take part in voluntary contribution operations" after each new CODE 8 mission. Does co-op count for that?

I've also apparently unlocked the last optional mission, the one where you finally get to fight a Dionaea, but I still don't have those last three facility slots. Exactly how much game do I have left?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's 50k years per "do voluntary contributions", I believe.

Also the last three facility slots are paid DLC in Japan I think.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's 50k years per "do voluntary contributions", I believe.

Also the last three facility slots are paid DLC in Japan I think.
They're paid DLC in USA too. I just saw them today when checking the DLC list for new releases this week.

They also releases additional voice packs for the accessories.

They do however suck. The default acc voice is a human with filters.

The voice packs are just literally the same lines as the default, generated with 3 different vocaloid settings. They're not even very subtle about it, the artifacts due to generation are quite strong. And to add insult to injury, the difference between the settings is fairly minimal.

It's fairly disgusting how they completely ripped out this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfyfilM8N1M

On a minor note: I'm still confused by what missions people complain about in this game. The various "play solo against endlessly spawning ai sinners" missions are difficult to the point where the outcome is sheer luck (unless you belong to the CoD console 360 noscope crowd). Meanwhile the chains mission required endurance, but was fairly easy to get through by letting the AI sinners do the bulk of the work and restricting oneself to sticking to the entry gateway and keeping 2 chains stuck on it, and reviving AI sinners as necessary.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sinners with hitscan sniper rifles are obnoxious, but they can't lock you in a downward spiral of getting hit, standing up, and immediately getting hit again like the Chains can.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Sinners with hitscan sniper rifles are obnoxious, but they can't lock you in a downward spiral of getting hit, standing up, and immediately getting hit again like the Chains can.
Odd, i wasn't stunlocked by chains at all. Occasionally hit by having one swipe through me, but the black hole attack was much more dangerous until i noticed the thorn can completely cancel it. Guess i got lucky or something.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

So, just started the game. Seems pretty cool so far, but I've heard some complaints about some of the stuff later on. Guess I'll just have to see how it goes.

Any general tips for when you start out? I've played some God Eater, but that's about it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The right squad orders can help a lot. If you're up against one Abductor and lots of floating drones or enemy sinners, set your team to Suppress Personnel and they'll clear out the little stuff so you can focus on the big guy. If there are multiple Abductors, give the order to Scatter and they'll split up, hopefully providing a good distraction so you don't get surrounded and squashed.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Also when you get the entitlement, give your Accessory the orders Use Combat Items and Target: Gunners, that'll help a bunch.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does anyone know how augmentations stack? The two Contribution Boosters obviously stack, but I tried the first Ramosa fight without any attack augments just now and it didn't take any longer than with Attack, Attack Abductors, and Attack Ramosa all equipped.

I've been trying to triple-stack attack augs this whole time. :negative:

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Does anyone know how augmentations stack? The two Contribution Boosters obviously stack, but I tried the first Ramosa fight without any attack augments just now and it didn't take any longer than with Attack, Attack Abductors, and Attack Ramosa all equipped.

I've been trying to triple-stack attack augs this whole time. :negative:

Attack Abductors only applies the orange abductors: biped, artillery, etc and their variants. That's why there's a separate one for Ramosa. It's plus 5% attack for generic attack, plus 10% for the type-specific ones, plus 15% for the situation-specific ones.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Holy poo poo and I was running Attack Abductors all along

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Agnostalgia posted:

Attack Abductors only applies the orange abductors: biped, artillery, etc and their variants. That's why there's a separate one for Ramosa. It's plus 5% attack for generic attack, plus 10% for the type-specific ones, plus 15% for the situation-specific ones.

God drat, no wonder I didn't notice any difference.

What kind of bonus do you get from the 5-point Attack + aug? 10%?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Is throwing up cards still a thing?

Lightning tigers are assholes, but Julien is a cool dude.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

Really Pants posted:

The only trade you need

My sinner and his stock of 50 thrusterboards thanks you.

https://t.co/0R49iCbVXS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SamuraiPaul posted:

My sinner and his stock of 50 thrusterboards thanks you.

https://t.co/0R49iCbVXS

gently caress the police

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

God drat I need to start playing this more.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Me too. I feel like I fell way behind in terms of earning Entitlement Points, though. Is there a consistent way to grind those up?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

The Muffinlord posted:

Me too. I feel like I fell way behind in terms of earning Entitlement Points, though. Is there a consistent way to grind those up?
Special ops get refreshed daily.

On the other hand, you will need to do some grinding in gear and levels of the ai sinners, as the special missions are really only doable in online if you're coming fresh off the "end" of the main story.

Also, as a mini-rant: I hate that quite a few of the weapon upgrades rely on will-o engines or Synthetic Generator of all-purpose abductors, which come from blowing open the abductor core for the first time and have at most a chance of 20% each, probably less. If they at least used the ones from carriers so you have 3 chances per abductor.

Has anyone found a reliable way to get these, or is it really just "grind the Code 2 Exam a lot"?

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Mithaldu posted:

the ai sinners

That's who I want the EP for, so I guess I just gotta tough it out. Oh well.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

IIRC Abductor core drops are also in their general kill drop table, but it's still just luck like anything else.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

The Muffinlord posted:

Are you donating items you don't need? The sentence reduction from donations isn't great compared to what you get for just doing missions, but you do get a pretty significant amount of entitlement points out of it.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."
After playing for a while and getting up to CODE 3, I really like this game's style (I'm not good at games with gunplay without a lock-on but I'm learning), though I wonder if there's a way to increase my base defence outside of items and other shield players.

I decided to take one of the optional missions given at my rank and it quickly spiralled into way more Abductors and Sinners showing up than I could handle, frantic revival of everyone and being one-shotted by laser attacks from what feels like miles away.

Now I know why Monster Hunter has a strict rule of only spawning two large monsters at once with minimal small monster threats - any more than that is overwhelming to even survive against, let alone to kill anything.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aside from the defense augments, not really. That's kind of the game's most glaring issue to be honest. You die super easily, moreso than any other hunting game I can think of. It's partly offset by generous revival, but even that's not enough sometimes.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

IIRC Abductor core drops are also in their general kill drop table, but it's still just luck like anything else.
Yeah, i found will-o engine and synthetic generators to drop both on core destruction and abductor kill. I'm thinking about trying to find a mission that has more of the Mk.1 all-purpose abductors, since 1-3 goes extremely fast, with completion times averaging around 1:25 for me, killing it with the Nashorn rocket launcher, but the loading times before and after it get old really fast.

Six Of Spades posted:

I wonder if there's a way to increase my base defence outside of items and other shield players.
This game is like Godhand in that you don't get defense and are expected to be very aware of your surroundings and dodge a lot. Some hints:

- use the auto-resurrector item
- try to stick close to your acc
- have your AI buddies on "suppress personnel"
- learn to recognize abductor moves (yes, this will take a long time since they mix them up so much)
- choose your weaponry according to the mission layout, sometimes range takes longer but means you won't get hosed over so much
- don't just cut everything off immediately, sometimes it's helpful to leave one arm gun on the abductor
- don't think you need to be the main damage dealer, when running with ai buddies you're hilariously effective just running around resurrecting people with your thorn
- similarly, don't dismiss the other two thorn types if you get killed too much, the healing pillar and the guard buff are good and unless you're literally pulling down all the time the attack thorn may be wasted on you
- don't forget to skill up your ai buddies, they go at least to rank 10, if not further

The only time where your lack of survivability gets actually annoying is when you're forced to go solo against sinners for 3 missions in a row in the code 6 or 7 (don't remember which) story missions. Try to do these online whenever possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thuryl posted:

Are you donating items you don't need? The sentence reduction from donations isn't great compared to what you get for just doing missions, but you do get a pretty significant amount of entitlement points out of it.

You can get a decent amount of EP from building or scavenging cheap combat items. Augmentations are all worth a lot, too.

• Locked thread