Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Anyone else having issues redeeming the pre-order DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i entered my amazon code a couple hours ago with no problems

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Must be either my net or a rush of people, it kept erroring out, and now it's hanging on "waiting to install" lameee.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent tried downloading or installing it yet. it's in my dl list like normal though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It took a few tries but it worked eventually.

It's time to game.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Static Rook posted:

Isn't that "DLC" just for changing your "home" city you pick at the beginning of the game? At least wait until some real stuff shows up to waste money on like me. Hello, extra $20 left in my PSN Wallet from Paypal funding, my anime slave shall be the grandest of all!

It is, but I picked NYC because it was just the closest timezone. I'd rather be in Iceland. :3

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I preordered from Future Shop and I don't think I got the preorder bonus despite their website saying I would. welp

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Argas posted:

I preordered from Future Shop and I don't think I got the preorder bonus despite their website saying I would. welp

It was on my reciept, i got mine from gamestop tho.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Houston is 37/50. OUch

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was on my reciept, i got mine from gamestop tho.

I ordered online and under promotional codes on the order, it says N/A. loving Future Shop, they even advertised the bonus for online pre-orders.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How is this compared to tokiden? with the $30 price point and instant amazon codes I'm thinking about jumping in since I have leftover trade in credits.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got a couple missions under my belt and I'm really, really enjoying this. I like the artstyle, and the gameplay. My one complaint though is that after playing hundreds of hours of MH3U on the wii u with the pro controller it's a little cramped playing a game like this on the vita, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got a couple missions under my belt and I'm really, really enjoying this. I like the artstyle, and the gameplay. My one complaint though is that after playing hundreds of hours of MH3U on the wii u with the pro controller it's a little cramped playing a game like this on the vita, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Agreed. I just unlocked the whole manufacturing stuff and it blew my wig off. There's a lot to this game.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Are there options to edit/rename your character or accessory after creation?

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Apparently, taking 10 seconds or longer to choose a response in a conversation adds 20 more years on your sentence. :allears:

Armor-Piercing posted:

In the Window on Liberty (the green screen thing). Haven't checked those options since I'm sure one of those will give you a penalty.

OgretailFood fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 28, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Armor-Piercing posted:

Yeah. It's pretty much right after the tutorial for your player character, accessory re-editing comes later.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1.20 patch notes: various new features, other issues addressed. :laugh:

somehow i have no one in my activity feed with "is playing freedom wars for the first time"

add me you bastards. Super_Aggro_Crag

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I'm batmadtas and I can't put this dumb game down.

Lavastine
Jul 16, 2007
Help, I've been playing 7 hours and I cant stop! Or add me and help me keep playing; in as lavastine

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
This is neat. In as PolypPaul.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lmao +20 years for saying "i think i might just pass on all of this" at the beginning. game already epic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Little annoyed that they didn't bother to sub the P.A. stuff.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Stuck at work with my copy on my front porch. Can't wait to give it a try tonight after all the positive comments from y'all. Pan is dungeon_shaker, hit me up so I can have bros to play with!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You should go up to the top area in Level 2 and talk to the guard Accessory :frog:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it just me or are all the civilians super short? like holy gently caress my character is 5'9 and I'm a towering giant to all the ones I've seen.

I guess the manlet shall inherit the earth...

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So whats the chance we see a Freedom Wars Vita bundle? Or hell, a new Vita bundle at all? I've wanted a Vita for awhile, but every bundle that comes up just includes games I already own, and for how few games I actually want, $200 seems a bit pricey ( since I can get a refurb WiiU for the same price. ).

VVVV

You can buy a VitaTV for $100 and hook it up to your TV just fine/play it with a Ps3/4 controller. The only games that require the Vita proper are stuff like Gravity Rush/things that use the hand stuff.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 29, 2014

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Why are all the neat looking and super in-depth RPGs for portables? gently caress. Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Fantasy life, etc. I don't want a drat portable.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the taking of 5 or more steps within the containment cell contravenes the state directive on freedom of prisoner movement in leisure hours. penalty: 10 years.

i cant stop owning myself please help me percy

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm digging princess carrying the manlets to safety.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Even when you're allowed to run a bit longer, you still get penalized for getting to far from your accessory. :eng99:

Also, I wish the game made the thing about only small knives severing well me clear instead of letting me bash my giant meat cleaver into a giant missile launcher for a minute.

Jesus christ, even standing around for 3 minutes is a penalty. I kinda wish there was a dictionary of penalties so you could collect them all.

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
So I preordered this off EB games in Australia and I've redeemed my preorder bonus but I can't see it in my download list. Is this because it's not out in Europe yet? Will I be able to change into my fancy suit later?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You can sever stuff as any weapon type, it's just faster with the small weapon. Unless thats what you meant and I misread it.

I really dislike how finnicky the lock on can be, I broke a pod open and the lock on refused to stop jittering between the legs when I was trying to target the civvie to rescue and the pod regenned.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Can you not customize the Accessory's responses with the voice synth in the English release? Unless it's something you unlock later..which would be kind of dumb considering the devs hyped it as "working fine in English" a ways back.

dPB posted:

So I preordered this off EB games in Australia and I've redeemed my preorder bonus but I can't see it in my download list. Is this because it's not out in Europe yet? Will I be able to change into my fancy suit later?

You should be able to get it. I went and picked up my copy this morning, though they forgot the code. Contacted EB, they sent me one within two hours and I redeemed it and looked like a business lady. But either way it just adds the costume to your clothes list and you can redeem it after starting the game, so don't fret too much.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You can sever stuff as any weapon type, it's just faster with the small weapon. Unless thats what you meant and I misread it.

I haven't yet tested it in a full mission, but of the tutorial mission it took two hits with the big sword and one with a small knife. Additionally this small knife gets you quick time event, which I assume means it will be much faster in a full mission.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I failed the first civilian rescue mission three times. Then I figured out that the "Scatter" team command lets everyone go off and do their own thing rather than follow you around. Still getting used to the controls and the lock-on mechanic, but loving the game so far.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Static Rook posted:

I failed the first civilian rescue mission three times. Then I figured out that the "Scatter" team command lets everyone go off and do their own thing rather than follow you around. Still getting used to the controls and the lock-on mechanic, but loving the game so far.
Yeah, there's a number of things that would do well to be mentioned in the OP post:

- play through the main missions until you get quick travel before messing around with exploring things
- knife severing is much quicker than clubs or spears
- scatter is the most useful ai command, especially in manlet collecting missions
- keep in mind you can tell your accessory to bring manlets home
- (something i don't know, but others can probably answer) "Modify" adds special effects (randomly | depending on factors: ???)
- to start a multiplayer match, stand in a blue pillar and hit x to mark yourself ready
- make sure that the mission isn't a raid on your own panopticon :v:
- activate voice chat with the touch interface to the left even if only to hear others, the vita actually has really good voice chat built in (might be better to do it with headphones)
- if you don't like voice, the vita can use bluetooth keyboards
- ???

Then, i read about a Thorn 2 input pattern that maps the action button (pick up item/manlet) to pad-down. Does this unlock later, or is that in a patch yet to come?

Lastly, i'm disappointed that upgrading the level of equipment for colleagues has to be bought with contribution points, instead of getting them materials. Not because i dislike it, but more because it's kind of fourth-wall breaking. They could at least have a scene where they get penalized in the transporter for bringing high level gear on your trip.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Twibbit posted:

Houston is 37/50. OUch

What? We were 36 when i checked last. Alright I'm getting back to it then. I'm Filetofish43 but i'm prolly gonna be on the story for a bit to get my bearings. My only other hunting game was soul sacrifice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Please give your Acsessory the biggest gently caress-off weapons you can.

Also, I love that lining up with your barcodes is how you signify readiness.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I wonder if the accessory, being AI, gets unlimited ammo or also has to run around and grab ammo boxes. If it gets unlimited ammo then giving it the biggest guns would not only be really funny, but also really useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Awesome! posted:

the taking of 5 or more steps within the containment cell contravenes the state directive on freedom of prisoner movement in leisure hours. penalty: 10 years.

i cant stop owning myself please help me percy

It's kind of funny and in keeping with the fiction that a) you have amnesia and have no idea you're violating all of these petty stupid laws literally every 5 steps or if you lie down (!) and b) does a good job of mimicking a wacky police state that has evolved to a high level of arbitrariness in 100000 years to the point where no one knows the rules anymore except the robots.

Great game. Super interesting so far.

• Locked thread