Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Really Pants posted:

You can get a decent amount of EP from building or scavenging cheap combat items. Augmentations are all worth a lot, too.
drat. Thanks a bunch for mentioning that. I really should be building augments to level up the AI buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I still think meds & munitions get you EP faster. Their production cycles only take 5 minutes, compared to 35 to 55 for an augmentation, and you can use literally anything for resources.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010
Amazon has the physical version for 14.99, appears to be on sale at BestBuy also. I really didn't expect this hard of a price drop one month later, but I'll take it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finally passed the code 7 exam, And I'm in dire need of a new weapon. Thing is I don't understand how the system works. Can someone tell me a bit how it works and what I should do to get a decent/good weapon?
I'm using the EZ Katze II AUSF G and Murasame Mk 12

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's a strange system - in theory any weapon can be upgraded to 15 but ideally you want to make one that's of a high rarity (more mod slots) and low attack power (initially bad, but ends up being much more powerful).

So basically, find a couple weapons you like the function of, make them until they come out 7 or 8 rarity and with low power according to the range when you go to make it (taking Power Up/Down mods into account if it comes out of the oven with them), then move on to upgrading and modding it from there.

There's a nice guide to follow here: http://www.reddit.com/r/FreedomWars/comments/2leubo/dummys_guide_to_optimal_weapon_crafting/

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Don't bother with the japanese calculator it links. There's a translated one:

https://6a57cca50e456735ae8b3ac3f342487a76188c6e-www.googledrive.com/host/0B5nV0iERsuAoRExTVjJGOE9teE0/FreWar/weapon.html

Although it does seem to disagree with the overview table on some weapons.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Eigo posted:

Amazon has the physical version for 14.99, appears to be on sale at BestBuy also. I really didn't expect this hard of a price drop one month later, but I'll take it.

Amazon is back up to $30 so I grabbed it in-store pickup at Best Buy. Time to breath some life into my dusty Vita.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Can you find Ruined Cable: Ultra-High Quality in the Cell Garden?

I'm guessing no. I've never even seen it in Retribution loot lists.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Really Pants posted:

Can you find Ruined Cable: Ultra-High Quality in the Cell Garden?

I'm guessing no. I've never even seen it in Retribution loot lists.

It is in two retributions, 100 and 101 IIRC.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Just a small note for those who haven't figured it out yet (like me until yesterday):

After completing the story missions (and starting earlier optimally) the medication and munition factory are an extremely great way to convert 2-5 high level items (~100 years) + 13-10 trash items (25 years) into items worth 500-1000 years (in total), with a production time of 5 minutes (finally a use for all those low level citizens).

For me the optimum combination seems to be 2 * Debilitator+ (R. 7, 140 GPP, 47 years) + 13 * Carapace|Generator Melee|Carrier|Marksman|Mobile Mk 1|2 (R. 1, 5 GPP, 2 years) in the munitions factory, resulting in 2 * Debilitator+ plus 20+ items averaging out to 100 GPP, 33 years each.

This means i can keep this cycle up as long as i have trash items to throw into it (i have 200+ of each type of those), as i'll always get the Debilitators back that are needed to guarantee the highest quality for the next cycle.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You only need two high-quality items for the highest-quality output?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Really Pants posted:

You only need two high-quality items for the highest-quality output?
At R. 7, yes. At lower ranks you need more of them. I think it's based on starting with the rank of the highest item you put in, and ranking down successively if the GPP total of the input set fails to match certain numbers.

... I hope this makes sense.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It does, but I can't get it to work with any less than 5 Debilitators+. Luckily that's still a net gain.

What exactly is the trigger for new Retributions? I've gone through like 150,000 years' worth of ops now without getting a new one.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Really Pants posted:

It does, but I can't get it to work with any less than 5 Debilitators+. Luckily that's still a net gain.
What's the other items you're throwing in? I noticed that unless you fill up the 15 slots with rock-bottom items, you do need more of the highest level items.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats in the code 7 exam? i dont like when i cant take my accessory

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Awesome! posted:

A 1v1 me fgt duel that quickly becomes like a 7 on 1 battle, hope you can find good cover.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Go online for that poo poo and don't look back once you're through it. You still can't bring ACC, but it makes it less of a lottery.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mithaldu posted:

What's the other items you're throwing in? I noticed that unless you fill up the 15 slots with rock-bottom items, you do need more of the highest level items.

I think I figured it out. For some reason, 2 Debilitators and 13 Core Unit: Common Mk 1s gives you better items than 2 Debilitators and 13 Mk 4 floater parts, even though they're the same GPP and a higher rarity level.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Bless you, somethingawful.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do Element Up mods have any effect on a weapon with the full 100 points of elements? Do they count towards that limit?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 13, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They're separate IIRC, but they won't push you past 100 for a single element, should you have that much.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I remember reading something that the limit for element is somewhere around 170 with mods? Is gamefaqs off its rocker with that one?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

According to the weapon calculator, having all four Power Up mods gives you a x1.65 power multiplier. I don't know if the Element Up mods work the same way, but it kind of makes sense that they would.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

So which is the better giant gun for your Accessory: MG-M7 or EZ Wolf Ausf 1?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I either give my accesory the flamethrower or the rocket launcher that does the most damage. Can't remember their names

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I got this game last month as a gift and I'm having a blast with it so far, certain situations with the AI pathfinding notwithstanding. I just passed the CODE 7 exam and I'm moving on up. A quick question about element types, though. Is it better for the weapon to be focused in one element or is spreading them out a viable option?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

A Bystander posted:

I got this game last month as a gift and I'm having a blast with it so far, certain situations with the AI pathfinding notwithstanding. I just passed the CODE 7 exam and I'm moving on up. A quick question about element types, though. Is it better for the weapon to be focused in one element or is spreading them out a viable option?

You either want one element or a perfectly even spread of all elements. The former is easier, but depending on how :spergin: you are it might compel you to make a handful of extra weapons you otherwise wouldn't.

Depending on your weapon preference, I would suggest either Ice (will help compound damage) or Elec (the paralysis is really useful and this element is most effective against the majority of the "default" abductors since they're considered Will'O)

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I really dig this dumb chainsword, so I guess I'll try hunting for a good base as an Ice weapon. I like the assault rifles and autocannons, but which one would be better in terms of getting Electricity active? I figure it'd be the autocannons since they shoot out a lot of rounds, but I'd think they'd balance that and have the chance of procs be lower to compensate.

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

I am playing this in a PS-TV and loving it so far (Just hit Code 3).
I'm playing with a EU physical cart on an US PS account so can't access any of the free addons, which is something of a bummer (also cant change panopticon or anything else which involves the store). Is the free dlc any good?

Was wondering if anyone is still playing this regularly?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've been playing this regularly but I just got back into classes and poo poo, so it's going to be limited to the weekends for the most part. I do recommend finding a partner, but last time I tried online, the netcode was weird. Also, if the host hits a snag, the whole group gets DC'd, so that's something to watch out for as well.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

User Friendly posted:

Is the free dlc any good?

Really Pants posted:

KYAAA BEYATORICHE-SENPAI :syoon:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A Bystander posted:

I really dig this dumb chainsword, so I guess I'll try hunting for a good base as an Ice weapon. I like the assault rifles and autocannons, but which one would be better in terms of getting Electricity active? I figure it'd be the autocannons since they shoot out a lot of rounds, but I'd think they'd balance that and have the chance of procs be lower to compensate.

It does seem like rapid attacks are better for element procs. That includes Light/Heavy Melee charged attacks and Polearm leap attacks.

You can buy level 5 Murasames or Katzes from Zakka, upgrade them to elemental weapons right away, and feed those to your weapon of choice. A weapon with 30 Ice points should add 5 or 6 Ice when it's used for fodder. Have fun getting your modules right again!

It looks like they've added some new special ops in the last month. Does anyone know how many?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 18, 2015

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not too worried about getting the best of the best for the time being (been down that road before), I just want to get all the entitlements related to gearing out my AI partners since I usually go alone and no one joins my rooms at the times I'm on. I ran into this really geared out dude whose spear made quick work of those loving dragons. I take it spears are the best when it comes to melee attacks? I'm not planning on jumping ship to polearms, but I guess it'd make some sort of sense.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Holy poo poo, I had never even heard of this game. I love Monster Hunter and the likes, and I had just gotten myself a Vita. I got it on a whim cause an employee at Gamestop told me this game was the poo poo while I was picking myself up a copy of Danganronpa. This has easily got to be one of the most fun games I've found that's had like no advertisement.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
That joyous feeling will stop once you hit about CODE 6, so make sure you get a partner to tag along with you. I mean, I'd be playing with friends all the way wherever possible, but you'll really appreciate the extra help in the late-game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

A Bystander posted:

I'm not too worried about getting the best of the best for the time being (been down that road before), I just want to get all the entitlements related to gearing out my AI partners since I usually go alone and no one joins my rooms at the times I'm on. I ran into this really geared out dude whose spear made quick work of those loving dragons. I take it spears are the best when it comes to melee attacks? I'm not planning on jumping ship to polearms, but I guess it'd make some sort of sense.

Spears are my favorite, especially the Exodus staff you unlock for clearing CODE 7. I base this on absolutely nothing concrete. Barbara's Easy Blaster can replace light melee for destroying parts, though, and heavy melee is just too slow for me.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't know if it's a mistake or what, but there are shitloads of Retributions in the special ops rotation right now.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

I don't know if it's a mistake or what, but there are shitloads of Retributions in the special ops rotation right now.

I just got a bunch, too. I thought it was from meeting a bunch of people from a lot of different 'Cons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I just finished the Code 7 exam, and looking at what comes next it appears that the rest of the game is just a grindy grindfest. Is the story worth getting Code 8 for, or am I pretty much done? I though the Code 6 mission that is "destroy 2 Abductors, no gently caress you destroy 5 Abductors LOL" was bullshit (not the least because I can't clear it), and that kind of kills my desire to do more missions. Also it appears that there aren't any missions that clear a quarter million years at a time, and gently caress doing 500 missions to get down to 0 sentence.

• Locked thread